49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The whiners lose the NFCCG to the Rams then arguably their best player becomes a diva in the off season. Plus the Rams won the super bowl.

This is the stuff wet dreams are made of. LOL

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod

Just had to laugh at this article. The thought that Jimmy G could garner a 1st round pick in any scenario just makes me chuckle.

ESPN suggests this Jimmy Garoppolo trade for 49ers in unique mock draft​

Apr 22, 2022 at 2:17 PM
By David Bonilla

Most expect trades to occur during next week's draft. Maybe a lot of them. ESPN's Bill Barnwell takes it a step further in his latest mock draft—if you can call it that. It doesn't even focus on players being drafted. Instead, the focus is—in case you haven't already guessed—trades.

But it's not just projected trades. Barnwell goes overboard, making his latest mock draft an all-trade affair. That's right. It's his 2022 all-trade mock draft. Every pick involves a trade.

Obviously, things won't get to this level of madness. However, Barnwell attempts to present a plausible transaction at each draft slot in the first round.

The San Francisco 49ers don't currently own a first-round pick, thanks to last year's trade to get into a position to draft quarterback Trey Lance. Barnwell maps out a scenario in which San Francisco gets back into the first round, and it doesn't even involve Deebo Samuel. Instead, it involves the team's starting quarterback of the past four-and-a-half years—Jimmy Garoppolo.

The 49ers have been trying to trade Garoppolo, but the quarterback's stock plummeted after undergoing shoulder surgery on March 8. No one wanted to trade for a passer who can't even throw until closer to training camp. Most quarterback-needy teams have seemingly filled their voids, including the Pittsburgh Steelers, who acquired Mitch Trubisky.

Maybe that's not good enough for the Steelers. Maybe they want to spark some competition heading into the 2022 season.

Barnwell has the 49ers shipping Garoppolo, the No. 61 overall pick (second round), and the No. 134 overall pick (fourth round) to the Steelers. They receive the No. 20 overall pick and the No. 84 overall pick (third round) in return. It would be tough for the Niners to surrender that second-round pick, but it might be worth it if they like a player enough at No. 20.

Garoppolo's over $25 million salary is seen as an obstacle. Barnwell has a solution. It's not necessarily a win for the 49ers, though.

"To get this to work, the 49ers would convert $16 million of Garoppolo's base salary into a roster bonus and pay it immediately, bringing his salary down to a far more palatable $8.2 million," wrote Barnwell. "The Steelers would move down 41 picks for the privilege. This deal would value Garoppolo and the $16 million San Francisco is eating as something close to the 27th pick in a typical draft."

For San Francisco, they might need to decide what is more valuable. The draft pick or the salary cap space. Once healthy, cutting Garoppolo outright would provide the most significant savings. But then the 49ers would get nothing in return. Keeping him on the roster in 2022 and then letting him leave in free agency next year would at least net a future compensatory pick, but that would be in 2024.

"There's no way these teams could make this move on the fly, so this would have to be agreed before the draft," Barnwell adds. "The Steelers would need to get a look at Garoppolo's recovery from surgery, and the 49ers wouldn't restructure his contract unless they were sure a deal could be done. This is probably too messy to actually happen, but there's a universe in which both sides could benefit."

So who do the 49ers select with that newly acquired No. 20 overall pick? Who knows? As I said, that's not what this wild mock draft is all about.

More San Francisco 49ers News​

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If I am the Steelers I would move up for Corral.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If those damn wonderlics would ever equate into success/failure I'd pay attention to them. :laugh4:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If those damn wonderlics would ever equate into success/failure I'd pay attention to them. :laugh4:
Lol yeah there’s no trend to take from it. Some succeed or fail with good scores same with bad.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Deebo is now asking to be traded. Hopefully to the Jaguars or the mighty Lions.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

Rookies got screwed by the nflpa.

They provide cheap labour for teams in their 1st contract. Sure a lot of the Rookies bust and don't even earn the meagre contact they got.

But the Rookies that outplay their meagre contract should be extended asap after their 3rd season. They earned it and the teams were already way ahead in money terms.

I was so angry when the Rams made AD work so hard to get his first extension. It wasn't right.

He discussed this in one of the retirement articles done earlier this year. He refused to sign with the Rams because he wanted to play on a winner. It wasn't the Rams doing him dirty. It was him looking out for his career. The money didn't matter as much as winning did. When McVay came in and we had that winning season he signed the deal.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He discussed this in one of the retirement articles done earlier this year. He refused to sign with the Rams because he wanted to play on a winner. It wasn't the Rams doing him dirty. It was him looking out for his career. The money didn't matter as much as winning did. When McVay came in and we had that winning season he signed the deal.

Wow, I never knew that. Cheers. I should have realised though as that situation didn't mesh with the rest of their dealings with players.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Apparently the Jets are all in on dweebo and are prepared to offer their #10 pick to make it happen.

The Jets are loaded and able.

JETS DRAFT PICKS
Round 1: No. 4
Round 1: No. 10 (from SEA)
Round 2: No. 35
Round 2: No. 38 (from CAR)
Round 3: No. 69
Round 4: No. 111 (from CAR)
Round 4: No. 117 (from MIN)
Round 5: No. 146
Round 5: No. 163 (from PIT)

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

JETS DRAFT PICKS

If ever a team had a chance to change their future. They have the draft capital this year to do it. Their GM Douglas could make the recent trades and down years forgettable nailing this draft IMO.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I'm a Jets fan I take a WR at 10 not trade for Deebo and build the team. A guy you have to pay 22 million a year or a guy you sign for 22 million for his whole rookie contract? I'll take the chance if you trust your coach and gm.

oldnotdead

Legend
You can see that the Niners ownership is basically AZ north, i.e. cheap. I see this as a the beginning of a downward trend for them. For as much as people on his board hate him, Shanahan is a good coach. His frustration was on display last year with the pressure to play Lance who he knew was not ready.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

JETS DRAFT PICKS

If I'm a Jets fan I take a WR at 10 not trade for Deebo and build the team. A guy you have to pay 22 million a year or a guy you sign for 22 million for his whole rookie contract? I'll take the chance if you trust your coach and gm.
Yeah the Jets might go get Deebo they have the picks to do it. But I feel like they're a bad spot for him. If they don't win this year he'll be running his mouth and acting all crazy just like Metcalf is gonna do this year in Seattle. For Deebo the "fit" is going to be a winning team. I mean consider that this dude is evicting himself from a team that just played in the NFC Championship.

For the 9ers that's a good way to go though. Get some picks to load up the roster and move Deebo's ass somewhere that he'll look back and appreciate winning games.

Now maybe the Jets are poised to win but I'm skeptical on that. I don't think their HC is special by any metric, I don't like their ownership, and their GM isn't worth a damn either tbh. So if I'm the 9ers the Jets look ideal lol. But Deebo won't be enjoying his time there IMO.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah the Jets might go get Deebo they have the picks to do it. But I feel like they're a bad spot for him. If they don't win this year he'll be running his mouth and acting all crazy just like Metcalf is gonna do this year in Seattle. For Deebo the "fit" is going to be a winning team. I mean consider that this dude is evicting himself from a team that just played in the NFC Championship.

For the 9ers that's a good way to go though. Get some picks to load up the roster and move Deebo's ass somewhere that he'll look back and appreciate winning games.

Now maybe the Jets are poised to win but I'm skeptical on that. I don't think their HC is special by any metric, I don't like their ownership, and their GM isn't worth a damn either tbh. So if I'm the 9ers the Jets look ideal lol. But Deebo won't be enjoying his time there IMO.
The Jets are not a place I want Deebo to go. The Niners will get a top ten pick from that trade. I’d prefer he go to a pretender that thinks they are close and draft from 15-22