OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Sadly, I think we will get to know about that first hand. At least next year.

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
It really appears that we are going to fill out of 2023 roster with draft picks and UFAs. They have a core on offense that can win some games. Defense appears to be D- or D outside of Donald. I would be surprised if we won more than 6 or 7 games. I would be less surprised if we only won 4 or 5.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
When it comes to adding high quality FA's this year
Screenshot_20230320-120243.png

Sorry only sharing cuz I thought the pic was funny

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Amazing what happens when a team comes off losing 10 or more games for 4 straight seasons. Those top 5 picks sure come in handy
No doubt. But the Lions also traded for picks-- Stafford in 2021 for 2 first round picks and their starting tight end T. J. Hockenson to the Vikings in mid season 2022 for a second this year (no. 55) and a third next year. They used the first Stafford pick to trade up from No. 32 to No. 12 to get Alabama WR Jameson Wiliams and have the other (no. 6) in hand for this year. Of course they got Goff as well.

Holmes is now playing with a strong hand of in house and acquired draft picks and astute free agent signings. It may or may not produce a contender, but it is a big time strategy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Eagerly awaiting some yard sale shopping by the Rams in that late FA period. Hopefully they can put a dent in these roster holes on the cheap.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Eagerly awaiting some yard sale shopping by the Rams in that late FA period. Hopefully they can put a dent in these roster holes on the cheap.
I hope I'm wrong but this is really looking like a throwaway year. Its quite possible they will be playing guys who have little to no experience in order get them that valuable experience. And to see who will be legitimate contributors for next season.

In the meantime, with very little money to spend they will see if continuity on the offensive line will see improvement. If it does improve and they stay healthy enough then maybe the offense will carry the team to more wins than expected. That is pretty much the best we can hope for.

Tano

Legend
I hope I'm wrong but this is really looking like a throwaway year. Its quite possible they will be playing guys who have little to no experience in order get them that valuable experience. And to see who will be legitimate contributors for next season.

In the meantime, with very little money to spend they will see if continuity on the offensive line will see improvement. If it does improve and they stay healthy enough then maybe the offense will carry the team to more wins than expected. That is pretty much the best we can hope for.
True but that is contingent on Stafford being healthy.

No Stafford = screwed (unless our 5th round pick for a back-up QB turns out to be a Romo/Brady/Wilson even Cousins type pick - and yes I know Romo was a UDFA)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
No doubt. But the Lions also traded for picks-- Stafford in 2021 for 2 first round picks and their starting tight end T. J. Hockenson to the Vikings in mid season 2022 for a second this year (no. 55) and a third next year. They used the first Stafford pick to trade up from No. 32 to No. 12 to get Alabama WR Jameson Wiliams and have the other (no. 6) in hand for this year. Of course they got Goff as well.

Holmes is now playing with a strong hand of in house and acquired draft picks and astute free agent signings. It may or may not produce a contender, but it is a big time strategy.

He better hope those picks pan out. And even if they do there's no guarantee they'll be on the team in 3, 4 years. Picks and bullet point lists are great but eventually they become players and reality shows up l.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It really appears that we are going to fill out of 2023 roster with draft picks and UFAs. They have a core on offense that can win some games. Defense appears to be D- or D outside of Donald. I would be surprised if we won more than 6 or 7 games. I would be less surprised if we only won 4 or 5.
Suck for CaLEB!
Throw the towel IN for WillIAMS!

My rhyming game sucks right now.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not his fault teams kept throwing money at him. Why aren't you angry at the Rams for screwing him with an abysmal surrounding cast?

I was expecting the Rams to beef up their line to protect their investment, but it didn't happen. Similar situation with Goff, they should bulked up the line and adjusted the playbook to fit his strengths.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I was expecting the Rams to beef up their line to protect their investment, but it didn't happen. Similar situation with Goff, they should bulked up the line and adjusted the playbook to fit his strengths.
I would think by now the Rams just have no idea what they have in their OL. What they do know they have 3 starters who are serious injury prone in Noteboom/ Allen & Anchrum. They have 3 rookies Arcuri/ Thomas & Bruss who are inexperienced but Arcuri is the best of the 3.

Then there's the newly resigned Coleman Shelton last season's starter @ RG & center. The Rams appear to be okay @ the two starting OT posts with Jackson & Havenstein.

This present 2023 OL is far from being "Beefed Up" more like a MASH rehab unit.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
He better hope those picks pan out. And even if they do there's no guarantee they'll be on the team in 3, 4 years. Picks and bullet point lists are great but eventually they become players and reality shows up l.
That's the case with free agents too. Sign a high priced free agent, a couple of years later cut or trade him for a lower round pick while eating dead cap space. Nothing is certain except death and taxes... especially not in the Not For Long.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I would think by now the Rams just have no idea what they have in their OL. What they do know they have 3 starters who are serious injury prone in Noteboom/ Allen & Anchrum. They have 3 rookies Arcuri/ Thomas & Bruss who are inexperienced but Arcuri is the best of the 3.

Then there's the newly resigned Coleman Shelton last season's starter @ RG & center. The Rams appear to be okay @ the two starting OT posts with Jackson & Havenstein.

This present 2023 OL is far from being "Beefed Up" more like a MASH rehab unit.

:sick2: Stafford's going to be earning his salary this year, ... who's looking for a job as a stretcher bearer ?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Suck for CaLEB!
Throw the towel IN for WillIAMS!

My rhyming game sucks right now.
Suck for Caleb,
Fans say what,
Team gonna be more ass than anus,
Winning the Superbowl ain't us,
Unknown players say you can't name us,
So you can't blame us,
When the season flames up,
But by 24 we gonna be swimming in bread cuz we done came up!

Hahaha just trying to help

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
By the way, just wanna say I'm messing around with the rap so no one thinks I really feel that way. I'm just making fun of that fact so don't come at me bro! :laugh1:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I think this is a great addition for their team, AFC East going to be crazy between the Bills and Dolphins

Screenshot_20230320-192826.png

Status
Not open for further replies.