OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Isn't he more of a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB? I recall him having concerns with setting the edge and also dropping back into short coverage.

Further when he was with the Rams I only recall him lining up wide and beating the tackle with his Gumby move. He didn't learn another move until his last year with this team.

Hope I'm wrong, but not seeing why the media and several fans are hyped for his return.
Yes. In terms of what scheme he has played, at that time when McVay came in Quinn was a 4-3 end in Fisher's scheme. But he has always been small for that role and he didn't lack the movement you would want for him to play OLB i.e. drop occasionally. So I view him as a guy who fits both schemes.

He'd probably fit schematically, but I just feel like he was a Fish guy and his motor at times is questionable I think. I just don't think the guys who you don't know what you're gonna get will fit now with where the Rams are. They need guys who are going to come in and play with some hunger. If they do go get him at some point then it means they vetted all that and they have a very good feel given how often they hit on their FAs.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Isn't he more of a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB? I recall him having concerns with setting the edge and also dropping back into short coverage.

Further when he was with the Rams I only recall him lining up wide and beating the tackle with his Gumby move. He didn't learn another move until his last year with this team.

Hope I'm wrong, but not seeing why the media and several fans are hyped for his return.
Quinn taught AD the jump/chop move

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams will bring back Tim Barns after they re-sign Quinn.

Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by Kör

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

That was his first year as an LB and IIRC he was dealing with some injuries as well. He's now accustomed to that role and accumulated 18.5 sacks last year, becoming an All-Pro for the first time since his 19 sack season with us.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ugh, this is actually terrible to watch especially after his story he posted last week about the struggles he's had the past couple of years with deaths in family and his injury issues. Sounds like you can hear the achilles pop even. Makes me sick for the guy.

View: https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM/status/1526608832255905794?s=20&t=ClILB-0KC_yFWtx-0g1J2g

Just awful. I had to go and read his letter - https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/tarik-cohen-mental-health-nfl-football It's extremely well written and very sad. And to add this on top? Such a brutal slap.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Wow, Jourdan even predicted yesterday Carter making the 53m team.
You never know which of these guys are Ready to truly become a professional and transition from the college life/mentality. It’s a man’s game - no kids allowed

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My Pettigrew bandwagon has room on it! ALL ABOARD!!!

PS how's that fullback dream looking now? :D

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
R Carter is the only one of those five I thought had a chance. Wonder if there are some other free agents out there (undrafted or regular) that can fill out the roster now ...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
R Carter is the only one of those five I thought had a chance. Wonder if there are some other free agents out there (undrafted or regular) that can fill out the roster now ...
DT Dion Norvil (the Rams will lose more depth at Dline and he has potential)
OG Jack Snyder
OLB Keir Thomas
CB Ceasar Dance - Williams
LB Jake Hummel

I think those five make the roster

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Wonder if there are some other free agents out there (undrafted or regular) that can fill out the roster now ...
Odell Beckham Jr., Jadeveon Clowney, James Bradberry, Akiem Hicks and Rob Gronkowski!

Rams don't even want Gronkowski. Just looking to piss-off Tom Brady!!!

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Odell Beckham Jr., Jadeveon Clowney, James Bradberry, Akiem Hicks and Rob Gronkowski!

Rams don't even want Gronkowski. Just looking to piss-off Tom Brady!!!

Those have been my targets for a long time but I would pass on Gronk. I want to see Lewis crush him again. Obj is a must Clowney Bradbury Hicks. In that order for me. I feel lost with all this Rams silence lol. call it spoiled I guess but even the AD and Kupp contracts just hush nothing to see here. I need a fix soon lol

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Those have been my targets for a long time but I would pass on Gronk. I want to see Lewis crush him again. Obj is a must Clowney Bradbury Hicks. In that order for me. I feel lost with all this Rams silence lol. call it spoiled I guess but even the AD and Kupp contracts just hush nothing to see here. I need a fix soon lol
I was being sarcastic but ok.