OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This will be a fascinating market development to watch unfold.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I can't wait to see which team will MoRtGaGe tHeIr FuTuRe for Jonathan Taylor Thomas.

jonathan taylor thomas 90s GIF by absurdnoise

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He should get a McCaffrey type deal. Easily.
I dont know about that.
He did have some ankle injuries last year, not sure I'd be up for extending him until I see how '23 goes first.
The scary thing about Taylor is how much use he got in college. 300+ carries per year for 3 years is a lot.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I dont know about that.
He did have some ankle injuries last year, not sure I'd be up for extending him until I see how '23 goes first.
The scary thing about Taylor is how much use he got in college. 300+ carries per year for 3 years is a lot.
McCaffrey is far more of an injury risk imo.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I dont know about that.
Yeah and I knocked him for that when he came out. And then continued to kick ass in the NFL. I'm a big fan of the kid. This is a legit chance for some team to make themselves a lot better, which I expect will drive competing bids so they won't be able to take advantage of Irsay. I'll be surprised if they don't get a first rounder or equivalent value.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah and I knocked him for that when he came out. And then continued to kick ass in the NFL. I'm a big fan of the kid. This is a legit chance for some team to make themselves a lot better, which I expect will drive competing bids so they won't be able to take advantage of Irsay. I'll be surprised if they don't get a first rounder or equivalent value.
I think the big sticking point will be if Taylor wants the team trading for him to agree not to franchise tag him

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Akers and 2025 first round pick for Jonathan Taylor. Then we use our high 2024 pick on Brock Bowers.

...I can dream, right?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Taylor is a stud. Not sure the Rams make a move like this now, though.

Damn. One can dream.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When he was traded to Frisco?
I believe he was.
I think he's saying he's more of a risk now that he plays for the Junior Rat. Who not only gets great things out of running backs but also gets them all hurt.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
He signed the huge contract with Carolina, San Fran picked up the back end of the deal
We’re talking about the trade compensation for McCaffery, compared to Taylor.

49rs traded 2,3,4 and 5th rnd picks, to acquire a player that only played in 16 total games the previous 3 seasons.
They also picked up the back end of his contract, which averaged around 12 mill a year, I believe.

That’s a ton, for a guy that hasn’t played 16 games in a season since 2019.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We’re talking about the trade compensation for McCaffery, compared to Taylor.

49rs traded 2,3,4 and 5th rnd picks, to acquire a player that only played in 16 total games the previous 3 seasons.
They also picked up the back end of his contract, which averaged around 12 mill a year, I believe.

That’s a ton, for a guy that hasn’t played 16 games in a season since 2019.
The thing that will drive Taylors value down is you have to pay him too. The cap hits the Niners took on for CMC

2022 $690k
2023 $3.42 million
2024 $14.14 million
2025 $14.34 million

I doubt a team signing Taylor is going to get off so cheaply over 4 years. If you have to pay the man you're likely giving up less for him.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The thing that will drive Taylors value down is you have to pay him too. The cap hits the Niners took on for CMC

2022 $690k
2023 $3.42 million
2024 $14.14 million
2025 $14.34 million

I doubt a team signing Taylor is going to get off so cheaply over 4 years. If you have to pay the man you're likely giving up less for him.
The 9rs restructures his deal, yes.
We all know that bill for MCCaffrey will be due eventually.
Even without the monetary commitment, the picks they gave Carolina were extensive.

Someone will step up for Taylor. He’s one guy that will get paid and deservedly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.