OFFICIAL 2023 NFL Arrests/Lawsuits/Legal Stuff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

According to a document filed in Dakota County District Court, free agent RB Dalvin Cook offered his accuser in an abuse case $1 million to clear him of any wrongdoing.

The allegations against Cook are abhorrent, to say the least. In an article published by the Star Tribune, Rochelle Olson writes, “Cragg’s latest filing also describes Trimble’s sworn allegations against Cook, saying that after he threw her over a couch and into a coffee table, her forehead and nose gushed blood. When she went upstairs to wash off the blood, Cook followed her, threw her down, pinned her, punched and choked her then grabbed his rifle, pointed it at her head and yelled death threats, the filing said.” Cook reportedly had knowledge of his lawyers offering the victim $800,000 in exchange for “a sworn affidavit exonerating him of any wrongdoing,” and then increased his offer to $1 million after the initial offer wasn’t accepted. A lawsuit for physical and emotional abuse was filed against Cook in November 2021 and is still pending at this time. Cook, who remains a free agent, is scheduled for trial in a Dakota County Court next year.

3h ago
Source: The Star Tribune

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG

According to a document filed in Dakota County District Court, free agent RB Dalvin Cook offered his accuser in an abuse case $1 million to clear him of any wrongdoing.

The allegations against Cook are abhorrent, to say the least. In an article published by the Star Tribune, Rochelle Olson writes, “Cragg’s latest filing also describes Trimble’s sworn allegations against Cook, saying that after he threw her over a couch and into a coffee table, her forehead and nose gushed blood. When she went upstairs to wash off the blood, Cook followed her, threw her down, pinned her, punched and choked her then grabbed his rifle, pointed it at her head and yelled death threats, the filing said.” Cook reportedly had knowledge of his lawyers offering the victim $800,000 in exchange for “a sworn affidavit exonerating him of any wrongdoing,” and then increased his offer to $1 million after the initial offer wasn’t accepted. A lawsuit for physical and emotional abuse was filed against Cook in November 2021 and is still pending at this time. Cook, who remains a free agent, is scheduled for trial in a Dakota County Court next year.

3h ago
Source: The Star Tribune

Most folks would do many things for $1 Million... but compromising their principles is probably pretty low on the list. :thinking:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If that $1M comes with a clean break from him I have to think it would be very attractive to a lot of girlfriends. That's enough for a real nice fresh start.

That said I hope she takes his thug ass to the cleaners, but it's pretty hard to get money from dumbfucks especially if he pisses all of it away by the time the courts have done their thing. But dragging his name through the mud is a nice benefit too I guess and something he deserves.

Psycho_X

Legend

Apparently video of him getting pulled over. Who the F pulls over in the fast lane? Not even on the shoulder to the left of fast lane which is stupid too but actually full stops in the fast lane? He's lucky he didn't hit someone going 140 and lucky no one hit them stopped in the fast lane. And he got out of the vehicle and approached them after stopping. A whole lot of stupid going on in this video.

View: https://twitter.com/NFLRookieWatxh/status/1682461127899336708?s=20

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No Perrion Winfrey (the DT who just got released from the Browns)? That guy's a world class scumbag.

Psycho_X

Legend
Apparently video of him getting pulled over. Who the F pulls over in the fast lane? Not even on the shoulder to the left of fast lane which is stupid too but actually full stops in the fast lane? He's lucky he didn't hit someone going 140 and lucky no one hit them stopped in the fast lane. And he got out of the vehicle and approached them after stopping. A whole lot of stupid going on in this video.

View: https://twitter.com/NFLRookieWatxh/status/1682461127899336708?s=20

Apparently he was seeking help for his dog. I get that, still needs to slow the roll down but I get it if that's what was happening. Would explain why he jumped out of vehicle to talk to officer too. I hope his dog was ok. Still made some bad choices there but sometimes emergencies make people do stupid things so can't blame the guy.

View: https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1683534515065503746?s=20

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Apparently he was seeking help for his dog. I get that, still needs to slow the roll down but I get it if that's what was happening. Would explain why he jumped out of vehicle to talk to officer too. I hope his dog was ok. Still made some bad choices there but sometimes emergencies make people do stupid things so can't blame the guy.

Still no reason to put peoples lives in danger. I'm as much of a pet guy as anybody but this is no excuse.

Tano

Legend
Still no reason to put peoples lives in danger. I'm as much of a pet guy as anybody but this is no excuse.
I would probably drive over the speed limit but only at a speed that I considered safe to me

I don't care who you are - 140 mph is not safe period

Judge Doom

Margot Robbie's Future Love Slave
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love my dog as much as the next person...but doesn't mean gonna endanger my own life and stranger's lives just to save them either. He could have went way less than 140 and still got to the vet in record time.

Psycho_X

Legend
Guess I should clarify that yes he was still being stupid but is a little better than being drunk or drag racing or something. I can at least understand the motivation now even if it was a mistake.

Judge Doom

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guess I should clarify that yes he was still being stupid but is a little better than being drunk or drag racing or something. I can at least understand the motivation now even if it was a mistake.
Well yeah better than driving drunk or something similar. But again though, really needs to have more common sense. I've had medical emergencies with some of my animals before, but never even came close to 140mph getting them help.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Well.. I always take my dog, when I drag race. Insurance.... :eyeroll:

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.

No excuse for going 85 miles over the speed limit. He should be charged with felony wreck less driving at minimum and have his license revoked. Let him Uber or public transit for a couple of years until he understands how dangerous his little stunt was. He’s fortunate he didn’t kill someone. It’s an isolated incident but definitely not a good start to his NFL career. Unfortunately these guys get a lot of money up front and go out and buy vehicles that they have no clue how to drive. A lot like the Raiders guy that was driving at a high speed and killed a young woman and her dog was just coming home from work. No alcohol involved but it doesn’t change the severity of the infraction. Average Joe gets popped for driving 85 miles per hour over the speed limit and they get a ride to jail.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Well yeah better than driving drunk or something similar. But again though, really needs to have more common sense. I've had medical emergencies with some of my animals before, but never even came close to 140mph getting them help.
I used to hit 140 on my daily drive home from work. I needed a drink so bad and couldnt get home quick enough and I couldnt afford to have a drink before I got home, I wouldnt make it home if I tried. Its a miracle I survived my youth and didnt kill anyone that I know of. There was the one guy that tried to take my keys, I will never forget the sound of his head hitting the concrete.

Judge Doom

Rams On Demand Sponsor
I used to hit 140 on my daily drive home from work. I needed a drink so bad and couldnt get home quick enough and I couldnt afford to have a drink before I got home, I wouldnt make it home if I tried. Its a miracle I survived my youth and didnt kill anyone that I know of. There was the one guy that tried to take my keys, I will never forget the sound of his head hitting the concrete.
Lies No GIF

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
Not exactly something I would boast about. Guy trying to save your ass and you try to kill him. You’re lucky you’re not doing time.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Not exactly something I would boast about. Guy trying to save your ass and you try to kill him. You’re lucky you’re not doing time.
He wasn't trying to save me, he was trying to car jack me at a liquor store. It was just instinct to throw a punch, and I caught him good.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, Deshaun Watson is clearly not remorseful for anything he did.

Deshaun Watson Article.

Add in Perrion Winfrey, and it's pretty obvious that Cleveland doesn't value character in their players. What an absolute travesty of an organization.

Perrion Winfrey Article