OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah pass on Gregory too. Hasn't really done anything in years and always thought he was a bit over rated like Cowboy players often are... plus he is ALWAYS injured or suspended lol. And mental midget thing as well. Pass.

Rams are really talking up Ochaun Mathis this week so seems like they are pinning their hopes on him at the moment for more pass rush.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tempting to get Hoecht off the field more.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yeah... I get it.

Sigh.. I'm just DESPERATE for improvement in the pass rush.

Really hoping Mathis has something I didn't see coming.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quick read of broncos stuff says he's not worth a roster spot which puts him even with Hoschton :laugh4:

Injury last year they say ruined him he's done

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

The Office No GIF

I'd rather bring back Clay Matthews out of retirement. Randy Gregory has failed drug tests and has been an overall lazy, character-lacking bum his entire career.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If the Rams do bring him in, I’ll trust their due diligence

They’ve been pretty damn good finding treasure in other team’s trash

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
According to Spotrac AND Over-the-Cap, JC Jackson will represent $31M of Dead-$ to the Chargers over the next two seasons.

The breakdown is a little different, with Spotrac having the Dead-$ as $11.5M in 2023 and $19M in 2024.
OTC has it at $9.5M in 2023 and $21M in 2024.

THAT'S a Really Bad Contract. I mean shockingly, brutally, painfully ... BAD.

For the tons of Dead-$ the Rams have taken, and are taking, for Gurley, Goff, Floyd and Ramsey, the Rams got production, wins, playoff appearances, post-season wins, Super Bowl appearances and a Lombardi Trophy.

JC Jackson played one full season with the Chargers, (by accounts, played poorly) and, although the Chargers went to the playoffs, they blew a late-first-half-lead of 27-0.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
According to Spotrac AND Over-the-Cap, JC Jackson will represent $31M of Dead-$ to the Chargers over the next two seasons.

The breakdown is a little different, with Spotrac having the Dead-$ as $11.5M in 2023 and $19M in 2024.
OTC has it at $9.5M in 2023 and $21M in 2024.

THAT'S a Really Bad Contract. I mean shockingly, brutally, painfully ... BAD.

For the tons of Dead-$ the Rams have taken, and are taking, for Gurley, Goff, Floyd and Ramsey, the Rams got production, wins, playoff appearances, post-season wins, Super Bowl appearances and a Lombardi Trophy.

JC Jackson played one full season with the Chargers, (by accounts, played poorly) and, although the Chargers went to the playoffs, they blew a late-first-half-lead of 27-0.
The San Diego curse is real

That and Spanos deserves all the losing they can accumulate and more.

Psycho_X

Legend
Jefferson has been ok'ish and will get a second contract from someone out there in the offseason. So we're likely to already get a 6th or 7th round comp pick from that happening. So not sure I see benefit in trading him for the same thing. He's cheap depth and while I know he hasn't lived up to our expectations he's our 4th best WR. So see more value in keeping him in case this team ends up making a hard playoff push. Or course, if someone offered us some stupid trade for him I'm game but that won't happen.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Jefferson has been ok'ish and will get a second contract from someone out there in the offseason. So we're likely to already get a 6th or 7th round comp pick from that happening. So not sure I see benefit in trading him for the same thing. He's cheap depth and while I know he hasn't lived up to our expectations he's our 4th best WR. So see more value in keeping him in case this team ends up making a hard playoff push. Or course, if someone offered us some stupid trade for him I'm game but that won't happen.
One difference would be the year of the draft choice.

Any compensatory pick the Rams might get for Jefferson leaving as a 2024 free agent, would be in 2025. However, through a trade, the acquired pick would probably be in 2024.

Also, comp picks only begin at the end of a round. So, for example. a 6th round pick from Carolina via trade, could be in the top 5-10 picks of round six (in 2024). By comparison, a sixth round compensatory pick could be 25-35 picks later than a high sixth rounder ... and it would be a year later.

I don't know how much value Jefferson offers right now. I think he has been a huge disappointment these past four weeks. Has made about one good play per game but that's just not enough. That being said, I think Skowronek is very limited; and I have concerns about Kupp. Nacua and Atwell all staying healthy.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
if the Rams see no future with VJ, he could be had with a future 6th round pick. It’s better they unload and get something from him now as the Rams will be opening their wallets in FA and will not be receiving compensatory picks as they go all in for a SB in 2025.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I want the depth. When we beat the Eagles, I want us to have the depth because we’re going to the playoffs!!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
VJ has also seen the most Snaps at WR this year and still has only gotten 15 targets.
He’ll be lucky to get a 1 year prove it deal next year at this point. If they can get anything for him, they should.

swmizzou83

Starter
VJ has also seen the most Snaps at WR this year and still has only gotten 15 targets.
He’ll be lucky to get a 1 year prove it deal next year at this point. If they can get anything for him, they should.
And with Kupp coming back that's going to get even worse. How does he even see the field with Kupp, Puka and Tutu out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.