49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Didn't San Francisco only give up one second round pick for Garapolo? Do they think he's gotten better while there (2 full games 42/59, 71%, 4 tds, no ints)? Is he younger? Has he been healthier? Is he cheaper? Are there more QB needy teams now? I'd answer 'no' to all of the above. I'd argue that he was more valuable the first time he was traded.
I was thinking a 4th rounder.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
For a top 15 pick he's been a shitter. Two years in and gets handled rather routinely by OL. So the tough guy act looks to me like him taking out his frustrations on a guy he thinks he can intimidate. Kind of disgusting actually. You gotta be a little fucked in the head to be a grown man pulling that shit.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stay classy SF:

Sounds like a real POS. Plus, the Side Show Bob hair is distracting.

season 6 side show bob GIF

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That was both painful and entertaining.

Kinlaw is a talent; and, if he can stay healthy, could be an impact player. However, right now, I am very happy the Rams have Robinson and Gaines next to that "other-guy" on the D-Line.
So far he was a college talent. He's still got to prove he's A talented pro

ausmurp

Starter
I for one am a little worried about the Niners this year. They were very good and healthy last year, and Shannihan, like McVay, has had a lot of success in later draft rounds - I'd say they're the 2 best teams at drafting.

So flip the script and the Rams trade up to draft a QB... We would be confident McVay made his choice and there's a > 50% chance I would say, that QB would not be a bust and would probably be amazing. So flip it back and that is what the Niners did, the second best team in the NFL at drafting.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Javon Kinlaw was the 14th overall pick in 2020.
I believe the Niners traded Deforest Buckner to the Colts just before picking Kinlaw in the first round. They figured they were replacing Buckner with equal talent. Meanwhile, Buckner has played like an all-pro the last two years, and Kinlaw is (see above) hardly playing at all and completely embarrassing the Niner's organization. HA! Nice work by GM Lynch and Shanny. Lastly, in their infinite wisdom, they decided to pay DT Erik Armstead 85 million instead. This is the guy who only had 1 good year... his contract year! And since then has not done anything special. The Niners traded away an all-pro and got two JAGS instead with inflated contracts.

It's a good time to be a Ram fan.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I for one am a little worried about the Niners this year. They were very good and healthy last year, and Shannihan, like McVay, has had a lot of success in later draft rounds - I'd say they're the 2 best teams at drafting.

So flip the script and the Rams trade up to draft a QB... We would be confident McVay made his choice and there's a > 50% chance I would say, that QB would not be a bust and would probably be amazing. So flip it back and that is what the Niners did, the second best team in the NFL at drafting.
Yeah as long as they have Shanny they have a chance. I don't think much of the pick, but because he's playing QB for Shanny who has beaten us with camp arms it probably doesn't matter.

But if he falls on his face this year and Jimmy G has to take the reins that would be really fuckin sweet. :hug:

I believe the Niners traded Deforest Buckner to the Colts just before picking Kinlaw in the first round. They figured they were replacing Buckner with equal talent. Meanwhile, Buckner has played like an all-pro the last two years, and Kinlaw is (see above) hardly playing at all and completely embarrassing the Niner's organization. HA! Nice work by GM Lynch and Shanny. Lastly, in their infinite wisdom, they decided to pay DT Erik Armstead 85 million instead. This is the guy who only had 1 good year... his contract year! And since then has not done anything special. The Niners traded away an all-pro and got two JAGS instead with inflated contracts.

It's a good time to be a Ram fan.
Meh....must be doing something right....since Buckner left their defense was ranked 5th and 3rd overall

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Their drafting has been pretty good overall but the Niners first round picks under Lynch haven't been great. Plus its hard to tell who wanted which QB. If the news stories are true, Shanahan wanted Mac Jones ( who they didn't need to trade up to three for ), and Lynch and the President or owner wanted Lance. But you are right. Its a bit early to write Lance off on such a good team.
Meh....must be doing something right....since Buckner left their defense was ranked 5th and 3rd overall
Team rankings don't equal one player's skill level. Armstead isn't too bad but it does appear that they traded the wrong guy. But I'd guess the Colts weren't offering a first round pick for Armstead.