OFFICIAL 2023 Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, here's your wish from my latest "Fanspeak.com" mock draft.

TEAM PICKS​

36: R2 P5 DL Calijah Kancey - Pittsburgh
69: R3 P6 EDGE Felix Anudike-Uzomah - Kansas State
77: R3 P14 C Joe Tippmann - Wisconsin
167: R5 P32 WR Kayshon Boutte - LSU
171: R5 P36 G Mark Evans II - Arkansas Pine Bluff
177: R5 P42 S DeMarcco Hellams - Alabama
182: R6 P5 CB Myles Brooks - Louisana Tech
189: R6 P12 LB Jordan Wright - Kentucky
191: R6 P14 RB Mohamed Ibrahim - Minnesota
223: R7 P6 EDGE YaYa Diaby - Louisville
251: R7 P34 TE Davis Allen - Clemson
Rarely have I ever seen a mock with so many players picked after where they're "likely" to go in the draft. Those simulators are so fun to just mess around with hell one time I traded up to the first and still ended up with 11 picks.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I figure Branch is off the board well before we pick. But early round 2 is often safety range and every time I'm watching the Bama defense I think to myself "damn."
Yeah, love me some Branch and I think he has a decent chance of slipping to the 2nd since his combine didn't go as well as he'd have liked. Probably only a like 25% chance though. He's good and versatile.
I think Branch and Jordan Battle (the other Alabama safety) are off the board when we pick.
I think Battle is not a first rounder. Mid 2nd to 3rd is where I'm expecting him to go. Branch is a superior prospect IMO. Would love Battle in the 3rd.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'd give the nod to Washington as the best blocking TE in the draft myself, but Kraft is not a bad blocker at all. LaPorta on the other hand......
Totally agree that Darnell Washington is the TE that we want if blocking is the most important plus he a big ass physical and athletic beast. If he develops his receiving ability, look out.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Totally agree that Darnell Washington is the TE that we want if blocking is the most important plus he a big ass physical and athletic beast. If he develops his receiving ability, look out.
Could be like an athletic David Hill, who Madden used to call "a loose tackle" back in the 80's.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Could be like an athletic David Hill, who Madden used to call "a loose tackle" back in the 80's.
Lol......he'd be a bigger version cuz I looked it up and David Hill was about 6'2" and weighed 229 lbs.....Darnell Washington is 6'7" and weighs 264 lbs, that's a huge ass dude

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Lol......he'd be a bigger version cuz I looked it up and David Hill was about 6'2" and weighed 229 lbs.....Darnell Washington is 6'7" and weighs 264 lbs, that's a huge ass dude
True, back then though Hill was considered huge...maybe end of his career he got bigger. He looked bigger than those measurements.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
True, back then though Hill was considered huge...maybe end of his career he got bigger. He looked bigger than those measurements.
I can't even imagine how big Washington is going to look out there on an NFL football field. If that guy can get his receiving game together, he's going to cause fits for defenses due to his size. He's about 15 pounds away from being a tackle lol

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I found one roster where he was listed at 6-2 240... still obviously smaller. Of course on the same roster OT Kent Hill was listed at 6-5 260.

Amazing how much smaller the players were then. I remember Munoz was considered a freak because he was one of the 1st LT's to be in the 280 range and obviously super athletic. Dennis Harrah was called "Hercules" because he was 6-5 265 lb OG which was huge when many were in the 245-250 lb range.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I found one roster where he was listed at 6-2 240... still obviously smaller. Of course on the same roster OT Kent Hill was listed at 6-5 260.

Amazing how much smaller the players were then. I remember Munoz was considered a freak because he was one of the 1st LT's to be in the 280 range and obviously super athletic. Dennis Harrah was called "Hercules" because he was 6-5 265 lb OG which was huge when many were in the 245-250 lb range.
Yeah these guys are getting bigger and faster for sure. It's amazing and scary all in one. Honestly he'd be a good pick for us cuz all his highlights show him just blocking like a beast and having some good receiving moments too.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
My only fear with Washington is that will he be another enigma like Everett where he just never puts it altogether?

Everett was an athletic freak, yet never quite became what he should have been.

Will Washington be a good blocker, but never reach his potential as a receiver and thus be a waste as a top 40 pick?

WestCoastRam

Legend
1680758628520.png

I thought it would be interesting to try to do a mock with almost all Rams pre-draft visits/meetings. You'll notice the trade up for McDonald and then a trade down with our first 3rd. The trade up for McDonald has more than 3 picks involved but since it's the first night, I think there's time for more complicated trades.

Scruggs made it in there cause he was such a value proposition where he was.

Again, not saying I want this to happen or think it will but an interesting exercise to see where these guys are ranked according to one website and where we pick. That being said, once the 3rd round comes around it really seems like team grades and media grades diverge quite a bit so maybe this could be realistic.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Looks like 6-7 teams in the market for PK.

@Riverumbbq our man Moody might be hard to get.

Kornblue and several other kicking experts consulted for this story said the first kicker in this year’s draft, which most expect will be Michigan’s Jake Moody, probably will be taken in the fourth or fifth round.

But it’s also possible a kicker gets snapped up earlier than usual because so many teams still are seeking one, even after free agency. In addition to the 49ers, who have been busy working out kickers over the past month, the Rams, Cowboys, Lions, Jaguars, Titans and Packers are believed to be in the mix. And you can never count out the Patriots, who have an older kicker, Nick Folk, whose kickoffs have started to wane. The Patriots also have been working out kickers as they do nearly every offseason, and they coached Moody at this year’s East-West Shrine Bowl, where he was named the game’s MVP.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Looks like 6-7 teams in the market for PK.

@Riverumbbq our man Moody might be hard to get.

Kornblue and several other kicking experts consulted for this story said the first kicker in this year’s draft, which most expect will be Michigan’s Jake Moody, probably will be taken in the fourth or fifth round.

But it’s also possible a kicker gets snapped up earlier than usual because so many teams still are seeking one, even after free agency. In addition to the 49ers, who have been busy working out kickers over the past month, the Rams, Cowboys, Lions, Jaguars, Titans and Packers are believed to be in the mix. And you can never count out the Patriots, who have an older kicker, Nick Folk, whose kickoffs have started to wane. The Patriots also have been working out kickers as they do nearly every offseason, and they coached Moody at this year’s East-West Shrine Bowl, where he was named the game’s MVP.
.I think last season I did a live mock ? Not sure. This year I did one & question #36 Zack Charbonnet , but thought actually it came out Good. Had Murdy #182 - thought maybe to soon,but was a must pick.
Now after knowing the interest
from your post not sure?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
@CGI_Ram :
One more reason why the Rams need to find a way to increase the number of some of those mid-round draft picks for ourselves. Not having a pick between #77 in the 3'rd and #167 late in the 5'th could haunt us. As it stands, #167 is our best shot at Moody, although the 49'ers who also have no current picks in the 4'th round, have 2 picks prior to us in the 5'th, so knowing our need they can easily outmanuever us.

Last edited:

dang

Legend
Do you guys not think that Kraft also needs some developing? His level of competition was not stellar (Holy Cross, UNI, Indiana St to name a few). I will say, he played how he should play against the level of competition. So, he could only play against the guys he had in front of him, and he was pretty dominant in that regard. I'm just a bit timid that playing against the big boys of the NFL is going to be a massive difference. I am high on Kraft also, but have doubts about his value in the 2nd. Just my 2 cents.
May I remind you of where Cooper Kupp played? Plenty of good players in the FCS.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
May I remind you of where Cooper Kupp played? Plenty of good players in the FCS.
Yes, I'm aware he played in the FCS. He is/was also all time record setter in 7 categories in that league. Eastern Washington did play FBS teams however and, when they did, he completely balled out. WSU - 12/206 3TD. Oregon - 15/246 3TD. Washington 8/145 3TD. Oregon St. 5/119 2TD (his first game no less). He was clearly the best player in FCS and when tasked with playing against top competition, he absolutely balled out.

Kraft, on the other hand, only really balled out in 2021 (he did miss games in 2022). Last season, he had a fairly pedestrian 27/348 3 TDs and only had 1/7 against FBS team (Iowa). In 2021, it looks like they played Colorado St (who I think is FBS?): 5/53.

I'm not trying to say I don't like Kraft, I do. But he's not comparable to a legendary FCS player like Kupp. There are also a high percentage of FCS players that are great in FCS play, but complete busts after jumping to NFL. I'd venture to say, the percentage is likely far higher with an FCS prospect then a FBS prospect, as its a easier to spot talent when against other NFL talent. Kupp was also only a 3rd rounder after putting up legendary numbers.

After reading your post again, I guess you weren't really comparing them as prospects, but, I'll leave the above to marvel at Kupps greatness. Honestly, I just enjoyed looking back at Kupps college stats. He was utterly amazing in college.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
PFF did a podcast about teams without a 1st round pick. They mocked the following for the Rams:
2-36: Anton Harrison, OT
3-69: Tyler Scott, WR

I guess I can see some logic with Harrison (though I'm not a big fan of it), but I see little logic for Scott. Another small WR when we don't use the one we drafted in the 2nd a draft ago? No thank you.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
@CGI_Ram :
One more reason why the Rams need to find a way to increase the number of some of those mid-round draft picks for ourselves. Not having a pick between #77 in the 3'rd and #167 late in the 5'th could haunt us. As it stands, #167 is our best shot at Moody, although the 49'ers who also have no current picks in the 4'th round, have 2 picks prior to us in the 5'th, so knowing our need they can easily outmanuever us.

I think we make picks with 2 of our first 3 picks, but I expect a trade down with one of them to net a 4th. Not sure if we’d be doing that to secure a kicker, but Moody looks round 4 to me.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think we make picks with 2 of our first 3 picks, but I expect a trade down with one of them to net a 4th. Not sure if we’d be doing that to secure a kicker, but Moody looks round 4 to me.

Very possible, although I believe you already know how I'd prefer to acquire those extra picks, and its not a popular idea from what I've been hearing. :censored: