49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Cowherd always says, "if stuff 'gets out', it's because somebody wanted it to get out". Getting it out there that there's still going to be a QB competition between a first round pick and a guy the team is desperately trying to trade might be to light a fire under the first round pick and get him to work a little harder. OR to garner a bit more interest from teams in need of a starting QB.
This pretty much sums up Garoppolo's career with the whiners.

Jimmy-G-niners-meme-1024x719.jpg

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
He will be a whiner.... Even more than he is now. He'll be a whiny whiner.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
At this point, all we know is Deebo supposedly wants out. If true what is he saying about S.F. and the QB situation. Does he think there is no shot at a Super Bowl so why stay? Has he given up on that idea? If traded he likely goes to a worse team.

Maybe the hit Scott laid on him has him reconsidering if it’s worth playing hard and just wants to collect.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
I think Debo has outplayed his rookie deal.. He is in 4th year of contract and due to make
4.8 mil this year. He is a dual position weapon and has proven to be far more valuable
than his current deal.
But 25mil a year? not sure about that. I do think he is a core player that the 9er's can't afford to
let go. As a Ram fan I hope they pay him everything he wants.
Deebo is great, that said, giving a top dollar long term WR contract is incredibly risky.
I see Deebo as half WR/half RB. He is a top WR because of that play style.
I see a Gurley type contract risk, or more likely Deebo starts to play like other WRs to extend his career, and being quite a bit less effective.
Glad Rams don't have the problem.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The Deebo Samuel situation is interesting. The evil-Niners pay their stars; and the pairing of Samuel and Shanahan seems perfect.

Until reliable reporting comes out (if it does), we can only speculate but speculating is fun this time of year.

Perhaps the Niners are seeking to classify Samuel as something other than a pure-WR and began negotiations well-below the top of the quickly expanding WR market.

Samuel’s reps may be arguing that Debo is much more than a pure-WR, and that should place him at-or-above the top of the WR pay scale.

dang

Legend
And now he's come out and said it was a joke. Only joke is the Niners and their fans :D
What is this “we” Tyquan refers to? Is he his brothers agent or a Deebo hanger on? Either way it definitely doesn’t help any negotiation.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So much conflicting stuff coming out with Dweebo. Its gotta be driving their fans crazy. :laugh4: