OFFICIAL 2023 Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah I'm starting to think Tuli & Hall are two big targets for us. Ojulari undoubtedly is too, but his ability to get pressures means he's more likely off the board. Tuli & Hall are both physical (strong side) types who should be on the board and available when we pick.

And honestly I love Tuli. He's my guy on defense just absolutely love his tape. The guy is big as shit but he's catlike. Really tough to move up front no matter where he is playing. The kind of player we need more of to shut down that shitter run game. Here's one of his games:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek5WQZ2nvMg

Tuli has grown on me.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm sure they're hoping for a blindside type. But the nice thing about him is you know you're getting a player. He's gonna be good in the NFL, just a question of where he lines up for the most part.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would be looking for a player that could do both set the edge and rush the passer. Hall seems like a good start.

Why did Ojulari only have 5.5 sacks in 11 games in 2022?
Hall didn't impress me as a pass rusher. Ojulari had one of the highest pressure rates in college football.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Levis going at 2 would not even remotely surprise me. Upside is there. He knows the WCO terminology which is prevalent around the league plus the toughest of the three major systems. Really terminology is the chief difference in today's schemes, as they all mirror and copy each other's plays. It's not like you can look at an offense any more and say "there's a WCO approach" as getting the ball quickly in step to weapons in the pass game is modern offense.

Stroud falling would be stupid too. The guy is enormously talented just like Levis. Both those guys have way more raw talent for the position than Young. And Richardson is simply muddying the water from the media side. He's not in the class of either of those two in terms of his film. The guy is raw as fuck.

Coen went out of his way to observe the relative lack of playing experience you have with Levis. And he correctly draws parallels with him and Josh Allen. Basically Levis is Richardson with two years of seasoning in a real NFL offense. Richardson is of course a rare run threat, but Levis is a stud running the ball too. Levis is an athlete himself.

Stroud honestly reminds me a lot of Goff. Probably a bit of an introvert, a reflective type guy but immensely talented with all the tools. He's just a question of give-a-fuck IMO. How hard will he work. Which honestly is all these guys at the top. Young is the one guy who I'd have no doubts about on the mental side, but he's so limited physically it would concern me. And that's admitting that since I've been looking hard at him he's grown on me quite a bit. I just don't like little QBs. Never have, never will.
I'd take Richardson over Levis, knowing all of Richardson's warts. Levis lacks QB instincts.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did I strike a nerve or something? You seem offended. Hall looks like he can do both, set the edge and rush the passer. Maybe he isn’t Olijari when it comes to pass rush but he’s not Hoecht. If Olujari is so good then what makes you think he could last until 36? It seems it is more realistic for Hall to still be on the board.

I watched the Niners abuse the Rams weakness’s at LBer for a few years. I’d rather see that shored up.
No nerve struck generally curious. You said you don't like Ojulari vs the run which is fine anybody who's talked about him said the same. He shows effort there which is better than a lot of people who aren't good vs the run at that position. He's got all the moves as a pass rusher. Is he better than what we have? Hall is lesser of a pass rusher and likely a little better as a run defender. I just don't get not wanting a pass rusher like Ojulari because you're worried about run defense when we have who we have slated to start at Edge.

Von Miller, TJ Watt and Maxx Crosby all had issues coming out vs the run. Now I'm in no way saying Ojulari is those guys but to write off a pass rusher because you don't like him vs the run just baffles me especially when we so desperately need pass rush.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Smith's analysis of Flowers makes me think he might be our target at 36.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
No nerve struck generally curious. You said you don't like Ojulari vs the run which is fine anybody who's talked about him said the same. He shows effort there which is better than a lot of people who aren't good vs the run at that position. He's got all the moves as a pass rusher. Is he better than what we have? Hall is lesser of a pass rusher and likely a little better as a run defender. I just don't get not wanting a pass rusher like Ojulari because you're worried about run defense when we have who we have slated to start at Edge.

Von Miller, TJ Watt and Maxx Crosby all had issues coming out vs the run. Now I'm in no way saying Ojulari is those guys but to write off a pass rusher because you don't like him vs the run just baffles me especially when we so desperately need pass rush.
we need both, is what I mean. Not a guy that can only excel at one. Aside from Avon Miller I can’t remember the last edge defender that the Rams had that was solid at both pass and run.

Is it critical to have a stud pass usher when you have AD inside drawing so much attention? I know Floyd was an early pick, but he was solid at both. I think he fit the scheme too. With FloydGaines and Donald on the line, they got enough pressure. The most glaring hole over left tackle seemed to be in stopping the run on that side.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Flowers is on the board yeah there will be no stopping McVay.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is it critical to have a stud pass usher when you have AD inside drawing so much attention?
Was our pass rush good last year even with AD was healthy? I think that answers the question on whether we need one. Add to that we did in fact add Von two years ago. We tried to add Burns last year. We have added an edge just about every offseason or trade deadline since McVay has arrived. Perhaps this year he's going to draft one that will be around a while since we all know AD won't be around forever.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He seems like a lock to be the 2nd WR off the board from what I've read or heard.
Flowers the #2 WR drafted? I doubt that I'd say there are 4 likely to go ahead of him but again we just don't know what teams like. Njigba Hyatt and Johnston all seem 1st round locks with Flowers and Addison possible 1st rounders maybe 2nd rounders depending on a team falling in love with them. I like Flowers and Addison better than those other 3 other than Njigba as well.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah I'm starting to think Tuli & Hall are two big targets for us. Ojulari undoubtedly is too, but his ability to get pressures means he's more likely off the board. Tuli & Hall are both physical (strong side) types who should be on the board and available when we pick.

And honestly I love Tuli. He's my guy on defense just absolutely love his tape. The guy is big as shit but he's catlike. Really tough to move up front no matter where he is playing. The kind of player we need more of to shut down that shitter run game. Here's one of his games:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek5WQZ2nvMg

I'm fine with Tuli as the pick (even though I'd prefer FAU, even at 36), but this game made me love Dalton Kincaid (who will likely go first round) much more than Tuli, who was very much ineffective. He only got pressures on stunts and didn't really have much of a plan on passing downs, it seemed like. He had a couple of stops, but nothing that you'd spend a second round pick on.

Maybe you have a different game to show? I get that USC is a monster of an opponent, but still, I wasn't impressed at all.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe you have a different game to show? I get that USC is a monster of an opponent, but still, I wasn't impressed at all.
Didn't cherry pick the game, just linked one. For myself I notice his instincts on that drop he made. It was quick and easy to miss. Or his beating of some doubles. The way he doesn't get knocked back or give ground in his edge setting.

He's a strong side type and for us would be moved around, so not a pure blindside type. He may even end up playing some 5T or backing up interior roles in odd fronts we use. Just a big, physical, versatile rusher. Type of guy we're gonna need in division I think.

Here's a highlight reel:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD_TD7m0jn4

Last edited:

Memento

Name
Jemma
Didn't cherry pick the game, just linked one. For myself I notice his instincts on that drop he made. It was quick and easy to miss. Or his beating of some doubles. The way he doesn't get knocked back or give ground in his edge setting.

He's a strong side type and for us would be moved around, so not a pure blindside type. He may even end up playing some 5T or backing up interior roles in odd fronts we use. Just a big, physical, versatile rusher. Type of guy we're gonna need in division I think.

Fair enough. I just noticed missed tackles from him on running plays, and while the instincts on that drop were noticeable and impressive, he was seemingly stymied on most pass rush attempts, looking like he didn't have a plan to defeat his blocker (and there were times where one blocker stymied him, so it wasn't just double-teams). Didn't look like a second round pick to me, but still, USC was great last year.

For my money, I'd pick FAU, although, again, I'd be fine with Tuli with a third round pick, if we end up with a highly-rated corner falling into our laps from the first round.

Memento

Name
Jemma
But yeah, Kincaid honestly impressed me. Constantly open, soft hands, YAC threat. I doubt he falls out of the first round, same as Mayer, and if he does, McVay could very well take him with #36.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Didn't look like a second round pick to me, but still, USC was great last year.
So hard to tell the SC Defense was pathetic even though they had their share of blue-chippers
But yeah, Kincaid honestly impressed me. Constantly open, soft hands, YAC threat
Watched Kincaid a few times he mas a constant mismatch that gets open and catches everything

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is a reason Kincaid is a first round slam dunk. Unless that neck injury has questions.

Memento

Name
Jemma
There is a reason Kincaid is a first round slam dunk. Unless that neck injury has questions.

True, although if it drops him far enough, I could see Snead trading up to go after him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Was our pass rush good last year even with AD was healthy? I think that answers the question on whether we need one. Add to that we did in fact add Von two years ago. We tried to add Burns last year. We have added an edge just about every offseason or trade deadline since McVay has arrived. Perhaps this year he's going to draft one that will be around a while since we all know AD won't be around forever.
Miller was better at setting the edge than he was at rushing the passer. He locked his side down