49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Elijah Moore will be better than dweebo.

There's no way this stupid trade offer is real.

Yeah there's so many crazy "offers" going around. This like I said obviously isn't real because if it was the trade would be done and announced.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
It says a lot about the team culture when players want to leave and not stay. OBJ has gotten offers but IMO he's waiting to be signed by the Rams who have said publicly they want him. I expect him to be signed after the draft as to not affect their comps. I also expect Michel to be signed for the same reason.

Signing your own FA’s has no effect on the comp formula. So waiting until after the draft to sign OBJ or Michel (I don’t think we are bringing Michel back) is not related to the comp formula.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I know is Nick Scott wants some compensation from DeeBo’s contract if traded!

oldnotdead

Legend
Signing your own FA’s has no effect on the comp formula. So waiting until after the draft to sign OBJ or Michel (I don’t think we are bringing Michel back) is not related to the comp formula.

It is my understanding that it's based upon the number of FAs signed regardless of where they played the previous year. They are FA i.e. able to sign with anyone. IMO OBJ and perhaps Michel would apply as CFA. If they are signed after 4 pm on Monday they don't count otherwise they do count against the formula the NFL uses. ERA and Restricted FA aren't counted. They are tendered free agents. It's a grey area and IMO Snead is leaving no chance it would affect the compensatory equation. I always thought that it meant CFA acquired from other teams vs CFA lost to other teams. But that simple comma can change how it's interpreted. I've seen it applied as all CFA regardless of where they played the previous years. Remember these players no longer belong to any team.

IMO the interpretation is ambiguous and Snead is being very cautious and is right to do so. Those Comp Picks are an important part of how he plans his drafts each year.

From OTC:

Appendix V of the 2020 Collective Bargaining Agreement contains the binding bylaws of the compensatory pick system. App. V, §1 explains the basics as follows:

[A] Compensatory Free Agent (“CFA”) shall be defined as an Unrestricted Free Agent (“UFA”) who: (i) signed with a new Club during the prior free agency signing period […] prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the Monday following the NFL Draft for that League Year1 […]; and (ii) ranked within the top 35%2 of all League players […]. Clubs that lose to other Clubs a greater number of CFAs than they sign, or acquire from other Clubs shall be eligible to receive a Compensatory Draft Selection in the College Draft to be held in the following League Year subject to the provisions set forth below.

In plain English, if a team loses more players that qualify as CFAs than it signs during free agency, that team is eligible to be awarded compensatory picks in the following NFL draft.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
In this instance your understanding is incorrect.

The key wording in your excerpt is ‘lose players to other clubs’.

It is not a grey area. Clubs are able to sign their own FA’s without compromising the Comp formula.

In any case, you are correct with regard to the fact that come Monday, it doesn’t matter anymore.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Scrolling through my FB memories, found this little blurb:

'SF trades 3 picks to get a guy at 28 that would have been available later...WTH?'

This the hell:

The Tonight Show Idk GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I don't want them to trade him. Not for what they want. I want him on their team not playing RB and for top WR money.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
SF is bent over for a trade partner on a guy expecting big $, after a lot of teams have spent a good part of their budget already.

But, I guess they trade him tonight?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
NFLN is making good points.

Deebo is hard to trade, due to that contract demand. You can’t work that out on the clock.

They speculate they’ll work it out and he stays in SF.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NFLN is making good points.

Deebo is hard to trade, due to that contract demand. You can’t work that out on the clock.

They speculate they’ll work it out and he stays in SF.
Love it ~ Nick Scott

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Don't count on Rams re-signing OBJ any time soon. They'll wait until he shows good rehab and full recovery. No way to know til months from now if he'll even be able to see the field this year.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Of all people, I think Kyle Brandt had it best... Deebo is wanting top of the WR market money, but he's not a WR... he's a Deebo.

Dude's a bit of a hybrid in a hybridized scheme meant to maximize his output. It's in effect a system MADE for him to shine.

So, any other team just cannot look at Deebo as an X or Z. He's a slash player and unless you're going to use him that way, then you're only getting some lesser percentage of what he was in SF last year.

Moreover, if Deebo wants to be a pure WR, then he's got some work to do because he's not a pure WR from a technique standpoint. If anything, they specifically had him running IN PART because of the inefficacy of their run game for a number of reasons and IN PART because it was the easiest way to get him the ball. If the easiest way to get him the ball was to have him run routes and win against man or zone like Cooper Kupp, they'd do that.

So, it looks like Deebo is coming back and it also looks like Jimmy G is coming back for one year since he's got literally zero market rn and after the draft, it's kind of a trickle... Texans and Panthers are sniffing around, but we'll see how it goes.

Deebo is gonna want to be paid and I think SF is in a really shit position since Deebo both wants top WR money, to be used much less as a WR with the reality that the reason WHY he's so valuable is that he's a hybrid and that very thing won't let him play for that third contract like might happen with a pure WR.