49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whenever I'm feeling bummed out or depressed, I watch one of those "Whiner fan reaction" videos.

They always cheer me up.
Sad Arrested Development GIF
I know.

I watch a lot of YouTube and alot of 49er reaction videos from after the NFCCG keep popping into my recommendeds, and I watch every single one. It's like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

This is soooo juicy and enjoyable for Rams fans. The 49’ers are ready to win now… and they are stuck in this awkward QB situation.

:laugh4:

It’s hard to say on Lance, we haven’t seen him… but the 49’ers are telling us all we need to know by clinging onto Jimmy and waffling around with this odd non-committed stance on Lance.

They speak strongly in this PODcast about working on Lance’s mechanics and poor accuracy. This is the first I heard about him having arm fatigue trying to adjust his throwing motion. Lance “needing days off to recover”.

They also speculate that Deebo wants his deal done before Lance takes over and kills his market. Pure speculation, but the PODcast ends with Mike Silver saying there are other reasons he can share in “due time”.

The 49’ers are a powder keg… they will blow one way or another.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is soooo juicy and enjoyable for Rams fans. The 49’ers are ready to win now… and they are stuck in this awkward QB situation.

:laugh4:

It’s hard to say on Lance, we haven’t seen him… but the 49’ers are telling us all we need to know by clinging onto Jimmy and waffling around with this odd non-committed stance on Lance.

They speak strongly in this PODcast about working on Lance’s mechanics and poor accuracy. This is the first I heard about him having arm fatigue trying to adjust his throwing motion. Lance “needing days off to recover”.

They also speculate that Deebo wants his deal done before Lance takes over and kills his market. Pure speculation, but the PODcast ends with Mike Silver saying there are other reasons he can share in “due time”.

The 49’ers are a powder keg… they will blow one way or another.
CGI be like......

[lmg]
View: https://i.imgur.com/DTsf3Di.pngp/img
]

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

Great point. A good example of this is the Chiefs with Mahomes who obviously knew what they had from practise etc and were decisive in moving on from Alex Smith (who was still playing well himself). Obviously Mahomes is a special case, but if Lance was ready, the 9ers would know and Jimmy G would be outta town already.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
A big reason Crappole is still stuck on the whiners is the late shoulder surgery that he decided to have. He can't even throw yet from what I heard recently.

Nobody is going to trade for him until he can pass a physical.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A big reason Crappole is still stuck on the whiners is the late shoulder surgery that he decided to have. He can't even throw yet from what I heard recently.

This definitely impacted his market. But, Carolina probably could wait at this point, right? They chose not to, or liked Baker better.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Plus he'll have to stay up all night to study in order to pass his physical, because even his Grandmother admits "It's a good thing he's so handsome."

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This definitely impacted his market. But, Carolina probably could wait at this point, right? They chose not to, or liked Baker better.

Baker better??? LOLOLOLOL Nah

Crappole's price will also be "real" I'm guessing.

My real hope is that Lance is ass and they know they shit the bed.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
This is the problem for 9ers with that trade. Even if he is good and be the man, how long will it take him to be good enough for him to win a SB? They are built to win right now - not a few years from now. Timing is bad fit for their roster.

Imagine if they traded for Stafford instead. Is there any question at all that staff with them would be champs last year? And favorites this year? Thank God they did not and we did.

From an article earlier in the off season -

"A day after general manager John Lynch told reporters he doesn't foresee a future in which the Niners feel obligated to release
Garoppolo, coach Kyle Shanahan followed suit, telling reporters they aren't going to part ways with
Garoppolo just to save salary-cap space, even if Trey Lance is ready to take over.

"That's why we looked into trading Jimmy," Shanahan said Tuesday from the NFL's Annual League Meeting in Palm Beach, Florida. "Because we obviously believe Trey can be a starter and we're ready to do that. But if we can't upgrade our team in another way, we're not going to just get rid of a good quarterback because we have other quarterbacks on the roster. Quarterbacks are really hard to come by, some teams don't have any at all, and the fact that we have three that we're happy with, that is a good thing.
"You always want to upgrade your team and usually only one guy could play, and we know we have all guys that are capable of starting, which, Jimmy's done a great job for us. We brought Trey here to do that eventually, and I think that will be sooner (rather) than later. But when Jimmy gets his surgery and we can't upgrade our team by getting some good picks, until surgery, until people feel good about that, I'm alright with that we're not just going to get rid of him to get rid of him."

If he stays, their QB room is a real strength going into this season.

dang

Legend
This is the problem for 9ers with that trade. Even if he is good and be the man, how long will it take him to be good enough for him to win a SB? They are built to win right now - not a few years from now. Timing is bad fit for their roster.

Imagine if they traded for Stafford instead. Is there any question at all that staff with them would be champs last year? And favorites this year? Thank God they did not and we did.
Coach Ratboy (sneaky, dink/funk, cheap shot bastard) or King Midas (innovative, balls to the wall, NFL prophet). Stafford was destined to play for McVay and the Rams.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am beginning to wonder if we will see a split QB scenario from Shanahan where some plays are designed for Lance, and others are designed for Jimmy/

You can't teach accuracy. And Trey lance is inaccurate.
And....Lance is not the only one lacking in the accuracy department as he and three out of the five highly touted prospects seem to have accuracy issues as well. M. Jones was the best at 67.6 in completion percentage while the other four were all below 60%. Doesn't bode well for the Whiners, Jags, Bears, and Jets long term but the Pats look to be sitting pretty! (Unfortunately!!!)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
For me the difference in the two is I know Garoppolo is unlikely to win it all with a great team around him. Baker I think there's still some question, where maybe he can.

Of course Baker has a lower floor too. Jimmy's floor would be he's an excellent backup. Baker might rock out still.

If it was me and I had to have someone holding it down Jimmy's probably the smart choice but I'd still opt for Baker.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
For me the difference in the two is I know Garoppolo is unlikely to win it all with a great team around him. Baker I think there's still some question, where maybe he can.

Of course Baker has a lower floor too. Jimmy's floor would be he's an excellent backup. Baker might rock out still.

If it was me and I had to have someone holding it down Jimmy's probably the smart choice but I'd still opt for Baker.
I really thought Mayfield would be a very good QB, but I’m out on him now. I don’t think he’s got the leadership qualities needed to take a team to a Super Bowl or deep into the playoffs. He had the Oline, RBs, receivers and good enough defense to make some noise but that crap with OBJ and claiming he doesn’t fit the offense sounded personal. There is no place for that on a team.

From all accounts Jimmy Gs teammates love him.