OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Good lord, if we have to play Z.Thomas at LT against the beastly Eagles DL, Stafford is in danger. If one of them can't go, we are in trouble. No other position is going to effect us as much as having Thomas whiffing down after down.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Good lord, if we have to play Z.Thomas at LT against the beastly Eagles DL, Stafford is in danger. If one of them can't go, we are in trouble. No other position is going to effect us as much as having Thomas whiffing down after down.
Well Thomas was not even active on Sunday. McClendon was up, and might be the next option.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Both our LT were a did not practice, sounds like the both need to heal. We have a healing race to see who actually gets healthy first and can stay health?

Officially launching the 2024 1st round LT campaign today.
I'm hoping AJax can go or Boom. If both are able to play though, please keep Boom as the backup, leave Dotson at RG. The 1st round LT is tough, don't know where we pick or who will be available. I'd rather take best available player than reaching for need.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe Mcvay said he was hopeful that AJ will start this weekend. All we can hope for is that he doesn't re-injure it during the game.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
AJ, according to McVay was held out the last game to error on the side of caution, which the Rams probably did this week by holding AJ from practicing, making sure he’s ready to play Sunday.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yay! This is just what the 49er locker room needs... another loser like that DT they drafted a few years ago.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Absolutely.

There are no guarantees that Kupp, Nacua or Atwell will stay healthy.
Van is solid depth.
I'd rather see Skow, Robinson, and call up Tyler Johnson from the practice. We have enough depth to let VJ go if we get a good pick. VJ is sadly not having much of an impact in the passing game.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
That’s a great question. That’s why I don’t consider trading VJ at all because you just don’t know. I suspect the Rams would at least want to wait a few games.
…unless VJ walks into the office and asks to be traded. The Rams have demonstrated lately that they are willing to accommodate players who have served them well. This is a class outfit.
How dare you add logic to the equation! Now jump off your perch

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd rather see Skow, Robinson, and call up Tyler Johnson from the practice. We have enough depth to let VJ go if we get a good pick. VJ is sadly not having much of an impact in the passing game.
So how is it that people who shit on Van say he needs to be benched as our #6 or #7 WR think we're going to "get a good pick" for him? I'm trying to connect the dots on this logic.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
OS gets another lesson in futility.

This Is Fine GIF

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
So how is it that people who shit on Van say he needs to be benched as our #6 or #7 WR think we're going to "get a good pick" for him? I'm trying to connect the dots on this logic.
I wouldn't say it necessarily has to happen. If we get a decent offer from a desperate team, then yes we should consider it. If not, I'm sure they'll keep him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't say it necessarily has to happen. If we get a decent offer from a desperate team, then yes we should consider it. If not, I'm sure they'll keep him.
Not what I asked but that's fine :)

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Not what I asked but that's fine :)
Well about the benching part, I don't remember ever saying that but my guess would be that it only takes one team to think they can get more out of VJ even if he is benched. Can they? Who knows. Chances are we'll get a 6th or 7th at best. Also have to consider that pick will be for next year vs a comp pick being the year after that if we even get one. He's just not doing a whole lot for us so far this year.

dang

Legend
Well about the benching part, I don't remember ever saying that but my guess would be that it only takes one team to think they can get more out of VJ even if he is benched. Can they? Who knows. Chances are we'll get a 6th or 7th at best. Also have to consider that pick will be for next year vs a comp pick being the year after that if we even get one. He's just not doing a whole lot for us so far this year.
4 games into the season and we’re talking about trading our WR3/4? WR1A is just coming off an injury. (surprise) WR1B plays extremely physical. It’s a long season and we’ll need Jefferson along the way for situational play and depth. Let’s talk about adding an Edge instead.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
4 games into the season and we’re talking about trading our WR3/4? WR1A is just coming off an injury. (surprise) WR1B plays extremely physical. It’s a long season and we’ll need Jefferson along the way for situational play and depth. Let’s talk about adding an Edge instead.
We could use any pick obtained from trading VJ to trade for an edge as well. I'm not necessarily in the camp of let's trade him now, but I understand it since I've said VJ is JAG and nothing special. Chances are VJ leaves in FA after this year so that has to be taken into consideration if any teams approach the Rams with a trade offer.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I don’t think Jefferson has much trade value. However, I don’t think he’s played well. I do think his snaps could be reduced if Kupp, Nacua and Atwell can all stay healthy (that’s a huge IF).

Also not sure the Rams would even get a 2025 Comp pick if Jefferson leaves via free agency because the Rams might be active enough that the net impact of free agency may prevent any 2025 Comp picks.

The one team that does stand out to me is the Panthers because of a few reasons. One is their WR coach. Another is the importance of helping their rookie, 1st overall pick have a good first year; and, a veteran receiver could help Bryce Young. Another reason Carolina is interesting, is that … despite being in a rebuild … there is no incentive to have a high first round in 2024. The Panthers trader their pick to get Young.

Last edited:

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The writing was on the wall by Week 2 for Vj. Stafford doesn't look his way, there is a reason for that. Confidence in him, lack of performance/effort and reliability of the other WRs & Higbee on the field.

There is limited opportunity to recover assets when the writing is on the wall. The Rams should trade VJ for their sake and his.

Right not there isn't much of a difference between VJ and Robinson relating to production from a 4th WR IMO. (Yes I know Robinson has zero catches this season, VJ has as many as @CGI_Ram over his Canadian Football Career)

Status
Not open for further replies.