OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I predicted when Von went to the Bills it would be a trade deadline move gonna stick with it now.
Yeah once Von went off the Rams couldn't afford to be spending on guys who might not produce. They need to live up to their paycheck with the Rams current model so if it's a risky option then low cap cost is a requirement.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That being the case, then how does he dig himself out of that hole without looking like a finger pointer. His credibility with the public is likely shot.

I’ll go one further. Taking that job knowing Gruden had final draft say was a huge gamble by Mayock.

My whole point is very simple and people want to argue with me about it. We don't know who made the decisions. We don't know who had input. We don't know if Gruden followed Mayock's advice. We just don't know. We do know Gruden had total control. We do know the Raiders made a lot of bad picks and took some character risks that backfired. We don't know who made the decisions and the bad calls. As I've said now countless times and people seem to want to ignore it some of the stink will be on Mayock, his bad decision taking the GM job when the HC had total control.
I don't see how you get that from what I wrote. I could say "my point is very simple and you want to argue with me", just as easily. Mayock I has to rehab his reputation regardless who was to blame.

Personally I never thought he was all that good to begin with. But he did find Max Crosby in the sixth round.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Drew Brees out at NBC after one season, could be target for FOX Sports​

Where there is smoke about sports broadcasters, there is fire. After one season with NBC, former New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees is done at the Peacock, The New York Post reported Sunday.

There was a buzz about Brees having been available to FOX while it looked to fill out its announcer roster and now it is known why: NBC wasn’t thrilled with Brees.

View: https://twitter.com/andrewmarchand/status/1525921057516945409?s=21&t=dwYKoJw-MelWVPIUPctOew

Per the report:

The decision seemed mutual as Brees preferred doing games over the “Football Night in America” studio show, and NBC didn’t have many NFL games to offer him. NBC soured on Brees’ potential after originally believing he could develop into the heir apparent to Cris Collinsworth on “Sunday Night Football” games.

On the air, Brees, 43, had an up and down rookie season that was highlighted by a poor performance in his biggest broadcast of the year, the Bengals-Raiders playoff game.

FOX is in play for Brees as it needs a lead analyst to team with Kevin Burkhardt until Tom Brady retires. However, Greg Olsen could remain paired with Burkhardt until the GOAT steps off the field and into the broadcast booth.

That would still leave an opening on the FOX roster and Brees could easily slide into a role with that network.

Brees also did work as a game analyst on NBC Sports’ Notre Dame broadcasts in 2021.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Last edited:

TheBunk

Rookie

Drew Brees out at NBC after one season, could be target for FOX Sports​

Where there is smoke about sports broadcasters, there is fire. After one season with NBC, former New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees is done at the Peacock, The New York Post reported Sunday.

There was a buzz about Brees having been available to FOX while it looked to fill out its announcer roster and now it is known why: NBC wasn’t thrilled with Brees.

View: https://twitter.com/andrewmarchand/status/1525921057516945409?s=21&t=dwYKoJw-MelWVPIUPctOew

Per the report:

The decision seemed mutual as Brees preferred doing games over the “Football Night in America” studio show, and NBC didn’t have many NFL games to offer him. NBC soured on Brees’ potential after originally believing he could develop into the heir apparent to Cris Collinsworth on “Sunday Night Football” games.

On the air, Brees, 43, had an up and down rookie season that was highlighted by a poor performance in his biggest broadcast of the year, the Bengals-Raiders playoff game.

FOX is in play for Brees as it needs a lead analyst to team with Kevin Burkhardt until Tom Brady retires. However, Greg Olsen could remain paired with Burkhardt until the GOAT steps off the field and into the broadcast booth.

That would still leave an opening on the FOX roster and Brees could easily slide into a role with that network.

Brees also did work as a game analyst on NBC Sports’ Notre Dame broadcasts in 2021.

I'm perplexed at how these networks prefer big names over people who can actually analyze the games with the appropriate charisma necessary for commentary. The stars are on the field, not in the booth. Brady is going to go the same way as Brees on that stage.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Robert Quinn is also a possibility too.
As a player sure.. His contract makes him less like,y. We generally trade for these kind of guys with expiring contracts to get a comp pick the next year even if it’s only a 5th for veteran max. Quinn has two mir3 years with d3cent cap hits. Not sure they add him at his age with that much money left. Love the guy obviously but not sure how realistic he is due to contract.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I recall McVay's first meeting they publicized with the players Quinn was sort of standing there all smug with a grin and didn't look particularly impressed by McVay. Could be my perception I realize. But then he was moved shortly thereafter. So I think he was a "Fisher guy" who got jettisoned.

If so, he's got zero chance to be a guy the Rams go after. I wouldn't go after him because I don't trust him to produce.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I recall McVay's first meeting they publicized with the players Quinn was sort of standing there all smug with a grin and didn't look particularly impressed by McVay. Could be my perception I realize. But then he was moved shortly thereafter. So I think he was a "Fisher guy" who got jettisoned.

If so, he's got zero chance to be a guy the Rams go after. I wouldn't go after him because I don't trust him to produce.
Isn't he more of a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB? I recall him having concerns with setting the edge and also dropping back into short coverage.

Further when he was with the Rams I only recall him lining up wide and beating the tackle with his Gumby move. He didn't learn another move until his last year with this team.

Hope I'm wrong, but not seeing why the media and several fans are hyped for his return.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As a player sure.. His contract makes him less like,y. We generally trade for these kind of guys with expiring contracts to get a comp pick the next year even if it’s only a 5th for veteran max. Quinn has two mir3 years with d3cent cap hits. Not sure they add him at his age with that much money left. Love the guy obviously but not sure how realistic he is due to contract.
Could still be viable like the Broncos if the Bears agreed to pay the majority of Quinn's Salary.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I think the Rams could make it work.
I like that move. The Rams have done some deals with Jacksonville during McVay's tenure for Fowler and Ramsey. They did pick up his 5th year option but that doesn't lessen the ability to trade him. They would be hit with 3.6 mil dead money but save 3.6 mil on the flip side. That 10.8 mil 2023 cap hit might be tough to swallow though.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Robert Quinn is also a possibility too.
The Bears will be bad. They may want the picks.
Isn't he more of a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB? I recall him having concerns with setting the edge and also dropping back into short coverage.

Further when he was with the Rams I only recall him lining up wide and beating the tackle with his Gumby move. He didn't learn another move until his last year with this team.

Hope I'm wrong, but not seeing why the media and several fans are hyped for his return.
I thought the concern was originally that he was an OLB that the Rams wanted to move to DE
Could still be viable like the Broncos if the Bears agreed to pay the majority of Quinn's Salary.
That’s what I was thinking.

The question is, can he set the edge and stop the run? I’m not so sure. The Rams will wait to see how Garrett does before trying to get a pass rush only edge player.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Different story though, Quinn has salary left after '22, Miller was on final year.
I just dont see what's in it for the Bears to trade him and take an 8+ mill cap hit
Of course if the Rams are parting with a 2nd and 3rd rounder like they did for Von I suppose its possible, but that's a lot to give up for a 32 year old guy who's had injury issues his whole career