OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am actually surprised we've heard nothing about Gaines from anywhere. There's been rumblings about teams having interest in most of our free agents but I've seen no mention of Gaines being looked at by anyone. I saw some rumblings about A'Shawn Robinson being looked at by a couple of teams but think that was mostly rumormill websites. Hoping that means we can retain Gaines for a moderate contract. The secondary FA market should start heating up though so will see what happens.
I believe that it was on the 11 Personnel podcast. They said many teams are interested in Ashawn and he is projected to get around 12 million per year.

I thought it was odd. Ashawn is basically just a run stuffer who played with AD, which makes his job easier. Plus he was injured last season. Is he really that coveted?

Gaines was injured this season too. Maybe teams are leery of his health?

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I know. But he was the enforcer I wish would've been back after Ramsey was gone. Need that hitter.
If it helps you feel better, he was a 7th rd pick that Bones wanted for ST. If we can find players like him in the last rd, I'll trust our chances to do it again. If not this year the next.

Tano

Legend
The Rams are having a Leap year, it now appears 2024 is the plan.
I have been saying that all along. This year will be a wash with maybe some competitive games but I am not going to get my hopes overly up like I did last year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
As long as there is a plan…have a plan and stick to it.
GMs and coaches are always looking at future draft classes and free agents. I recall it being reported that Snead was talking to Fisher about Goff during Goff’s Jr season.

With the one year turnaround we saw when McVay arrived, then getting to two Super Boels in the next 5 years, I’m pretty sure he had a plan each of those years. If he wasn’t sticking around THEN I’d be worried.

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
GMs and coaches are always looking at future draft classes and free agents. I recall it being reported that Snead was talking to Fisher about Goff during Goff’s Jr season.

With the one year turnaround we saw when McVay arrived, then getting to two Super Boels in the next 5 years, I’m pretty sure he had a plan each of those years. If he was sticking around THEN I’d be worried.
did you mean to say, "
If he wasn't sticking around THEN I’d be worried
If you are referring to McVay I mean
train

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Am I the only one who hates the "it's all for 2024" shit? Like, what? We're supposed to be OK with punting a season away?

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I hate it too because it's not accurate. It's also about moving guys who are not living up to their contracts. That is the Rams way under McVay. They pay out the cash but they move your ass if you don't live up to it.

Where you run into problems is when you're moving multiple disappointments. Rams have made a lot of mistakes of late in that regard, more than usual, and it expedited the cleanup.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
At some point the bill comes due. Either this coming season or the next it has to happen. I'd just as soon get a jump on rebuilding the roster with draft picks this year and fill holes with the draft and some cap space next. Hopefully, keeps it to a short stay in cap hell.
The timing actually couldn't be better.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
At some point the bill comes due. Either this coming season or the next it has to happen. I'd just as soon get a jump on rebuilding the roster with draft picks this year and fill holes with the draft and some cap space next. Hopefully, keeps it to a short stay in cap hell.
The timing actually couldn't be better.

I fear these decisions might be the right move at this time, although many of us are 70 years old or more, and many more are approaching these years, we really want to see our team back on top again.
I don't see it as the Rams 'tanking', although I don't know what the proper word would be for one category or ranking above that.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Status
Not open for further replies.