49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Catch 22
Not worth the money if he's just a WR
Doesn't want to take the punishment RB requires.
Sucks to be him AND the 49ers

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SF is bent over for a trade partner on a guy expecting big $, after a lot of teams have spent a good part of their budget already.

But, I guess they trade him tonight?
No trade IMO and they sign him to an extension in July.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Catch 22
Not worth the money if he's just a WR
Doesn't want to take the punishment RB requires.
Sucks to be him AND the 49ers
I would say that Deboo isn't very self-aware. At the same time he is asking for top dollar, he is cutting his own legs out from under himself.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
In addition to all the good points already made, I think coaches and GMs around the league have so much respect for Shanahan as a play caller they know they won't be able to get the same production out of him. I assume any established team that could come close to similar production doesn't have the draft capital to go after him.

I know a lot of Niners fans have moved on from G-string Jimmy, but there are still plenty who need to get their head out of their ass and give their coach more credit for his success.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would say that Deboo isn't very self-aware. At the same time he is asking for top dollar, he is cutting his own legs out from under himself.
He did sort of fuck himself didn't he. The entire maneuver would have been better served early in the offseason while teams had cap room. Then the super high bar on the contract expectation means only shitty teams are the suitors.

Though if I were SF trading him to a shitty team would be the plan. :laugh4:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I have been looking at what our NFC West foes have been doing so far.

Here are the 49’ers selections. Any takes on these guys?

Round 2 (No. 61 overall) - Drake Jackson, LB/DE, USC: The Niners join the draft party and take the Trojans pass rusher. San Francisco values a deep group up front, but the 6-3 Jackson needs to figure out what his ideal playing weight is – 255? 275? – before he's able to serve as a nice change of pace opposite Nick Bosa. Draft tracker

Round 3 (93) - Ty Davis-Price, RB, LSU: At 6 feet, 211 pounds with 4.48 speed, he was a 1,000-yard rusher for the Tigers in 2021 and could slot in for RB2 duties for the Niners behind Elijah Mitchell with Raheem Mostert gone. Draft tracker

Round 3 (105, special compensatory) - Danny Gray, WR, SMU: At 6 feet, 186 pounds, he's no Deebo Samuel clone. But Gray's 4.3 speed could obviously add a new dimension to the Niners offense. Draft tracker

Round 4 (134)

Round 5 (172)

Round 6 (187, from Broncos)

Round 6 (220, compensatory)

Round 6 (221, compensatory)

Round 7 (262, compensatory)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have been looking at what our NFC West foes have been doing so far.

Here are the 49’ers selections. Any takes on these guys?

Round 2 (No. 61 overall) - Drake Jackson, LB/DE, USC: The Niners join the draft party and take the Trojans pass rusher. San Francisco values a deep group up front, but the 6-3 Jackson needs to figure out what his ideal playing weight is – 255? 275? – before he's able to serve as a nice change of pace opposite Nick Bosa. Draft tracker

Round 3 (93) - Ty Davis-Price, RB, LSU: At 6 feet, 211 pounds with 4.48 speed, he was a 1,000-yard rusher for the Tigers in 2021 and could slot in for RB2 duties for the Niners behind Elijah Mitchell with Raheem Mostert gone. Draft tracker

Round 3 (105, special compensatory) - Danny Gray, WR, SMU: At 6 feet, 186 pounds, he's no Deebo Samuel clone. But Gray's 4.3 speed could obviously add a new dimension to the Niners offense. Draft tracker

Round 4 (134)

Round 5 (172)

Round 6 (187, from Broncos)

Round 6 (220, compensatory)

Round 6 (221, compensatory)

Round 7 (262, compensatory)
Shanahan knows what he wants in runningbacks. I’m sure Davis-Price will be good in rotation.

Jackson sounds like a guy that could go either way.

Gray’s speed sounds nice. He should be a good weapon. The Rams definitely need a good corner and safety out of this draft with the Niners adding another dimension.

dang

Legend
Deebo sounds like he comes with baggage. Who wants to trade a ton for a problem child who thinks he’s something he’s not?

Garapolo comes with huge risks. His injury and turnover history have to be a concern for any team.
I don’t know Samuel’s background but it doesn’t sound like he have a strong support system. He’s all over the place.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
No trade before the first round. So I'm thinking at some point they might have to pay him if they want him to play for them. I think the talk about wanting out of SF is more posturing than anything else. I'd bet if they give him what he wants he'll gladly take the money and play.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best case is both sides refuse to compromise in typical modern fashion and he holds out for the season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t know Samuel’s background but it doesn’t sound like he have a strong support system. He’s all over the place.
I'm sure he has a small posse of sycophants bleeding him dry.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

aLJE2K.gif