OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Interesting… I just grabbed the quotes.

https://sportsnaut.com/carson-wentz-issues-colts-Commodes-2022

Indianapolis Colts ‘soured’ on Carson Wentz by midseason, coachability issues remain​

“One of the things that bothers me about this offseason, when it comes to Carson Wentz, I can’t believe how sour Indianapolis was on him after one year. It’s unbelievable when you talk to people in the organization about the move in retrospect. People in that franchise, decision-makers and it wasn’t just a Jim Irsay thing. I don’t even think it was just a Chris Ballard thing…it was like they knew in the middle of the season…I talked to a guy and he was like, ‘Look, we knew in the middle of the year we were done with him, it wasn’t going to work.'”

NFL insider Charles Robinson on perception of Carson Wentz from Indianapolis Colts

“From what I was told, it was the same problem he had in Philly. He is stubborn as s*** and…I can’t believe he really is this hard to coach. I don’t know what it is about him that turns off coaches that try to work with him, but man they were just really, really irritated by him not listening, him reverting to things they tried to work out.”

Charles Robinson on issues Indianapolis Colts had with Carson Wentz

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting… I just grabbed the quotes.

Indianapolis Colts ‘soured’ on Carson Wentz by midseason, coachability issues remain​

“One of the things that bothers me about this offseason, when it comes to Carson Wentz, I can’t believe how sour Indianapolis was on him after one year. It’s unbelievable when you talk to people in the organization about the move in retrospect. People in that franchise, decision-makers and it wasn’t just a Jim Irsay thing. I don’t even think it was just a Chris Ballard thing…it was like they knew in the middle of the season…I talked to a guy and he was like, ‘Look, we knew in the middle of the year we were done with him, it wasn’t going to work.'”

NFL insider Charles Robinson on perception of Carson Wentz from Indianapolis Colts

“From what I was told, it was the same problem he had in Philly. He is stubborn as s*** and…I can’t believe he really is this hard to coach. I don’t know what it is about him that turns off coaches that try to work with him, but man they were just really, really irritated by him not listening, him reverting to things they tried to work out.”

Charles Robinson on issues Indianapolis Colts had with Carson Wentz
I don't know Carson Wentz, and so I can't speak of his mentality. I have read and heard in interviews from players and coaches that some people are just in it for the noteriety and the money and do not share the love of the game. I hope that is not the case. I hope he makes a good home in Washington and becomes successful again.

I do think it's funny that in the above quotes both reporters do not name the people they were talking too. I know they do not have to, but it just doesn't make it credible to me. People said the same thing about Baker Mayfield. I think some reporters kick them when they are down for clicks.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don't know Carson Wentz, and so I can't speak of his mentality. I have read and heard in interviews from players and coaches that some people are just in it for the noteriety and the money and do not share the love of the game. I hope that is not the case. I hope he makes a good home in Washington and becomes successful again.

I do think it's funny that in the above quotes both reporters do not name the people they were talking too. I know they do not have to, but it just doesn't make it credible to me. People said the same thing about Baker Mayfield. I think some reporters kick them when they are down for clicks.
Wentz is a weirdo.
Credible? Indy had no QB and still dumped him. While he flamed out at the end of the season, you'd think the numbers he put up would demand a little more in a trade.
Have heard enough interviews and read enough interviews around him to think that Wentz just doesn't have an interest in learning and growing both on the field and off. He thinks he's got it all figured out, apparently.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wentz is a weirdo.
Credible? Indy had no QB and still dumped him. While he flamed out at the end of the season, you'd think the numbers he put up would demand a little more in a trade.
Have heard enough interviews and read enough interviews around him to think that Wentz just doesn't have an interest in learning and growing both on the field and off. He thinks he's got it all figured out, apparently.
I hear you @Kupped, but do you really think Indy makes that trade with Washington without knowing that the deal for Matt Ryan wasn't going to go down? No, man. The team is built to win now and they were not going to trade Wentz without having something to fall back on, and I am not talking about a back up QB.

It is a credibility issue where statements are quoted and the source is not given. Why make the statement when you know it is going to be printed and say, "Do not name me as a source." You do that to save the face of the organization, and not have it specifically come back to you when he goes somewhere else and it works out. When it really comes down to it, I don't have any investment in Carson Wentz. If he fails in Washington, he will be out of the NFL or a backup. I'm not going to loose any sleep. Anyone who has the media quote them and asked not to be named is suspect and lacks credibilty to me.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think Wentz had a run in with the owner of some kind. Maybe argued with him or something. Because if you watch the hard knocks episodes Reich was not sounding like he was done with him but the owner had a whole different tone. And btw that was a great hard knocks season too.

Wentz being a horse's ass would explain it, but even with that I think he pissed Irsay off personally somehow. Like parked in his spot or something idk.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I hear you @Kupped, but do you really think Indy makes that trade with Washington without knowing that the deal for Matt Ryan wasn't going to go down? No, man. The team is built to win now and they were not going to trade Wentz without having something to fall back on, and I am not talking about a back up QB.

It is a credibility issue where statements are quoted and the source is not given. Why make the statement when you know it is going to be printed and say, "Do not name me as a source." You do that to save the face of the organization, and not have it specifically come back to you when he goes somewhere else and it works out. When it really comes down to it, I don't have any investment in Carson Wentz. If he fails in Washington, he will be out of the NFL or a backup. I'm not going to loose any sleep. Anyone who has the media quote them and asked not to be named is suspect and lacks credibilty to me.
Oh, Wentz was gone no matter what, 100%. Not sure if you saw the videos with the owner... zero chance he was coming back.

Credibility isn't about an unnamed source, imo, it's about track record for that reporter. Why do people make those statements on background? Lots of reasons. Obviously you don't think any reason could be good enough, that's fine.

Did they know they were getting Ryan? I don't know. Did they know they were going to do everything the could to get a better QB? Yes.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think Wentz had a run in with the owner of some kind. Maybe argued with him or something. Because if you watch the hard knocks episodes Reich was not sounding like he was done with him but the owner had a whole different tone. And btw that was a great hard knocks season too.

Wentz being a horse's ass would explain it, but even with that I think he pissed Irsay off personally somehow. Like parked in his spot or something idk.
This is the second time Wentz was traded in two years. In print and on things like Sirius XM... there's a lot of different aspects of Wentz that are blamed for this.. and the picture that comes through is that he's some kind of weirdo blockhead. He won't learn on offense and doesn't understand his role as a team leader.

The vaccine thing is a huge part of it for Irsay, from what I've read, but there's a lot more to it. You don't get passed around the league like that with his talent unless there's something really off.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I disagree about credibility and sources. Good reporters don’t give up sources. If they did they’d get no inside info from players and coaches. I’ve read and heard enough about Wentz to believe this report. He’s not easy to coach or he’s just too thick headed to absorb the coaching. Either way, the Colts felt they couldn’t win a Super Bowl with Wentz so he had to go.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Rumor is that we’re trading a 2nd and 3rd to the Bears for Quinn…

Thoughts?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rumor is that we’re trading a 2nd and 3rd to the Bears for Quinn…

Thoughts?
Terrible trade plus it doesn't fit the MO. He's got 2 years left on his contract with 13-14 million base yearly. Hard pass for me.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I dunno if it’s true or not… I just know the rumor was posted and someone in YouTube made a quick vid about it. Figured I’d share it…

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Terrible trade plus it doesn't fit the MO. He's got 2 years left on his contract with 13-14 million base yearly. Hard pass for me.
I dunno if it’s true or not… I just know the rumor was posted and someone in YouTube made a quick vid about it. Figured I’d share it…
Looks like a Bleacher Report rumor from 2 days ago.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like a Bleacher Report rumor from 2 days ago.

Digging further in that it was started for a guy who writes for Bearsdigest.com

Local hack wishing something into existence. I get it they suck and are willing to send anything. But if somebody thinks that compensation is good for a guy Quinns age with his injury history and that remaining on his contract I have bad news for them.

That's the guy

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Digging further in that it was started for a guy who writes for Bearsdigest.com

Local hack wishing something into existence. I get it they suck and are willing to send anything. But if somebody thinks that compensation is good for a guy Quinns age with his injury history and that remaining on his contract I have bad news for them.

That's the guy
It's just easy to include the Rams in any trade for an edge rusher, but I concur scheme is not the best fit here plus Chicago would have to pick up the majority of the salary too. Going to agree that Rams looking for more of an OLB type then DE.