OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That's a good indication of how deeply deficient the roster really is. Kupp is the only receiver who makes a difference. Atwell might, Jefferson might, Robinson used to, but none of them have really proven it with the Rams. This is at best an average receiver corps (except for Kupp). I hope they can prove me wrong, but I doubt it. Atwell maybe.

Rams desperately need more real playmakers on offense beyond Stafford and Kupp.
Snead /McVay utilized 2 recent top draft selections on WR's Atwell & Jefferson both 2nd rounders in 2020 & 2021. Neither of these two top draft picks is a starter. Jefferson is in his 4th season (final yr on contract)& Atwell is entering his 3rd.

Many here have posted positively & openly to the idea that the WR unit is in need of spending all our cap $$$ for another aging older WR. If so that is some solid evidence of the Snead/McVay draft skills & it's not positive.

What is even harder for me to fathom about my favorite team's GM & HC felt it was a smart move to spend more very big future cap cash to beef up that WR unit last season by signing Allen Robinson signed a 3-year, $46.5 million contract, including a $14,000,000 signing bonus, $31 million guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $15.5 million.

Now everyone is in distress over a large number of cuts of starters & the lack of action in free agency. Very clear to me & I sure not surprised. Bad decisions after bad decisions will give you a 5-12 NFL team in 2022.

But but it's all the injuries' fault....:violin::violin:

Last edited:

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Former Browns’ free-agent running back D’Ernest Johnson reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Jacksonville Jaguars

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
would there be any draft compensation for a cheap contract like Longs, Or Gaines?
I'll be honest, I'd have to do some research on that prior to answering confidently as I've personally never looked into it. I'm guessing it's based on how much these players sign for as to what round these picks land into. Best guess would be we'll max out for all the players we lost but they'd be late round picks since no one signed has broken the bank.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
would there be any draft compensation for a cheap contract like Longs, Or Gaines?
The lowest right now for 2024 projected 7th round comp is $3M. So I think the answer is yes - unless it’s less than that and there is some floor threshold of like $2-3M

Psycho_X

Legend
What @Ram Ts said plus a team can only receive a max of four comp picks every year and there's also a chance a team could get less then 4 if the total league wide hits the 32 limit (not including picks for minority hires). So I think we're already calculated to get three for Gay, Scott, and Mayfield. So we might get one more for either of those guys but not for both assuming their contracts are big enough to hit the 7th round threshold which I'd assume Gaines would.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Trade: Jets are trading WR Elijah Moore and their 3rd-round pick to the Browns for their 2nd-round pick

I like Rams

Hall of Fame

Rams Sign Rams QB Judge Judy to 1-Year Deal

by Mike Foolio
Profootballsqualk.com
writer and collie molester

Former TV star Judge Judy has found a new home.

According to multiple reports, the Los Angeles Rams have reached an agreement to sign Judy to a one-year, $7.5 million deal.

Following the release of legendary backup quarterbacks John Wolford and Bryce Perkins in February, the Rams had a clear need at the position behind starter Matthew Stafford.

Judy brings to the Rams her experience of a mentally demanding 25-year TV series as the tough non-nonsense Judge from her popular show.

Rams Head Coach Sean McVay watched her throw and was impressed by her arm strength.

"Definitely has a stronger arm that Wolf or Perk," McVay gleamed. "She can make all the throws. No arm issues at all. Her elbow is fine. She's just that special player and I've always respected her game. Things that she brings to the table; I've known her a little bit. She literally just got here last night. An incredibly sharp lady. We feel like this is the right move for us given the circumstances in the quarterback room. Gives us a chance to have her and we'll see how it goes and take it a day at a time once minicamp starts."

Rams General Manager Les Sneed was also high on the signing. "F them picks," he joked with reporters.

Judge Judy was all smiles. "I'm a huge Cooper Kupp fan," she said enthusiastically. "I can't wait to get in sync with him in training camp."

When asked if she could handle the rigors of a full NFL season, Judy replied sternly "This is now my courtroom! Case dismissed!"

View attachment 59225
Judge Judy will be calling the shots if Stafford misses time with chronic elbow injury.
Bro, cheers to you for the dedication it took to create all that. Lol

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have not seen where they have published the contracts as of yet have you seen them?

Thinking NT Greg Gaines will get approx $5.5 million a season. I am sure that CB David Long signed up as waterboy for free.

NT Greg Gaines might get Snead a late 7th rd award if lucky. It was projected that he would get close to $9 million a year. NFL not too impressed with our 2023 UFA's as far as value added to their teams.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Goddamnit....I was a big Powell fan. He was a very good diverse player for us.
He was a nobody who came in and earned a niche. But like so many players on this roster just another one where we needed to upgrade anyway.

Rams have desperately needed a returner for years. It would be very helpful to start looking for that skill among these wideouts and RBs we're bringing in.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I could see them shipping a future 2nd or something off for Kamara.
I'd rather just grab Gibbs this year. Much younger, MUCH cheaper, no legal issue. No chance in hell I'd give a 2nd for Kamara.

Status
Not open for further replies.