OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Imma just gonna leave this here:

Jonathan Taylor receiving yards:

2020 36 for 299
2021 40 for 360
2022 28 for 143

McCaffrey is a Marshal Faulk type weapon. JT for even as good as he is as a RB... is not.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The 9rs restructures his deal, yes.
We all know that bill for MCCaffrey will be due eventually.
Even without the monetary commitment, the picks they gave Carolina were extensive.

Someone will step up for Taylor. He’s one guy that will get paid and deservedly so.
He might well get paid, not sure he gets what CMC got though. He might well get a 1st round pick, I doubt it thought.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
I don't see the Rams getting involved in the JT bidding. I could see teams like the Bears taking a shot though

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m curious to see how this one plays out
I think people and I think you've said this too are guessing he'll get a McCaffery type trade. IMO you had two division rivals, allegedly we were involved, bidding against each other and Rat was desperate and that drove up the value of the picks given up. I don't see two division rivals out there right now that would do the same thing. Do you? I'm curious really where the competition comes from in this case.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Was thinking them, maybe Bengals. Of course the Colts would prefer to send him to NFC, but not sure anyone in the NFC makes sense in terms of a contender needing help now.

Detroit? Of course they have Gibbs, but they would be a heck of a 1-2 pinch for a yr, but doesn't Taylor want an extension or is he now willing to wait until FA?

Maybe the Bears would give him a big contract? Sell him on a longterm future with Fields.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When he was traded to Frisco?
I believe he was.
There's all sorts of mixing thoughts here.
I entered the conversation at he would get a McCaffrey deal. I was talking about the contract not the price San Fran paid for him.
At the time CMC signed his big $$ deal, he wasnt injury prone, he hadnt missed a game.
Cant say the same for Taylor
As for what the 9ers paid for him, it wasnt close to this situation, they could have walked away after the season, and even when they didnt, Carolina had already done all the heavy lifting. Taylor you have to pay for and then sign him.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Just like it did for Leveon Bell I am guessing
It might be different. When Bell sat out he was 26 and he never recovered. 91.3 yards per game prior and 35.8 ypg afterwards. Taylor is just 24 and has averaged 89.3 ypg. RB years are like dog years. 2 years is a huge difference. JMHO.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think people and I think you've said this too are guessing he'll get a McCaffery type trade. IMO you had two division rivals, allegedly we were involved, bidding against each other and Rat was desperate and that drove up the value of the picks given up. I don't see two division rivals out there right now that would do the same thing. Do you? I'm curious really where the competition comes from in this case.
That was a deadline trade too, teams typically overpay in those situations

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just like it did for Leveon Bell I am guessing
He's got 2 more years to go before he's in that category. Bell at least finished out his contract AND played a year on the franchise tag

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It doesn’t have to be division rivals.
This could realistically come down to the Bears and Dolphins.
I’m sure both teams would love to give their young QBs a great run game.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
There's all sorts of mixing thoughts here.
I entered the conversation at he would get a McCaffrey deal. I was talking about the contract not the price San Fran paid for him.
At the time CMC signed his big $$ deal, he wasnt injury prone, he hadnt missed a game.
Cant say the same for Taylor
As for what the 9ers paid for him, it wasnt close to this situation, they could have walked away after the season, and even when they didnt, Carolina had already done all the heavy lifting. Taylor you have to pay for and then sign him.
Has it been disclosed what Taylor is asking for?

WestCoastRam

Legend
Has it been disclosed what Taylor is asking for?

Nope... but I saw somewhere where someone suggested that he could just accept the trade on his current contract out of spite since most teams don't seem to want to rush to sign him to a new contract.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope... but I saw somewhere where someone suggested that he could just accept the trade on his current contract out of spite since most teams don't seem to want to rush to sign him to a new contract.
And any team trading significant draft capital for him without an extension is a terrible franchise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.