49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty strong words from Silver.

Apparently its mostly his accuracy that is inconsistent. It’s okay, accuracy isn’t that important.

:laugh4:
Haters gonna hate! ~Niner homer

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is just another example of takes needing to be extreme. He is right to observe that there are reasons to be concerned. He's right that the 9ers are probably concerned, at least the staff has to be. Short of a situation where the young QB is blowing them out of the water and there's a strong belief system built up in-house (like say Kurt Warner), you are of course going to be concerned playing a guy with high high's and low low's.

But they don't have any real choice here because the Rams hit on that QB change. They know as Stafford settles in things will be in the Rams favor and had to do something. They need to play the second year QB and try to get him online and basically they're trusting in Shanahan to work some miracles in minimizing his shortcomings.

So still a chance this guy ends up being a good player. But boy does this look good from where we're sitting. :part:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is just another example of takes needing to be extreme. He is right to observe that there are reasons to be concerned. He's right that the 9ers are probably concerned, at least the staff has to be. Short of a situation where the young QB is blowing them out of the water and there's a strong belief system built up in-house (like say Kurt Warner), you are of course going to be concerned playing a guy with high high's and low low's.

But they don't have any real choice here because the Rams hit on that QB change. They know as Stafford settles in things will be in the Rams favor and had to do something. They need to play the second year QB and try to get him online and basically they're trusting in Shanahan to work some miracles in minimizing his shortcomings.

So still a chance this guy ends up being a good player. But boy does this look good from where we're sitting. :part:
Quit being so negative!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Pretty strong words from Silver.

Apparently its mostly his accuracy that is inconsistent. It’s okay, accuracy isn’t that important.

:laugh4:
Shanahan's gonna have to call the kind of plays to protect Lance from himself in order to avoid mistakes. Quick outs. WR screens. Short over the middle to Deebo or Kittle. Avoid throwing the difficult passes to the deep sidelines. In other words, turn him into Jimmy Garoppolo.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Shanahan's gonna have to call the kind of plays to protect Lance from himself in order to avoid mistakes. Quick outs. WR screens. Short over the middle to Deebo or Kittle. Avoid throwing the difficult passes to the deep sidelines. In other words, turn him into Jimmy Garoppolo.
I think he'll struggle at that, at least initially. While JimmyG is certainly flawed, one of his strengths was he got rid of the ball quickly (2.67 seconds on average in 2021). That is not a strength of Lance's (3.12 seconds). I expect that, while he'll do some damage with his legs, he will also get sacked a lot due to this aspect of his game.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think he'll struggle at that, at least initially. While JimmyG is certainly flawed, one of his strengths was he got rid of the ball quickly (2.67 seconds on average in 2021). That is not a strength of Lance's (3.12 seconds). I expect that, while he'll do some damage with his legs, he will also get sacked a lot due to this aspect of his game.
49er fans will tell you he's the next coming of Joe Montana. But they once said that about Garoppolo. They can really be a delusional fan base. Other people are saying Lance doesn't process things during a play like he should. Is it because he's inexperienced and just needs more time? Time will tell. There are certain things the good QB's do that are just instinctual. Does he have those instincts? There are some doubters about that.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
49er fans will tell you he's the next coming of Joe Montana. But they once said that about Garoppolo. They can really be a delusional fan base. Other people are saying Lance doesn't process things during a play like he should. Is it because he's inexperienced and just needs more time? Time will tell. There are certain things the good QB's do that are just instinctual. Does he have those instincts? There are some doubters about that.

Did you see his first TD. I just hope he doesn’t turn out to be like a Steph Curry type of player that does have that crazy instinct & hard work ethic.

Shanahan is into himself. Mac Jones is & was the best pure QB in the 2021 draft.

I’m going to say though that that 2021 NFL draft could go down as the best NFL QB of All-Time?

You can look up the names,I
Just think about the Texans QB Mills from Stanford that pulls those 1st rd picks that much tighter. He was a steal.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://twitter.com/grantcohn/status/1553090904033939456

thisgonnabegood-prepare.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh and btw is Grant Cohn still a media pass type for the shitters? Because it must suck having a guy reporting that wants to shit on the team. I don't blame him btw. But still damn.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Oh and btw is Grant Cohn still a media pass type for the shitters? Because it must suck having a guy reporting that wants to shit on the team. I don't blame him btw. But still damn.
Bill Plaschke: Hold my beer

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've read a lot of Niner fans just can't stand the dude. He is overly negative about everybody and keeps changing positions on players it seems he's pro or anti Jimmy G depending on the direction of the wind :D

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Personally, I really want the "Trey Lance is Struggling and Does Not Look Good" Narrative to be accurate. However, I need it to come from a more reliable and reputable source than Grant Cohn.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've read a lot of Niner fans just can't stand the dude. He is overly negative about everybody and keeps changing positions on players it seems he's pro or anti Jimmy G depending on the direction of the wind :D
Yeah I don't doubt that. But I think it's a bad look when a team's players intimidate a member of the press. Bad business. Team should have pulled his pass or handled the business, should not be the players. Makes me feel like they're a low class organization and that's beside the fact I fucking hate everything about them.