OFFICIAL 2022 NFL coaching carousel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Interview 2 coaches that work with Rodgers to get them in as the first step in trying to get Rodgers to come to your team. Bold strategy Cotton.
Yeah not hard to connect the dots on what they're up to is it. :laugh4:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Our scheme isn't very complex. As McVay says, it's an illusion of complexity.
More complex than many others. Maybe its not complex for him to coach it, although I'd argue that McVay still makes bad play calls. But if its not complex and Goff had mastered it, then he shouldn't have struggled at times. I'm going to leave it at that. I could get into all of the details of why the trade, but you already have heard them and I don't want to hijack the thread.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think a lot of these "Head Coach" interviews are really circumnavigating the approval process for potential lateral move opportunities. For example, the Broncos could interview O'Connell for HC, where they really think he could be an OC for them. They hire a HC, who may have already intimated interest in O'C, the team may have had follow ups with KOC as well. So now they dont have to request permission to interview him for the role, it's already taken place. Now the Rams of course would still be able to block a move there, but its a different look to block an interview versus blocking a full job offer.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think a lot of these "Head Coach" interviews are really circumnavigating the approval process for potential lateral move opportunities. For example, the Broncos could interview O'Connell for HC, where they really think he could be an OC for them. They hire a HC, who may have already intimated interest in O'C, the team may have had follow ups with KOC as well. So now they dont have to request permission to interview him for the role, it's already taken place. Now the Rams of course would still be able to block a move there, but its a different look to block an interview versus blocking a full job offer.
O'Connell can still interview and talk about Jobs though. He's not excluded. The bigger problem is that this can go on during the playoffs or even Superbowl. But I guess these things could have been happening behind the scenes for years and we just weren't aware. Maybe the league figure its like the legal tampering phase of free agency. It was happening anyway. They just couldn't prove it when it was handshake deals. So they act like they control it.

Did O'Connell have any other suitors besides Staley last year?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
O'Connell can still interview and talk about Jobs though. He's not excluded. The bigger problem is that this can go on during the playoffs or even Superbowl. But I guess these things could have been happening behind the scenes for years and we just weren't aware. Maybe the league figure its like the legal tampering phase of free agency. It was happening anyway. They just couldn't prove it when it was handshake deals. So they act like they control it.

Did O'Connell have any other suitors besides Staley last year?
That was my point, he can interview for "Head Coach" positions. He cant interview for an OC position without permission. O'Connell didnt have any suitors, the Rams blocked him from interviewing.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Pederson is in high demand and for good reason Bears usually take their time plus they have to hire a GM too. Be interesting to see where Pederson lands.
The Eagles went down hill after Pederson lost Reich. Suddenly the Colts got better after getting Reich. I’m not a big believer in Pederson.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn’t Harbaugh say he felt good about the Bears? Seems they are doing a lot of searching, while Harbaugh was a perceived shoe-in
I think I heard he said that yes and he said the same about the Raiders but not sure I'd agree with that feeling about the Raiders.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm honestly shocked that Flores got fired. He's probably one of the few defensive coordinators who can think from an offensive perspective; the fact that he advocated trading for Watson (while it's risky, given his legal issues) over sticking with Tua shows that he gets it and that the Dolphins don't. I like Tua, but I don't think he'll ever live up to his top ten billing, and I don't think he'll ever be a better player than Watson.

I'd go all Angel of Death, and kill my first born son (not that I'd ever have any children, but I'm speaking solely for emphasis) for a McVay/Flores comb for the next decade.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Eagles went down hill after Pederson lost Reich. Suddenly the Colts got better after getting Reich. I’m not a big believer in Pederson.
He might have coached the game of his life in the Super Bowl or that might have been more Reich than Pederson, but he's still a Super Bowl winning coach that beat Belichick and there are not many of those around.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He might have coached the game of his life in the Super Bowl or that might have been more Reich than Pederson, but he's still a Super Bowl winning coach that beat Belichick and there are not many of those around.
I need to see better results sans Reich to be convinced

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
didn't rams players want vermeil gone after two seasons?

I've heard some did but I've also heard from some that his tough love was exactly what they needed. I've yet to hear anybody say that about Judge but it might come out in the end.