OFFICIAL 2022 NFL Arrests/Lawsuits/Legal Stuff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Well, this is bad... Yaqub Talib wanted....

While Aqib is not personally implicated here... it certainly is not good reflection that his brother apparently killed a youth football coach. Sad.
Turned himself in apparently. A youth sporting event where someone decides it's worth ending someone's life over a disagreement or perceived slight. Pathetic. Too many "adults" with child like mentality with guns who have to fall back to shooting someone because their too stupid and immature to handle life and their own insecurities. Or just too cowardly. Maybe a mix of all?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
New Footage Shows Aqib Talib ‘Just Feet’ Away From His Brother Allegedly Shooting Coach To Death

Former NFL star Aqib Talib was just feet from the gunman -- allegedly his older brother, Yaqub Talib -- when a fight at a youth football game turned into a fatal shooting over the weekend, new video obtained by TMZ Sports shows.

More;

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
New Footage Shows Aqib Talib ‘Just Feet’ Away From His Brother Allegedly Shooting Coach To Death

Former NFL star Aqib Talib was just feet from the gunman -- allegedly his older brother, Yaqub Talib -- when a fight at a youth football game turned into a fatal shooting over the weekend, new video obtained by TMZ Sports shows.

More;

wow, so aqib was fighting with the deceased and yaqub waited until he had a clean shot then moved in and fired multiple shots into the poor guy.

i don't get it. why kill the guy? it looked like a predetermined decision by him to me.

Psycho_X

Legend

More;

wow, so aqib was fighting with the deceased and yaqub waited until he had a clean shot then moved in and fired multiple shots into the poor guy.

i don't get it. why kill the guy? it looked like a predetermined decision by him to me.

Just ridiculous, I can't even process the thought of shooting someone as a solution to an argument in general let alone at a youth event. Hope he's prepared for life in jail without his safety blanket. Idiot.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

The article states, that Aquib was NOT involved in the violence, but ran after his brother that pulled the gun.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How do you put yourself into that situation? When you grow up an realize that there are life changing consequences by getting into any fights with other adults. It's better to walk away and lose an argument than fighting with fists or worse. I have never killed anybody in my life and I'd like to keep it that way if possible.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How do you put yourself into that situation? When you grow up an realize that there are life changing consequences by getting into any fights with other adults. It's better to walk away and lose an argument than fighting with fists or worse. I have never killed anybody in my life and I'd like to keep it that way if possible.
I don't even honk my horn anymore when someone cuts me off or runs a stop sign. I don't have time for road rage at my age.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Turned himself in apparently. A youth sporting event where someone decides it's worth ending someone's life over a disagreement or perceived slight. Pathetic. Too many "adults" with child like mentality with guns who have to fall back to shooting someone because their too stupid and immature to handle life and their own insecurities. Or just too cowardly. Maybe a mix of all?

My kid had a Dick for his first youth football coach. Linc was the best player on the field but the coach kept playing his son and his friends sons in prime spots. He was a total ass the whole time too. It was very difficult to not get into it with the guy.

dang

Legend
My kid had a Dick for his first youth football coach. Linc was the best player on the field but the coach kept playing his son and his friends sons in prime spots. He was a total ass the whole time too. It was very difficult to not get into it with the guy.
That’s unfortunately how it is. Just about every little league coach gets his son on the all star team first and foremost.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That’s unfortunately how it is. Just about every little league coach gets his son on the all star team first and foremost.
This guy is very short. I’m guessing 5-5. He had a huge chip on his shoulder, so he was not going to be told what to do. Even the assistants were telling him to move Lincoln to a spot where he can make plays.

In the end the kids that got everything handed to them are playing JV in high school and Lincoln started as a freshman. But it would have been nice for him to enjoy his time in youth sports.

Psycho_X

Legend

Nepotism is alive and well in the world and it goes well beyond sports and into the real world too unfortunately. And while the guy might be a dick and deserve a bit of a punch to the face most adults like yourself know better and let it go... if they can't than pick a fight away from the children. But bringing a gun to a little league game and then deciding shooting a coach because you disagree with him? Just beyond my comprehension.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Nepotism is alive and well in the world and it goes well beyond sports and into the real world too unfortunately. And while the guy might be a dick and deserve a bit of a punch to the face most adults like yourself know better and let it go... if they can't than pick a fight away from the children. But bringing a gun to a little league game and then deciding shooting a coach because you disagree with him? Just beyond my comprehension.
Not arguing with that. But I do understand the frustration. I haven’t even gone into detail of the lengths that this guy went to humiliate my son in front of all of his friends. He’s complete scum.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not arguing with that. But I do understand the frustration. I haven’t even gone into detail of the lengths that this guy went to humiliate my son in front of all of his friends. He’s complete scum.14
It's actually sad that it takes place, but a very close confidant of mine who was a Little League President stated that now you get it from all sides including mother's today too.

I really never coached youth sports besides taking over for my sister's softball team years ago when I was a young teen, but I was fortunate to not deal with that as a kid because I made sure I played positions nobody else wanted to play, Catcher, Center & Goalie in Hockey.

I experienced it with my nephew who did get a baseball scholarship to a small school, but this is an area that will never please everyone due to the fact, when it comes to your kids you want the best for them. If they are not as good, you still think everyone should play and if they are better, you think they should play all of the time.

Again, when it came to my son or daughter I never got involved I would only get involved when their coaches didn't understand the rules of the game and that happened more often then not. Overall it's a slippery slope, but there are certain things people take personally and that's why as a youth coach being transparent and ensuring great communication is key, but it's not easy no matter how you slice it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It's actually sad that it takes place, but a very close confidant of mine who was a Little League President stated that now you get it from all sides including mother's today too.

I really never coached youth sports besides taking over for my sister's softball team years ago when I was a young teen, but I was fortunate to not deal with that as a kid because I made sure I played positions nobody else wanted to play, Catcher, Center & Goalie in Hockey.

I experienced it with my nephew who did get a baseball scholarship to a small school, but this is an area that will never please everyone due to the fact, when it comes to your kids you want the best for them. If they are not as good, you still think everyone should play and if they are better, you think they should play all of the time.

Again, when it came to my son or daughter I never got involved I would only get involved when their coaches didn't understand the rules of the game and that happened more often then not. Overall it's a slippery slope, but there are certain things people take personally and that's why as a youth coach being transparent and ensuring great communication is key, but it's not easy no matter how you slice it.
It was very difficult to hold back and not speak up. Unfortunately we’ve dealt with other coaches that also had no business coaching kids. I kept the score book for his Little League team. To get on the All-Star team the league went by stats. I always wondered why he insisted that I give him the book back after games. So one day toward the seasons end I looked back through the book and noticed a lot of erasures. He was giving his kid hits to inflate his batting average to ensure his kid made it onto the All-Star team as a starter instead of an alternate. SMH.

Junior High and then High School has been so nice. I’m glad to be done with youth sports.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Junior High and then High School has been so nice. I’m glad to be done with youth sports.
IMO, it's become very convoluted over the years. When I was younger I admired my coaches in Little League, Babe Ruth, Pop Warner, etc. Probably encourage me to coach later on, but now like many things it's political as so it appears.

I saw it with my nephew, but my sister & brother-in-law compounded the issues. Funny story the only time I ever said anything was, my nephew was on a very good team, but the coach who was "supposedly" a friend was not playing him or pitching him either.

My sister & brother-in-law got him moved to a different team that was not as good and my nephew has to face that very team a couple of days later. I told him that the team he left was more talented and just go out there and do his best, my nephew pitched and struck out 10 plus hit a two run homer to win the game 2-0. I said to the coach of the better team when it was over, "You traded Babe Ruth." My nephew still talks about that to this day, the only time he heard his Uncle say anything when it came to little league.