OFFICIAL 2023 Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Is the S2 score rumor even true?

S2 Cognition Test Founder: Several Leaked Scores ‘Not True’​

During an appearance on a ProFootballFocus podcast earlier today, S2 Cognition founder Brandon Ally revealed that he's aware of the leaks - but urged fans to take them "with a grain of salt."

"We're obviously aware of scores being leaked, and we're not sure where that's coming from," Ally said.

"But I will say to take some of those with a grain of salt. We have seen, 'Hey, so and so scored the highest in the class or the highest ever' and 'So and so scored low,' and it's like, that's not true."

View: https://twitter.com/Landon3MR/status/1649416137971576836?s=20

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Memphis Ram

Legend
Is there a database of scores from past classes? I know people are putting stock in this, but I'd be interested in seeing how predictive it is before I determine how much stock to put in it.
Not that I know of, but I've heard on a couple podcasts that not everyone who scored high did well in the league, but that everyone who has scored low has not done well.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So just a little exercise without trades but lets see how the picks could go before us at 36.

Carolina Young QB -obvious
Houston - Will Anderson (possibly Carter as well) They're rumored to not want Stroud
Arizona - Carter (or Anderson if above switches)
Colts - Stroud
Seahawks - Wilson Edge Not going QB here with them though that's a possiblity
Lions Christian Gonzalez CB It's a huge need and him paired with an edge at their next pick is better IMO than an Edge here and one of the CB's they could get later
Raiders Skoronski OT As much as I dislike giving them a good player this makes too much sense
Falcons Witherspoon CB A QB is a possibility here but CB is as big of a need for them and Witherspoon is good
Bears Johnson OT They might have preferred local boy Skoronski but this is a good consolation and they could always be flipped but think both these teams are the early OT targets
Eagles Bijan Robinson RB The NFC Champs can afford to go with a luxury pick here. They don't need to give him a ton of carries with their RB room and have a later 1st round pick still.
Titans Broderick Jones OT Their OL is a mess and they could go QB
Texans Anthony Richardson QB They took one of the best two defenders in the draft and still get a 1st round QB
Jets Quinten Johnston WR Another weapon for Rodgers? Honestly if the board falls like this I think they trade down as they don't really need this player though this cold also be where a TE goes off the board
Pats Jaxson Smith-Njigba WR Do they finally get a good WR first one since what Moss?
Packers Joey Porter Jr CB is a huge need though the Edges here may be too good to pass up (almost went Nolan Smith, Van Ness or Murphy here
Commodes Will Levis QB Thankfully for us his fall ends and the shitters grab the QB they think is their future
Steelers Deonte Banks CB Their biggest need perhaps?
Lions Nolan Smith Edge They get the best CB and one of the best Edges. Defense getting legit?
Bucs Darnell Wright OT Their line is a mess though one of those edges could be the target here.
Seahawks Brian Branch S Just not a huge need but a good player fell to their laps and they went Edge with their first pick
Squatters Jordan Addison WR Their great duo can't stay healthy and are just getting older so they add a local boy. One of the edges was a tempting target
Ravens Lukas Van Ness A need and a great player fell this far they scoop him up.
Viking Miles Murphy edge a big need
Jags Michael Meyer TE Not a huge need but another weapon for their star QB
Giants Zay Flowers WR A big need
Cowboys Dalton Kincaid TE though Kancey could be the pick and is as big of a need.
Bills Cyrus O'Torrence IOL is a major need to keep Allen alive
Bengals Jahmyr Gibbs RB With Mixon getting older and honestly just being mediocre they give Burrows another weapon
Saints Calijah Kancey DL A team with a big need on the DL gets one fall to them as they run to the podium.
Eagles Will McDonald after taking the best RB in the draft they have a stud fall to them at the end of the 1st
Chiefs Keion White Edge Higher rated players on the board but Edge is a big need and they get a good one

2nd round
Steelers Bryan Bresee DL likely their biggest need and a good one falls
Texans Emmanuel Forbes CB another big need addressed
CardinalsAdetomiwa Adebawore Edge they really have nobody worth a damn to rush the passer
Colts Anton Harrison OT They need an LT as bad as a QB and get both early

Now we have the Rams on the board and a wide wide array of good players at perceived positions of need (by us fans who always have a different opinion than the Rams)
Hooker who we've met with
A couple good CB in Smith and Ringo
Uzomah, Ojulari, Foskey and Hall all rumored
Darnell Washington would be a wet dream for many
Schmitz would satisfy the rest

Personally I'm going with Ojulari I've made that clear but I could see one of many people as possible. Who would you take? What picks do you change and how falls to us instead? Don't care if all you want to do is say no way player X Y or Z goes earlier or later. Show me what changes because if somebody goes earlier that gives us a different option at 36

Memphis Ram

Legend
So just a little exercise without trades but lets see how the picks could go before us at 36.

Houston - Will Anderson (possibly Carter as well) They're rumored to not want Stroud
Colts - Stroud
Lions Christian Gonzalez CB It's a huge need and him paired with an edge at their next pick is better IMO than an Edge here and one of the CB's they could get later
Raiders Skoronski OT As much as I dislike giving them a good player this makes too much sense
Falcons Witherspoon CB A QB is a possibility here but CB is as big of a need for them and Witherspoon is good
Bears Johnson OT They might have preferred local boy Skoronski but this is a good consolation and they could always be flipped but think both these teams are the early OT targets
Eagles Bijan Robinson RB The NFC Champs can afford to go with a luxury pick here. They don't need to give him a ton of carries with their RB room and have a later 1st round pick still.
Texans Anthony Richardson QB They took one of the best two defenders in the draft and still get a 1st round QB
Jets Quinten Johnston WR Another weapon for Rodgers? Honestly if the board falls like this I think they trade down as they don't really need this player though this cold also be where a TE goes off the board
Pats Jaxson Smith-Njigba WR Do they finally get a good WR first one since what Moss?
Packers Joey Porter Jr CB is a huge need though the Edges here may be too good to pass up (almost went Nolan Smith, Van Ness or Murphy here
Commodes Will Levis QB Thankfully for us his fall ends and the shitters grab the QB they think is their future
Lions Nolan Smith Edge They get the best CB and one of the best Edges. Defense getting legit?
Bucs Darnell Wright OT Their line is a mess though one of those edges could be the target here.
Seahawks Brian Branch S Just not a huge need but a good player fell to their laps and they went Edge with their first pick
Squatters Jordan Addison WR Their great duo can't stay healthy and are just getting older so they add a local boy. One of the edges was a tempting target
Ravens Lukas Van Ness A need and a great player fell this far they scoop him up.
Cowboys Dalton Kincaid TE though Kancey could be the pick and is as big of a need.
Bengals Jahmyr Gibbs RB With Mixon getting older and honestly just being mediocre they give Burrows another weapon
Saints Calijah Kancey DL A team with a big need on the DL gets one fall to them as they run to the podium.
Eagles Will McDonald after taking the best RB in the draft they have a stud fall to them at the end of the 1st
Chiefs Keion White Edge Higher rated players on the board but Edge is a big need and they get a good one

2nd round
CardinalsAdetomiwa Adebawore Edge they really have nobody worth a damn to rush the passer

Now we have the Rams on the board and a wide wide array of good players at perceived positions of need (by us fans who always have a different opinion than the Rams)

Personally I'm going with Ojulari I've made that clear but I could see one of many people as possible. Who would you take? What picks do you change and how falls to us instead? Don't care if all you want to do is say no way player X Y or Z goes earlier or later. Show me what changes because if somebody goes earlier that gives us a different option at 36
Good exercise. I'll keep the same order. Torrence, Gibbs, and McDonald off the board at #36? Damn. I think I'd do everything I could to trade down. But, if I couldn't, I think I'd go with Felix Anudike-Uzoma if he's been cleared medically.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Takes a few years to develop an edge rusher taken out of the first round so the Rams may choose to wait till the 5th round to take any and concentrate on Offensive Weapons, and the Secondary, and maybe the OLine

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Takes a few years to develop an edge rusher taken out of the first round so the Rams may choose to wait till the 5th round to take any and concentrate on Offensive Weapons, and the Secondary, and maybe the OLine
Every position could take a few years to develop when taken out of the first round. Good teams take the best players that also cross a position of need. Edge for a lot of people is and has been our biggest need for a couple of years now. And I don't agree that any of the edges listed above could take years to develop.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
In your scenario, I could see them taking Washington. Think he helps the offense in 2 ways, elite blocking for our run game, and a huge mismatch for Stafford to throw to. Am I a huge Washington guy? No. I would have been praying Forbes made it to us. That dude is a dog, a skinny dog, but a dog nontheless.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Colts - Stroud

2nd round

If they go edge it has to be someone who can rush the passer and is a stud at setting the edge. I know you said that McDonald is gone in round one. I think he’s overrated on the mid board. He is not strong in run support.

That being said, I don’t know which remaining edge guys can play both run/pass well. But facing the Niners makes it an imperative. They abused the Rams by running behind LT Williams and Kittle etc,…

Here’s a little talked about name Jay’ir Brown Safety PSU. I loved his leadership and ball skills in college. He developed fast as a JuCo transfer. He’s very versatile and can be moved all over. He’d fit the Quarters D. I mentioned his leadership. He reminds me of JJ in that way. If he’s not a second round pick, he’s underrated imo. But I doubt the Rams go Safety that early, despite taking one at the end of round two four years ago (Rapp).

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If they go edge it has to be someone who can rush the passer and is a stud at setting the edge. I know you said that McDonald is gone in round one. I think he’s overrated on the mid board. He is not strong in run support.

That being said, I don’t know which remaining edge guys can play both run/pass well. But facing the Niners makes it an imperative. They abused the Rams by running behind LT Williams and Kittle etc,…

Here’s a little talked about name Jay’ir Brown Safety PSU. I loved his leadership and ball skills in college. He developed fast as a JuCo transfer. He’s very versatile and can be moved all over. He’d fit the Quarters D. I mentioned his leadership. He reminds me of JJ in that way. If he’s not a second round pick, he’s underrated imo. But I doubt the Rams go Safety that early, despite taking one at the end of round two four years ago (Rapp).
I like Brown a fair amount but 2nd round is super rich IMO. Its not the end all be all but he ran a 4.65. That's very slow for being a deep safety and he really doesn't project to be one. He's a box safety and I fear we have an overload of them currently on the roster. Not to mention, box safeties typically get pushed down the board. 4th-5th round, may be worth a shot, but that combine was awful in all aspects.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If they go edge it has to be someone who can rush the passer and is a stud at setting the edge.
Edge definitely has the potential to give us the single biggest shot in the arm of any other pick possibility. Because with AD's presence at 3T that Edge element gets magnified as if he has a constant overload on his side of the formation.

Also there are guys who fit and quite a few of them that might be there for us in round 2, so Edge is probably the most likely pick, assuming they can lock McVay somewhere long enough to get the card sent in lol.

McDonald's film requires some cherry picking and projection. But we also have Ojulari projected in that range, Uzomah, and Hall. Of those guys I prefer Hall as he can set a hard edge with his strength. I figure McDonald will be off the board but who knows.

If it wasn't for the McVay factor and his tendency to force weird and passhappy round 2 picks I'd be fully focused in on the Edges and Corners in this draft for 36. Because the quality is there among those two positions. There are rumors that a run should start on Corners in the teens, but between those two positions there's a good chance to have a quality kid sitting on top of that board when we're up.

But if not, then we for sure will have an excellent offensive option sitting there. Because all these guys we like can't go before we're up. Someone has to fall for each guy that goes higher than expected. Which is why in many ways I hope they just snap up whoever that best option is, but it does seem likely that we see a short move down.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I like Brown a fair amount but 2nd round is super rich IMO. Its not the end all be all but he ran a 4.65. That's very slow for being a deep safety and he really doesn't project to be one. He's a box safety and I fear we have an overload of them currently on the roster. Not to mention, box safeties typically get pushed down the board. 4th-5th round, may be worth a shot, but that combine was awful in all aspects.
That surprises me. He’s a ballhawk who can play the star position imo. He’s a good tackler. I wouldn’t pigeon hole him as a SS only. He’d work for the Rams if they still favor interchangeable safeties.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Edge definitely has the potential to give us the single biggest shot in the arm of any other pick possibility. Because with AD's presence at 3T that Edge element gets magnified as if he has a constant overload on his side of the formation.

Also there are guys who fit and quite a few of them that might be there for us in round 2, so Edge is probably the most likely pick, assuming they can lock McVay somewhere long enough to get the card sent in lol.

McDonald's film requires some cherry picking and projection. But we also have Ojulari projected in that range, Uzomah, and Hall. Of those guys I prefer Hall as he can set a hard edge with his strength. I figure McDonald will be off the board but who knows.

If it wasn't for the McVay factor and his tendency to force weird and passhappy round 2 picks I'd be fully focused in on the Edges and Corners in this draft for 36. Because the quality is there among those two positions. There are rumors that a run should start on Corners in the teens, but between those two positions there's a good chance to have a quality kid sitting on top of that board when we're up.

But if not, then we for sure will have an excellent offensive option sitting there. Because all these guys we like can't go before we're up. Someone has to fall for each guy that goes higher than expected. Which is why in many ways I hope they just snap up whoever that best option is, but it does seem likely that we see a short move down.
Of the guys I’ve looked up, Hall sounds like the most durable versus the run. I think Adeboware too, but don’t think he reaches 36.

I definitely hope McVay doesn’t ruin the pick. If someone like O’Cyrus Torrence somehow fell to 36 I’d start praying. If they pass on someone with that ability on either side of the ball to insure that they get a fourth round pick, I’ll be very disappointed.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Ojulari is an exceptional pass rusher just has limitations in run defense. Rushing is not a problem for him.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 Sportsbook Champion
With 11 picks I think you can find an OT to put in the development pipeline at some point in the draft vs 2 rookie QBs.

And if moving Havenstein you have to take a OT early...you just have to and there will be solid guys there in the 1st 3 rds.

I mean we don't even have a 3rd OT on the roster that has any shot of starting a game and you are now counting on Noteboom & Jackson to stay healthy.
I don't know if you know anything about a draft but there are 31 other teams and those teams do take a player you were targeting (usually a pick or two before your pick) I did that one with my brother in law who is a in the closet Whiner fan and his friend who is a Sheattle fan. Yep got a bit competitive.

But I'm a firm believer you don't take a pick because solely out of need, it's has to be a combo of BPA and need if you consider it.

Hey, I'm not counting on anything. If it was up to me Noteboom would have never gotten an extension and we would have drafted a few prospects the last 2 years that have graded well at OT these last 1 or 2 years.

But if it helps here is one I just did, targeting one OT I’ve pretty much mocked this whole time to us since I love him and think he could be realistically within our ability to pick up. Always one in the lower draft that grades out like Havenstein does.
E0B68FF4-094C-4024-A1DD-C769F3BC4752.png

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Run defense is a concern when it comes to playing the Niners twice a year.
Just have to fix the offense. They perform well enough it makes other offenses one dimensional. Nobody, not even SF is running the ball late in the third, down 21.