OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Landry on a cheap and short deal is a nice move for the Saints.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Just as it was a huge gamble for Snead to take the Rams job as his first GM job with Fisher having total control. As to how can he get out of that stink? Just like Snead getting a 2nd chance with another HC and succeeding. As for the public who gives a shit about their opinion we know how dumb fans are. It's coaches and owners and guys like KD that matter not idiot fans.
So if you were NFL network or ESPN would you hire him to be your lead draft analyst?

And it’s not really like Snead at all. Les wasn’t a self proclaimed television draft guru. He worked under Dimitrov in Atlanta and was taking the next step in his career of running a team. Sitting at a table on air and disagreeing with everyone else’s analysis of college kids and not ever being held accountable for your opinions isn’t exactly the same as working in an NFL front office learning how to run a team.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So if you were NFL network or ESPN would you hire him to be your lead draft analyst?

And it’s not really like Snead at all. Les wasn’t a self proclaimed television draft guru. He worked under Dimitrov in Atlanta and was taking the next step in his career of running a team. Sitting at a table on air and disagreeing with everyone else’s analysis of college kids and not ever being held accountable for your opinions isn’t exactly the same as working in an NFL front office learning how to run a team.
Never mind yeah you're right he's an idiot can't do anything anymore after taking a job from Gruden.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Raiders drafted terribly with him in charge. Some of that blame has to fall on him.
Absolutely and it will and should. Degree of blame will always remain a question. It's very possible, if he wants, he can get another shot. The Rams under Snead and Fisher didn't draft exactly well either though they hit on some picks yet Snead got a second chance with a new coach. And we all know the NFL is all about second chances.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would not hire him for that lisp alone. Drives me apeshit.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolutely and it will and should. Degree of blame will always remain a question. It's very possible, if he wants, he can get another shot. The Rams under Snead and Fisher didn't draft exactly well either though they hit on some picks yet Snead got a second chance with a new coach. And we all know the NFL is all about second chances.
That's a major overstatement. The Rams didn't draft offense well under Fisher, which isn't surprising all things considered. We drafted Aaron Donald, Todd Gurley, Rob Havenstein, Tyler Higbee, Jared Goff, Michael Brockers, Rodney McLeod (UDFA), Greg Zuerlein, Johnny Hekker (UDFA), Trumaine Johnson, Janoris Jenkins, Lemarcus Joyner, and E.J. Gaines. And hell, T.J. McDonald and Alec Ogletree were decent enough players too, even if they didn't live up to expectations.

Snead wasn't killing it, but he was certainly respectable. And who knows what he might have done with a HC and offensive coaching staff who could actually develop players and implement a functional offense. Mike Mayock, conversely, was an unmitigated disaster. You can put blame on Gruden, but at the end of the day, the Raiders drafted terribly during Mayock's time as GM.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a major overstatement. The Rams didn't draft offense well under Fisher, which isn't surprising all things considered. We drafted Aaron Donald, Todd Gurley, Rob Havenstein, Tyler Higbee, Jared Goff, Michael Brockers, Rodney McLeod (UDFA), Greg Zuerlein, Johnny Hekker (UDFA), Trumaine Johnson, Janoris Jenkins, Lemarcus Joyner, and E.J. Gaines. And hell, T.J. McDonald and Alec Ogletree were decent enough players too, even if they didn't live up to expectations.

Snead wasn't killing it, but he was certainly respectable. And who knows what he might have done with a HC and offensive coaching staff who could actually develop players and implement a functional offense. Mike Mayock, conversely, was an unmitigated disaster. You can put blame on Gruden, but at the end of the day, the Raiders drafted terribly during Mayock's time as GM.
My whole point is very simple and people want to argue with me about it. We don't know who made the decisions. We don't know who had input. We don't know if Gruden followed Mayock's advice. We just don't know. We do know Gruden had total control. We do know the Raiders made a lot of bad picks and took some character risks that backfired. We don't know who made the decisions and the bad calls. As I've said now countless times and people seem to want to ignore it some of the stink will be on Mayock, his bad decision taking the GM job when the HC had total control.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
OBJ, splash Edge and maybe one other depth vet on OL or CB. Lock and load baby!
Here’s a name for you to watch at the trade deadline - Julian Okwara. If the Rams that are on the roster aren’t cutting it, maybe they swing a trade with the Lions and their old pal Brad Holmes. Detroit drafted two OLB types in April. They got Hutchinson and Paschal. Okwara isn’t going to get a lot of playing time in Detroit. He has had some injury problems but maybe a change of scenery, new coaches and the ‘Rams way’ could bring out the best in him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Here’s a name for you to watch at the trade deadline - Julian Okwara. If the Rams that are on the roster aren’t cutting it, maybe they swing a trade with the Lions and their old pal Brad Holmes. Detroit drafted two OLB types in April. They got Hutchinson and Paschal. Okwara isn’t going to get a lot of playing time in Detroit. He has had some injury problems but maybe a change of scenery, new coaches and the ‘Rams way’ could bring out the best in him.
Adding to my own post. Okwara has a 1.3 million dollar cap hit in 2022. He’s under control for two years.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Melvin Ingram is now officially off the market.

Screenshot_20220515-141307.png

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Clowney just sitting there? Would cost us no picks no players and Bradbury seems to be quiet too. Why would Cleveland just let Clowney dangle? We know Clowney signs late but this is dragging and when you want to be somewhere you work it out. How bad do they want one another? Cleveland and Clowney?
Even a guy like Duane Brown he is like big Whit long in the tooth but still very good nobody can use him? Depth or starter as well as mentor?
I didn't want Ingram or Houston

Rams don't seem to do half assed type players not insulting them just they seem to want more well rounded even if not great at everything still at least good at more than one thing. Which is smart to me. That's how I view it anyway.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we are officially at the "can't really do anything else until they work out the new contracts for Kupp and AD" stage of the off-season. Between that and the due diligence of waiting until after the June 1st free agency rush, I would be surprised if anything happened in May.

Pleasantly surprised, 'cause I am jonesing for some football news, but surprised nonetheless.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
OTAs at the end of this month. Mandatory mini camp in early June. If they're going to make any moves it may be after those. Of course they have a habit of shocking us.