OFFICIAL 2023 NFL Arrests/Lawsuits/Legal Stuff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG

Wow... I worked at some hi-tech companies that were a bit lax on oversight... and I've worked for a large utility company. These were companies with vastly different outlooks about employee trust and the justification of and filing of, expenses.

But in neither case, nothing like not noticing $22 Million missing and attributed to one person.

I never thought about it, but I suppose each of these 32 teams are somewhat independent businesses.... but that is horrendous... :wow2:

Psycho_X

Legend
Wow... I worked at some hi-tech companies that were a bit lax on oversight... and I've worked for a large utility company. These were companies with vastly different outlooks about employee trust and the justification of and filing of, expenses.

But in neither case, nothing like not noticing $22 Million missing and attributed to one person.

I never thought about it, but I suppose each of these 32 teams are somewhat independent businesses.... but that is horrendous... :wow2:
As an accountant I about choked on my coffee when I read the amount and over how many years lol. It's not very hard to steal money from companies but any company with decent financial controls is going to find out about it after a while. Might take a year or two to notice the discrepancies but it's going to happen. Especially for that amount. Unfortunately for most people who don't have control to not steal from others their greed/stupidity almost always drives them to push for more and never be satisfied with the original crime. Which just makes the crime more obvious.

How it took 5 years for someone to notice $22 million is a bit absurd unless they had several complex audits going at once for multiple years that delayed the final investigation. Either way, guy is an idiot going after that much and not thinking he'd get caught eventually.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Remember this the next time you hear some person has filed a civil suit against someone who has plenty of money.

Where does he go to to get his reputation — let alone his NFL career — back?
"The day you file a lawsuit, you don't have to prove anything,” Araiza said. “Sometimes you don't have to prove anything for years. So this idea society has that the second somebody files a lawsuit, it's completely true and we must take action based on what's alleged, I disagree with it.
“And I think professional sports teams, as well as college teams, should have the backbone to say, ‘Look, we take these allegations seriously, but until something is proven, we can't cut our guy. We can't push somebody out who's worked their whole life to be here,’” he continued. “I think that's what I would like to see moving forward.”

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That dude's ass is gonna look like the chest cavity of a Thanksgiving turkey after about six months in the pen.
barack obama tds throwback GIF

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Panther's owner throwing his drink at a Jags fans. The league us aware of the incident, no comment at this time.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend

Remember this the next time you hear some person has filed a civil suit against someone who has plenty of money.

Where does he go to to get his reputation — let alone his NFL career — back?
"The day you file a lawsuit, you don't have to prove anything,” Araiza said. “Sometimes you don't have to prove anything for years. So this idea society has that the second somebody files a lawsuit, it's completely true and we must take action based on what's alleged, I disagree with it.
“And I think professional sports teams, as well as college teams, should have the backbone to say, ‘Look, we take these allegations seriously, but until something is proven, we can't cut our guy. We can't push somebody out who's worked their whole life to be here,’” he continued. “I think that's what I would like to see moving forward.”
He and Bauer should get together to petition that Lawsuits must be proven before losing jobs.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The real punishment for Tepper is everyone seeing what a fucking douchebag he is. That's really bad form for an owner. They're not supposed to lower themselves to the serfs.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The real punishment for Tepper is everyone seeing what a fucking douchebag he is. That's really bad form for an owner. They're not supposed to lower themselves to the serfs.
Dan Snyder is wondering why it took Pepper to act like a D-bag