OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
By the way, just wanna say I'm messing around with the rap so no one thinks I really feel that way. I'm just making fun of that fact so don't come at me bro! :laugh1:

Oh! That was Rap!?! I'm so glad.

I thought you were having some type of seizure.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Small salary with big time incentives on a 1 year prove-it deal.

Stafford: 'Please, please, please make it happen'.

Do It Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
OBJ returning to Rams imo would be the best news yet except for McVay coming back. We would have a very competitive passing game with two outstanding receivers (assuming the the oline isn’t a shambles again.)
I'd do a one year prove it deal. Then an extension in 24 if he pans out.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
OBJ will require the market to speak to him in very bad numbers he does not like. If that happens maybe he gets down to our range on a prove-it deal, which could potentially be outstanding for us.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If we had OBJ, draft a RB like Gibbs… patch the offensive line and we got a top unit.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think a lot of teams will do that. The problem is, that’s not what Beckham wants. Question is who blinks, or whether there’s some compromise.
Exactly.
To sign him, a team will give him a 3-4 year deal with decent signing bonus and low guaranteed money.
Something like
4 year deal, 75 mill
20 mill signing bonus,
2023 5 mill salary guaranteed
2024 12 mill salary, guaranteed at start of 2024 league year
2025 15 mill salary non guaranteed, 4 mill roster bonus
2026 15 mill salary non guaranteed, 4 mill roster bonus
That way he gets his chunk of cheddar, and team is protected if he flames out

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Exactly.
To sign him, a team will give him a 3-4 year deal with decent signing bonus and low guaranteed money.
Something like
4 year deal, 75 mill
20 mill signing bonus,
2023 5 mill salary guaranteed
2024 12 mill salary, guaranteed at start of 2024 league year
2025 15 mill salary non guaranteed, 4 mill roster bonus
2026 15 mill salary non guaranteed, 4 mill roster bonus
That way he gets his chunk of cheddar, and team is protected if he flames out
Good luck to the team that gives him huge jack like that. He has missed considerable time in 3 of the last 6 years, including all of 2022 and he'll turn 31 in November. Add to that he has had some problems other than health. I don't doubt he'll get more than he should....somebody will believe he's worth it. I see a 3 yr contract with voidable years at the end to absorb the signing bonus. Those are all the rage now.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think a lot of teams will do that. The problem is, that’s not what Beckham wants. Question is who blinks, or whether there’s some compromise.
So far he doesn’t have a buyer willing to give him what he wants. Isn’t he over 30 with a few knee repairs? I read that he wants 8 million a year.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
So far he doesn’t have a buyer willing to give him what he wants. Isn’t he over 30 with a few knee repairs? I read that he wants 8 million a year.
I read $15-$20M at one point which was hysterical to me.

Yeah, like you said, no one is biting yet but it only takes one team, with cap space and a perceived need.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OBJ instantly makes the 2023 Los Angeles Rams primetime T.V. and a darkhorse in the conversation to make the playoffs. Because you can never underestimate any team coached by McVay. Just ask the 2022 Raiders. What if in week 17 we are one win away from a wildcard birth? Get OBJ for that "show me" deal and we are off to the races.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If we had OBJ, draft a RB like Gibbs… patch the offensive line and we got a top unit.
Would those patches be like my old blue jeans heavy-duty knee patches I wore for most of my childhood?

I thought that last year the Rams ran out of OL patches & the patches that McVay used were already used & full of holes.:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.