OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Sorry had to share cuz I know a lot of us feel this way even though we know our cap is limited :laugh3:

Screenshot_20230315-162708.png

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Holy shit I had tempered my expectations going into FA but this is even more depressing than I was ready for lol

Wisconsinram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mike
Holy shit I had tempered my expectations going into FA but this is even more depressing than I was ready for lol
You think it's been hard on you? That ain't nothin, you should talk to Ottoman!

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
You can be angry, frustrated and disappointed but you can't be surprised.

The Rams may re-sign one or two of their free agents but they are going to lose most of them.
I know. But he was the enforcer I wish would've been back after Ramsey was gone. Need that hitter.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I know. But he was the enforcer I wish would've been back after Ramsey was gone. Need that hitter.
The Draft is still five weeks away; and those players will not be signed immediately. However, the cap space the Rams have will barely be enough to sign that Draft-class.

The Rams could sign one or two free agents right now (their own or another team's FA) but their flexibility is limited. Also, they really don't have a recent-track-record of re-signing safeties.

Personally, I am hoping for Greg Gaines to be re-signed.

Another thing for frustrated posters to consider is that this is NOT the time where there are bargain signings. The start of the League Year is when free agents get paid, with the exception of a few veterans that choose to stay with their current team ... like a Fletcher Cox.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
The Draft is still five weeks away; and those players will not be signed immediately. However, the cap space the Rams have will barely be enough to sign that Draft-class.

The Rams could sign one or two free agents right now (their own or another team's FA) but their flexibility is limited. Also, they really don't have a recent-track-record of re-signing safeties.

Another thing for frustrated posters to consider is that this is NOT the time where there are bargain signings. The start of the League Year is when free agents get paid, with the exception of a few veterans that choose to stay with their current team ... like a Fletcher Cox.
I totally understand how, and why we are and got to this situation. And know they were never going to be aggressive or be able to do much. It's just one hell of a shot to the gut as a fan. Considering they were supposed to be doing things to remain cap flexible and not get into this situation and got into it.

For many reasons, not just one person. But it's frustrating. Especially seeing the 49ers were in cap hell and have made several moves. But like you, maybe? Said or shown, the amount of dead cap is sickening and a mismanagement of cap of sorts.

Pastoors and Demoff fumbled something.

It's going to be what it's going to be, I'm dramatically over the top and knee jerk reacting all the time. I do my best not too, but it's just how it is sometime.

But I do "think" there's a bigger plan and for a splash at some point. But just don't see us competing for much next year. A wasted year with Staff, Kupp and AD.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Multiple years? I'd front load it with opt outs. He's been injured a lot, over 30, and isn't the number one receiver that he thinks he is.

Gaines is the guy I'd like them to resign the most.

Psycho_X

Legend
I am actually surprised we've heard nothing about Gaines from anywhere. There's been rumblings about teams having interest in most of our free agents but I've seen no mention of Gaines being looked at by anyone. I saw some rumblings about A'Shawn Robinson being looked at by a couple of teams but think that was mostly rumormill websites. Hoping that means we can retain Gaines for a moderate contract. The secondary FA market should start heating up though so will see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.