49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm not sure about the Niners defense being ranked that high over the last 2 years, but then again they rank these defenses by several different categories. But 3rd and 5th? I'm too lazy to look it up.
Their D was incredible down the stretch.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Their D was incredible down the stretch.
Yes it was. Their linebackers, especially that new kid, really came on strong. However, we were talking about the past two years.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yes it was. Their linebackers, especially that new kid, really came on strong. However, we were talking about the past two years.
They were 5th in yards in 20.
They've had a good D for a few years.
I do hope Kinlaw is a bust... because DJ Jones was definitely a loss for them.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter

The 49ers possibly move closer to a much-needed Jimmy Garoppolo resolution​

Posted by Mike Florio on May 25, 2022, 12:49 PM EDT

The 49ers continue to work through the offseason program without quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. They’re waiting for him to get healthy. When he’s healthy, they expect something to materialize that currently doesn’t exist.

A trade market.

Look carefully at what coach Kyle Shanahan said on Tuesday about Garoppolo: “Nothing’s changed since the [shoulder] surgery, we knew where we were at before that, and then he got the surgery, so everything went on hold. I expect him at some time, most likely to be traded, but who knows? It’s not a guarantee and it’s been exactly on hold when that happened. And when he is healthy, we’ll see what happens.”

Twice in that comment, Shanahan said it’s “on hold.” This implies there’s another party holding. That there’s another team that was ready to trade for Garoppolo before he underwent shoulder surgery — and that the team has yet to otherwise address its needs at the position.

There aren’t many teams that would fit this description. The list potentially begins and ends with the Panthers. Maybe the Texans are waiting for a chance to get Garoppolo. Beyond those two teams, who else is there? (Surely, the 49ers wouldn’t trade him to Seattle.)

Regardless of whether there’s a team waiting to trade for Garoppolo (who is due to make $25 million in the final year of his contract), Shanahan used the term “most likely.” That’s a high degree of confidence. If a trade doesn’t materialize, then what?

Will they cut him? When? After Trey Lance proves he’s ready to start and the 49ers try to squeeze Garoppolo to take less money to stay as the backup? At that point, it may be too late for Garoppolo to find another option.

That’s why the sooner something happens, the better for Garoppolo. As previously explained, he needs to ditch the nice-guy routine. They seem to be using his good nature again him, knowing that he won’t upset the applecart, even if the apples already should be all over the ground.

So where will it go from here? First, Garoppolo has to get healthy. After that, it becomes simple. Trade him. Keep him. Cut him.

Garoppolo’s main objective should be to avoid the worst-case scenario — they’ll keep him until just before his salary becomes guaranteed, and they’ll cut him at a time when it becomes difficult if not impossible to find another job for 2022. At some point, he needs to stand up and make sure that doesn’t happen.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Goddam that Kinlaw’s sensitive as fuck.

You don’t know me. Quit playin with me, then
You don’t know me. Quit playin with me, followed by
You don’t know me. Quit playin with me, with some
My balls are bigger than yours, then back to
You don’t know me. Quit playin with me.

What was most impressive was how he articulated all that with his mouth full the entire time.

Honestly, the reporter is a douchenozzle as well. Not that Kinlaw isn't, but both of those two deserve each other. Imagine having this loser as your reporter instead of Jourdan.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Honestly, the reporter is a douche-nozzle as well. Not that Kinlaw isn't, but both of those two deserve each other. Imagine having this loser as your reporter instead of Jourdan.
It's kind-of-like the Johnny Depp / Amber Heard litigation. People can disagree who is the bigger asshole but they are pretty-much both giant assholes ... or douche-bags if you prefer.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That's a waste of money for a supposedly, first year starter. Maybe the real story is that people are putting their money on Josh Allen, or even Stafford in his second year with McVay. The Chiefs traded Hill and the Packers traded Adams. That's two good reasons not to pick either.
If I was going to lay any bet this offseason it would be Stafford for MVP. I am certain he is going to win it this year.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Actually, they were still awesome.

The Rams were just better.

I know they weren't good enough to stop us when it counted most. And we were good enough to stop them when it counted most.