49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
This is the thing....Shanny is a very good coach.
He is going to put Lance is good positions and will put in situations that are good for his skill set.
I don't think he will be a bust.
But, it is a long stretch from first start to quality, consistent starter....in almost all cases. Herbert and a few other exceptions aside.
A very good coach who chokes in the biggest moments, dinks and dunks on offense and allows his defensive players to be low down “cheap shots”. None of these things are what I want to see leading my team. So fuck Coach Ratboy, the 69ers and their POS excuse- laden followers. The only good thing I can think of to say is SF is a cool city to visit but I wouldn’t want to or be able to live there. So to borrow and twist from Joan Jett “I love myself for hating you”.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Lance has been all over the tv today looking like everything Garapalo isn’t. They’re saying with Shanny pulling his strings the 9ers will be formidable.
What does ROD think?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I think ROD has been talking plenty today about it. I'd say he fared well. I would have liked to have seen him run through more of his reads rather than keying on a hot route.

That will tell you more about a QB who fires at the first option.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
After seeing them all fall over theirselves about Jimmie G at the beginning I will wait and see like always.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh. Lets see what he does when AD is breathing down his neck.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That throwing motion has AD and all other DL who will face him, drooling.

LA1980

UDFA
I think he is going to be bad. He’ll fool things for a bit because he is not afraid, can run, and has Shanahan. But he has a horrible throwing motion and is wildly erratic and inaccurate. The league will figure out his tricks, and once they do, he’s done.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Lance has been all over the tv today looking like everything Garapalo isn’t. They’re saying with Shanny pulling his strings the 9ers will be formidable.
What does ROD think?
Color me skeptical.

dang

Legend
Preseason means nothing other than allowing teams to pick their best 53 out of their 90.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think ROD has been talking plenty today about it. I'd say he fared well. I would have liked to have seen him run through more of his reads rather than keying on a hot route.

That will tell you more about a QB who fires at the first option.
Yup he's just about the entire discussion in the Whiner thread :D

MOD EDIT: Threads merged.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
This is the thing....Shanny is a very good coach.
He is going to put Lance is good positions and will put in situations that are good for his skill set.
I don't think he will be a bust.
But, it is a long stretch from first start to quality, consistent starter....in almost all cases. Herbert and a few other exceptions aside.

He's good a scheming up plays. Not sure he could hold a candle to McVay's leadership and people skills.

In terms of Lance, for me it always comes back to one basic fact; This isn't the NBA, where you can go from high school to the pros.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
He's good a scheming up plays. Not sure he could hold a candle to McVay's leadership and people skills.

In terms of Lance, for me it always comes back to one basic fact; This isn't the NBA, where you can go from high school to the pros.
Shanny is a great X and O’s guy - but a terrible leader. In essence he reminds me a lot of Mad Mike and we all know how that went.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The thing is that Shanny's ability to design stuff to take advantage of Lance and the other weapons is a real thing, whether we like it or not.
Lance is going to make some huge plays this year with his arm and legs. The question, to me, is how consistent he'll be and whether he will be able to take care of the ball. I do think they'll have more three-and-outs.. but they'll have a shit ton more explosive plays. Aiyuk is absolutely tearing ass in camp.. adding to a group of good weapons.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If nothing else does this will give Rams fans those warm fuzzy feelings.

View: https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1559345639720452100

3fb2yz.jpg

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
What does ROD think?

I think he's a starter playing against most players who won't be in the NFL on opening day. We can extrapolate from that. :)

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Developing a scheme that plays to lance’s strengths should not be difficult for his HC, especially given the weapons the 9ers have for support.
The problem is that the offense won’t always “be in sunshine”.

Down 2 scores? 2 minute drills? Missing key personnel?

What happens after a 1rst down holding call and it’s now 1rst and 20? That’s real life in the nfl. Run or pass, if you get nothing on 1rst down and you’re looking at 2nd 20, it’s game on. Even a draw play that nets 10 yards still leaves you at 3rd and 10.
Screen pass, anybody?

No, they might end up having to “forfeit” a lot of possessions to avoid potential catastrophe until lance develops.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Developing a scheme that plays to lance’s strengths should not be difficult for his HC, especially given the weapons the 9ers have for support.
The problem is that the offense won’t always “be in sunshine”.

Down 2 scores? 2 minute drills? Missing key personnel?

What happens after a 1rst down holding call and it’s now 1rst and 20? That’s real life in the nfl. Run or pass, if you get nothing on 1rst down and you’re looking at 2nd 20, it’s game on. Even a draw play that nets 10 yards still leaves you at 3rd and 10.
Screen pass, anybody?

No, they might end up having to “forfeit” a lot of possessions to avoid potential catastrophe until lance develops.

What deft analysis! :clap::trophy::bullseye::blub: