OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
McVay the anchor for the offensive scheme.

Fangio the anchor for the defensive scheme.

That would be amazing.
Broncos are 7-7 with Bridgewater.
I just don't see Fangio getting fired.. but, who knows? Teddy is out.. maybe they lose out and they clean house.
But I don't think Fangio has been the problem.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Broncos are 7-7 with Bridgewater.
I just don't see Fangio getting fired.. but, who knows? Teddy is out.. maybe they lose out and they clean house.
But I don't think Fangio has been the problem.
I don’t either but stranger things have happened with the coaching carousel.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nobody is safe in Chicago as it should be.

He needs to hire a new GM. And the main question I would need for the interviewees is who is on their short list for HC. I feel like 70% of the GM job is nailing that HC hire.

They need better personnel side production too I am sure but if you get the staff right you're gonna know precisely what to go get them in the draft.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He needs to hire a new GM. And the main question I would need for the interviewees is who is on their short list for HC. I feel like 70% of the GM job is nailing that HC hire.

They need better personnel side production too I am sure but if you get the staff right you're gonna know precisely what to go get them in the draft.
Ties into why I think Fangio is also on the way out. Three losing years with the worst QB in the division each year and they're not even close to competing in the division. Patton was brought in last year so a 2nd year GM will be able to pick his own HC and work towards a QB.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Kingsbury keeps collapsing in the 2nd half of the season and they're 1 and out in the playoffs it's not a stretch to think he could be on the hot seat.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If Kingsbury keeps collapsing in the 2nd half of the season and they're 1 and out in the playoffs it's not a stretch to think he could be on the hot seat.

Hard to imagine them firing him after a playoff birth and 10-7 record (worse case).

But, fans are livid right now with another “Kingsbury Collapse”…

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Henderson would be a huge loss. At least he wouldn't be going to another team in the NFL. As with all coaches just hope we can replace him well.
It would be a huge loss, but we have huge loss after huge loss with coaching staff and we’re still top of the West and sat at 10 - 4.

Most of us would have fired Morris 6 weeks ago.

Don’t sweat it, in McVay and Snead either know talent and/or can bring it out. They’re the common denominator.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's like the polar opposite of the 49ers. In San Fran, I hope the dumbass "leadership" blames Shanahan, and they part ways whereas in Arizona I hope they blame everyone BUT Kingsbury, and keep him around for many years....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The Broncos are not "close to competing" in their division? They are 1 game out of 2nd place for fuck sakes. I think Fangio is safe, but if he gets the axe, I would love him as our DC.

Also, Surtain >>>> Fields. At least so far. Hard to criticize a quality pick at an incredibly important position. Fields ceiling may be no higher than Teddy Bongwater's for all we know. At least TB can throw from the pocket.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just got done reading a half dozen articles from local Denver media or outlets covering the team expecting Fangio to be fired tomorrow so they can start the hire process after MNF. Every Bronco fan wants the entire coaching staff but Munchak gone as well. Then they expect the team to push hard for Rodgers/Wilson/Garopolo if available or draft a college QB because Teddy "isn't it" according to all them. Fangio is a great DC but just doesn't have it as a head coach it seems, according to the people that follow the team anyways. He'll get a DC job right away if he wants it though I'd bet. The argument with his kicker during the game was pretty funny though. They're the 13th seed in the playoffs right now and seem headed towards a 6th straight year missing the playoffs.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shurmur as OC seems about as popular as Fangio as HC too.

xrcycar5i0881.jpg

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Just got done reading a half dozen articles from local Denver media or outlets covering the team expecting Fangio to be fired tomorrow so they can start the hire process after MNF. Every Bronco fan wants the entire coaching staff but Munchak gone as well. Then they expect the team to push hard for Rodgers/Wilson/Garopolo if available or draft a college QB because Teddy "isn't it" according to all them. Fangio is a great DC but just doesn't have it as a head coach it seems, according to the people that follow the team anyways. He'll get a DC job right away if he wants it though I'd bet. The argument with his kicker during the game was pretty funny though. They're the 13th seed in the playoffs right now and seem headed towards a 6th straight year missing the playoffs.
I don't think there's much of a point in firing him with 2 games left.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think there's much of a point in firing him with 2 games left.
Other than interviewing people with 2 weeks left in the season and getting "your guy" yeah there's a huge point to doing it. Though it seems Benjamin Albright is very hooked in with the Denver front office like Mike Silver with Jeff Fisher hooked in. And he's doubtful they fire him this week but it's been all year from the GM to the coaching staff a "make the playoffs or he'll clean house" situation with a small chance Fangio keeps his job.

View: https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1475293475625218048?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some may agree. Some may disagree. But if the Broncos had Jared Goff, they'd be top two in their division right now and basically locked into a playoff bid. Teddy's numbers don't look awful, but that offense, despite all of its talent, cannot consistently move the ball. I think Goff would do a lot more with that squad. He would turn the ball over more, but he'd also score more points. I really wish a decent squad had gotten ahold of him this past offseason. It would have been a lot more enjoyable watching him play lol.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some may agree. Some may disagree. But if the Broncos had Jared Goff, they'd be top two in their division right now and basically locked into a playoff bid. Teddy's numbers don't look awful, but that offense, despite all of its talent, cannot consistently move the ball. I think Goff would do a lot more with that squad. He would turn the ball over more, but he'd also score more points. I really wish a decent squad had gotten ahold of him this past offseason. It would have been a lot more enjoyable watching him play lol.
Absolutely! There's some serious talent in Denver. Add in a QB and fortify both trenches and you challenge not only KC for the division but in the playoffs in general. It's a ready made team for a QB that wants to move. It's almost criminal that in such a close game with their playoffs on the line Shurmur ran Williams seven times.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Other than interviewing people with 2 weeks left in the season and getting "your guy" yeah there's a huge point to doing it. Though it seems Benjamin Albright is very hooked in with the Denver front office like Mike Silver with Jeff Fisher hooked in. And he's doubtful they fire him this week but it's been all year from the GM to the coaching staff a "make the playoffs or he'll clean house" situation with a small chance Fangio keeps his job.

View: https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1475293475625218048?

I don't see them rushing on it.

And, as you say.. it's a GM/Coach thing, potentially.