OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Updated:
Denver Broncos: HC Hackett, DC Open, OC Open
Chicago Bears: HC Eberflus, DC Open, OC Open
NY Giants: HC Daboll, DC Open, OC Open
Jacksonville Jags: HC Open**, DC Open, OC Open
New Orleans Saints: HC Open, DC Open, OC Open
Minnesota Vikings: HC Open, DC Open, OC Open
Miami Dolphins: HC Open, DC Open, OC Open
Houston Texans: HC Open, DC Open, OC Open
Las Vegas Raiders: HC Open, DC Open, OC Open
**Leftwich deal still not sealed

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Never in my life have I seen a coaching tree get poached so quickly. 4 head coaches plus numerous key assistants in 5 years is absolutely nuts. Just fucking insane. And all are successful, quality coaches. The respect McVay has established around the league in just five years is literally unprecedented.

And considering that 3 HCs from the McVay tree were in the final 8 and nearly had 3 in the final 4?

Yeah, expect more poaching in the years to come.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
they will all be wearing the official intrusion of privacy glasses. how are these things even legal?

ray-ban-facebook-glasses.jpg

They're not universally legal.

While possessing them seems to be legal, using them in a jurisdiction with 2 party consent and/or any expectation of privacy and those are highly illegal.

In public... they're generally fine.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
The Jaguars don't deserve Leftwich. I'm sorry, but lowballing the guy who wants to coach for you is a shit move, and it proves that Khan is a greedy little shit.

yeah, the lowball was conjecture by me and apparently by a number of folks in the media and then it came out definitively that Leftwich required Baalke out which required some additional... I dunno...stuff.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Updated:
Denver Broncos: HC Hackett, DC Open, OC Open
Chicago Bears: HC Eberflus, DC Open, OC Open
NY Giants: HC Daboll, DC Open, OC Open
Jacksonville Jags: HC Open**, DC Open, OC Open
New Orleans Saints: HC Open, DC Open, OC Open
Minnesota Vikings: HC Open, DC Open, OC Open
Miami Dolphins: HC Open, DC Open, OC Open
Houston Texans: HC Open, DC Open, OC Open
Las Vegas Raiders: HC Open, DC Open, OC Open
**Leftwich deal still not sealed

So Evero isn't official with Denver as their DC? I thought that was official. If not, my bad.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Hard to understand that it was all Poles & not Polian. Eberflus is from that Polian/Dungy background and I'm not a fan of the hire. But teams usually go opposite as Chicago had an offensive coach in Nagy & the Broncos had two defensive coaches thus going with Hackett.

Was listening last night to Mad Dog Russo & Mike Lombardi and Russo said that Dan Quinn was the leader for the Denver job, but they still wanted to go through the process and once they interviewed Quinn, the Broncos were not impressed, however, they were with Hackett who they ended up hiring.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hard to understand that it was all Poles & not Polian. Eberflus is from that Polian/Dungy background and I'm not a fan of the hire. But teams usually go opposite as Chicago had an offensive coach in Nagy & the Broncos had two defensive coaches thus going with Hackett.

Was listening last night to Mad Dog Russo & Mike Lombardi and Russo said that Dan Quinn was the leader for the Denver job, but they still wanted to go through the process and once they interviewed Quinn, the Broncos were not impressed, however, they were with Hackett who they ended up hiring.
I'm told by some that he's like Morris and players absolutely love playing for the guy and he's one of those that when he walks in the room and starts talking people take notice. Those seem to be two traits that every team wants in a coach so I get it from that stand point. Plus it's kind of the Chicago thing tough defensive minded teams.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I really like this hire for the New York Football Giants for several reasons. The Giants struggled on offense in so many ways, so I felt an offensive guy was a must. I also like the partnership here between new GM Joe Schoen & Daboll. Both of them worked in Buffalo and had a hand in restoring that franchise into an upper echelon team & offense in the AFC.

I realize @dieterbrock does not agree because he feels Daboll is from that Patriot tree like Judge who worked for Belichick & Nick Saban too, but Daboll has earned his stripes and has had ups (Bills & Tide) & downs (Browns) but IMO, before he got to Buffalo they were a mess on offense. Also @dieterbrock Daboll recruited & coached Tua Tagovailoa at Alabama, during his freshman year in 2017. I realize you keep bringing up Mike Locksley, but Daboll kept telling Saban that Tua should be starting over Hurts and Tua replaced Hurts in the Championship game in January of 2018 (Under Daboll) and led the Crimson Tide to victory over Georgia so that's why people keep bringing that up and why Miami really wanted Brian Daboll as their next Head Coach, but this time the Giants moved quickly to secure their number one guy.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm told by some that he's like Morris and players absolutely love playing for the guy and he's one of those that when he walks in the room and starts talking people take notice. Those seem to be two traits that every team wants in a coach so I get it from that stand point. Plus it's kind of the Chicago thing tough defensive minded teams.
Yeah, but funny, the Bears always seem to act like they want a tough minded defensive coach like Ditka, but Bears fans forget Ditka was an offensive coach.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
. Also @dieterbrock Daboll recruited & coached Tua Tagovailoa at Alabama, during his freshman year in 2017. I realize you keep bringing up Mike Locksley, but Daboll kept telling Saban that Tua should be starting over Hurts and Tua replaced Hurts in the Championship game in January of 2018 (Under Daboll) and led the Crimson Tide to victory over Georgia so that's why people keep bringing that up and why Miami really wanted Brian Daboll as their next Head Coach, but this time the Giants moved quickly to secure their number one guy.
Well, that's just not true, not even remotely. Tua was recruited heavily in 2015 & 2016 by Lane Kiffin, and committed in spring of 2016 when Daboll was in New England. The Tua recruitment process was quite a story, Bama had signed Fromm, Tua wanted Oregon because of Mariota etc. And I've never heard that Daboll convinced Saban to make the switch, its always been Saban's call.
I dont dislike Daboll because he's from the Belechick tree, that doesnt matter to me. What I dont like about the hire is that the guy didnt do anything as a QB developer in the NFL until Josh Allen. And I dont think Daboll just figured it out and worked magic, no I think Allen is an incredible talent that the NFL just missed on.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, that's just not true, not even remotely. Tua was recruited heavily in 2015 & 2016 by Lane Kiffin, and committed in spring of 2016 when Daboll was in New England. The Tua recruitment process was quite a story, Bama had signed Fromm, Tua wanted Oregon because of Mariota etc. And I've never heard that Daboll convinced Saban to make the switch, its always been Saban's call.
I dont dislike Daboll because he's from the Belechick tree, that doesnt matter to me. What I dont like about the hire is that the guy didnt do anything as a QB developer in the NFL until Josh Allen. And I dont think Daboll just figured it out and worked magic, no I think Allen is an incredible talent that the NFL just missed on.
Agreed. Coordinators often get too much credit. Look at the players. If they can get great results with less, then sure. Most can’t. Consistency needs to be taken into account too.

I’ll tell you after the draft if Daboll succeeds. If he drafts a QB that is an upgrade over Jones, Pickett maybe, then I think he has a shot. If he thinks he’s turning Jones into a top QB he won’t get that team far.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Agreed. Coordinators often get too much credit. Look at the players. If they can get great results with less, then sure. Most can’t.
I think the thinking about Daboll with the Giants is less about him being any kind of true QB whisperer than it is about possibly finding something that fits Jones.
They have very similar athletic profiles.. but Allen weighs about 15-20 pounds more. I wonder if they'll try to have Jones put on a few to be able to take more of a beating.
He had that nasty concussion shot this year, so.. we'll see if they can develop a run-threat offense around him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also a Bronco's fan pointed out that Evero was best man at Hacketts wedding so we are probably losing him to DC in Denver. Added bonus he's familiar with the whole Fangio/Staley scheme.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That's fair, but we'll see how it plays out because if he develops Jones, that might change your mind and I actually believe that Jones can be effective, if he can limit his turnovers.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Also a Bronco's fan pointed out that Evero was best man at Hacketts wedding so we are probably losing him to DC in Denver. Added bonus he's familiar with the whole Fangio/Staley scheme.
Oh I believe Evero is gone and again I hope the Rams interview former Bears DC Sean Desai. Desai before being DC was a Safety & Secondary coach, has no ties to Morris, but he's familiar with Fangio's style of defense.

Rams could also split the Secondary again with possibility of hiring a Safety coach and promoting Jonathan Cooley to Cornerbacks coach.