OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah let’s piss off all the people who have made the league. Fuck Goodell and these stupid ideas. Put a fucking league over there if you want, it will fail again. Quit taking games away from the real fan base.
I'm taking it with a grain of salt as it's a PFT "report".

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
Cardinals did end up cutting him. I wouldn't mind grabbing him to see what kinda of juice he could give the Fams. Low risk High reward, and young enough to keep for awhile if he pans out

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
If the Rams win against the Steelers do they start thinking about adding an Edge Rusher?
Chase Young
Brian Burns
Carl Lawson
Washington declined Young's 5th year so he seems most likely
Burns playing on a winless team, but he's a good young Edge guy so why trade him? Seems less likely.
Lawson has some juice off the edge and could be had for the lowest price so maybe he makes sense.

Tano

Legend
If the Rams win against the Steelers do they start thinking about adding an Edge Rusher?
Chase Young
Brian Burns
Carl Lawson
Burns playing on a winless team, but he's a good young Edge guy so why trade him? Seems less likely.
Lawson has some juice off the edge and could be had for the lowest price so maybe he makes sense.
I don't even think we need a very good to great edge rusher

I think we just need an above average edge rusher to replace Hoecht

dang

Legend
Chase Young
Brian Burns
Carl Lawson
I guarantee you they are already thinking about it. They likely have a list of Edge players they want to pursue in an order of preference.
I don’t think they will be passive and pick up any ole FA (eg. not resigned/tagged) that becomes available in the off season.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Chase Young
Brian Burns
Carl Lawson
OK, but what would you (if you were the Rams) give-up for Young or Burns?

Both will be unrestricted free agents after this season.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
OK, but what would you (if you were the Rams) give-up for Young or Burns?

Both will be unrestricted free agents after this season.
Doesn't matter what I would give up, what would Snead?
Young would be cheaper than Burns I think. Maybe a 3rd rounder.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Burns can be tagged and the way Washington is playing they might try to keep both Sweat and Young. Sign one, tag the other even
Just my .02, but I think that its more likely that neither is traded, and gun to my head I'd say Burns would be the one traded.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not sure where to put this but Thomas Brown getting his shot in Carolina to be play caller. He deserves the shot... all though probably doesn't deserve to be stuck with Carolina's offense.
I cannot recall a coach who has had more positive vibes in the face of shit results than Thomas Brown. Dude must talk a great game.

It will be interesting to see if he can elevate their attack by making good calls. But I am not even remotely surprised by their 0-6 state and I don't think it has anything to do with Reich's play calling.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I asked if you were the Rams (i.e., Snead, McVay and Demoff, with Kroenke's blessing).

As far as a '3rd rounder', that's most likely not near enough. Young or Burns would almost certainly garner a third round compensatory pick in 2025 for Washington or Carolina.

The point is neither would come that cheap via trade; and, if the Rams could not get an extension done, they may well be forced to use the Franchise Tag, which is never a popular option.

Status
Not open for further replies.