SEAHAWKS 2022/23 Seattle Seahawks Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I don’t believe that. It’s revisionist… Fisher was widely considered the best veteran coach available.

Many people had the view that fisher would get the Rams to 500 and not much more than that. It was a popular view when he was hired.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wouldn't be too hard on Jody too quickly.
Stan stuck with Fisher for 5 years while he learned more about being THE owner.
Got it damn right his second time up.
He hung onto Fisher because the focus was the move and Fisher led a team through a similar situation in the past. Its nothing like what Jody Allen has done by keeping Pete. She trusts Pete and is letting him run the team, because she doesn't know anything about being a football owner and by all accounts doesn't want to be one. If she had been smart she'd have kept Wilson and given Pete the boot. He's old and trending down. Which one makes the Seahawks more valuable to a potential buyer?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Bleacher Report? Stan was not serious about winning in St. Louis. He was serious about winning in LA which is ten times more lucrative than winning in St. Louis.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Bleacher Report? Stan was not serious about winning in St. Louis. He was serious about winning in LA which is ten times more lucrative than winning in St. Louis.
There are multiple articles. Fisher was perceived, leaguewide, as a very good hire.

Not buying the revisionist history.

There’s an assumption built-in that Stan wouldn’t have found a way to move. I think that’s naive.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
There are multiple articles. Fisher was perceived, leaguewide, as a very good hire.

Not buying the revisionist history.

There’s an assumption built-in that Stan wouldn’t have found a way to move. I think that’s naive.
His plan was to move all along and Fisher was retained through the move. No revisionist history BS.

There is no need to argue for arguments sake. So think what you want. I don’t care. Maybe you think Stan planned on having Fisher pilot SpaceX for him. Your prerogative. Make up whatever you want.

Tas

UDFA
People forget how bad it was before Fisher. Linehan, Spags. We had the worst record in the league the decade before Fisher. I remember when Fisher was hired, everyone was just happy we had a real coach.

Fisher gets a bad rap. He took a team that couldn't win and made them better. He built the bones of a really good team and our special teams and defense was excellent. He just couldn't get out of his own way in regards to offensive football. Also, he drafted Aaron Donald. I'm glad he's gone but I'm also glad he was here.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Fish was a guy who needed a good GM above him to stack the roster. Giving him the keys to personnel was a mistake. But to Kroenke's cred he went after the best option available that year and got him and Fish did raise the bar a bit.

He also made poor hires on the offensive staff. That really hurt him. You're only as good as your people.

I'll always thank him and Snead for drafting AD and Gurley though. They did some good things together even though it didn't work out overall.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
His plan was to move all along and Fisher was retained through the move. No revisionist history BS.

There is no need to argue for arguments sake. So think what you want. I don’t care. Maybe you think Stan planned on having Fisher pilot SpaceX for him. Your prerogative. Make up whatever you want.
The “move” part was part of the equation.
The “intentionally sucking” is revisionist. It just turns out Fisher is a bad coach.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
How has this discussion turned away from shitting on the Seahawks and their fans?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
stan had a plan. he wanted the rams out of the gutter but not too good to generate excitement and huge crowds. jeff fisher was the perfect 7 and 9 coach to make the move to LA as painless as possible.

Honestly, I think if the Rams improved significantly, it only would have helped their case for the move. We know St Louis was not going to pony up the amount Stan's group was seeking and won in arbitration. If they still held their ground despite having a winning record - which they would have - there would have been an even better case for Stan being able to move the team to more fertile ground.

I was one of the few original LA fans that wanted the Rams to stay put. While I totally understood Stan's desire to move the team back, I felt it was a bad move for the NFL in general. Boy was I wrong.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
How has this discussion turned away from shitting on the Seahawks and their fans?
In a way, it still is. Our owner built THE best football venue in the league and we have been in two SBs and constantly whacking the shecocks while they still cling to their fugly ass uniforms and the venture back to mediocrity. Total win and truly a total shitting on of that johnny come lately fan base.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
In a way, it still is. Our owner built THE best football venue in the league and we have been in two SBs and constantly whacking the shecocks while they still cling to their fugly ass uniforms and the venture back to mediocrity. Total win and truly a total shitting on of that johnny come lately fan base.

Can we say - BOBBY WAGNER!!!

Forever he was the player -Snead(Fisher) let get away by waiting.
There still were choices,but now things have finally switched to The Rams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Now when the 9ers or Hags come into town maybe that 12th man will show up. Still can’t believe the last 2 hone games against the 9ers all in RED at SOFI.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Now when the 9ers or Hags come into town maybe that 12th man will show up. Still can’t believe the last 2 hone games against the 9ers all in RED at SOFI.
I had several friends at those games and what they said was that the opposing fans showed up early but by game time it was mostly our fans. It's a constant narrative against LA fans but they have always showed for the Dodgers, Lakers, and Kings, and in reality, we were near the top in the NFL before Georgia, Shaw dismantled the team looking to move. LA fans will always get a bad rep. But fuck em. We are truly title town.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The “move” part was part of the equation.
The “intentionally sucking” is revisionist. It just turns out Fisher is a bad coach.
I never said they intentionally sucked. I agree Fisher was just bad at offense and refused to let anyone take it over.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I never said they intentionally sucked. I agree Fisher was just bad at offense and refused to let anyone take it over.

My responses don’t stick & lost my whole point about McSnead vs Snisher.

It is easy to see how each stand on there own merit now.

Les Snead has earned that respect by Mcvay & his trust he has in Les.They have created a system that works better than most NFL teams.

My main point is with Fisher ,Les Snead might have moved on or even been fired or let go ?

Fisher was a control Freak!! He also was & is a LIER which a majority of people seem to be cool with.I try to keep it real & facts are facts.It’s not to hard to see.

I will always go back to LA Rams Fans Passion for Team First!! ED29 called Jeff Fisher & The Front office OUT!!!

Kevin Demoff had to choose between ED29(Ram Fans) or Jeff Fisher.

Demoff also got exposed with a under the table deal with a 2 year contract to Jeff Fisher.Was that cover up money ??? I’m not saying that.

What I’m saying is The Rams (us fans) got LUCKY!! I will also say KEVIN DEMOFF is the ultimate Rams Fan!!

I give Kevin Demoff a lot of (crap) credit for where The Rams are today & think he is a Heck of a Good (?) CEO