49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
The player he is, is because the niners played him like they did. If I am a team looking to spend some money on a receiver, it won't be top dollar on a player that doesn't want to do what makes him great. What sets him apart.
Yes. According to my Whiner fan friend, he simply won’t be the same impact player as just a receiver. He’s definitely dangerous when he‘s carrying the ball, but he does tend to drop passes. This was excused in the grand scheme of things, including his performance as a RB.

But take away his RB threat, and he’s ’just’ a good receiver with average hands, who is explosive once the ball is in his hands.

tempests

Hall of Fame
The player he is, is because the niners played him like they did. If I am a team looking to spend some money on a receiver, it won't be top dollar on a player that doesn't want to do what makes him great. What sets him apart.
Looking at his season splits, he does have a point. First eight games, he only carried the ball six times total. But he had almost 900 receiving yards. Then over his last eight games he had 53 carries but only 26 receptions. His targets as a receiver fell way off too. 86 targets in his first eight games, but only 35 in his last eight.

I'm loath to give Deebo credit for anything, but he's probably right about his usage.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Looking at his season splits, he does have a point. First eight games, he only carried the ball six times total. But he had almost 900 receiving yards. Then over his last eight games he had 53 carries but only 26 receptions. His targets as a receiver fell way off too. 86 targets in his first eight games, but only 35 in his last eight.

I'm loath to give Deebo credit for anything, but he's probably right about his usage.
Part of the drop off is going to be the health and purformance of Jimmy G and the adjustments by defenses. We have seen all kinds of hot 1st halves be different in 2nd halves. I wouldn't pay him top wr money. I would give incentives.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
As a Ram fan, I wish nothing but the worst for Deebo. But I gotta be honest. The dude is a beast. The Rams haven't been able to tackle him consistently and IMHO, that had a lot to do with 6 straight losses. He's in the mother of all catch-22's now though.

dang

Legend
As a Ram fan, I wish nothing but the worst for Deebo. But I gotta be honest. The dude is a beast. The Rams haven't been able to tackle him consistently and IMHO, that had a lot to do with 6 straight losses. He's in the mother of all catch-22's now though.
Nick Scott shows the key is to not just tackle Deebo but rather to “blow him up”.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nick Scott shows the key is to not just tackle Deebo but rather to “blow him up”.
The frustration with Scott’s hit on Samual (IMO) was as soon as the players cleared and the flag was out. He pulls a Premier League move and gets up right away. I think he milked it for the penalty. All JMO

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Samuel first claimed he deserved more because he's a WR/RB. Now he wants just a WR role? As a strictly WR role he can still be used like a RB with short passes that are just extended run plays. If he's used only as a traditional WR there are a better receivers than him around the league. He would not be worth top dollar in that role.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Hard to blame him there.

Yes. According to my Whiner fan friend, he simply won’t be the same impact player as just a receiver. He’s definitely dangerous when he‘s carrying the ball, but he does tend to drop passes. This was excused in the grand scheme of things, including his performance as a RB.

But take away his RB threat, and he’s ’just’ a good receiver with average hands, who is explosive once the ball is in his hands.
Your friend is rationalizing IMO, because Deebo is a stud of a player. 9ers will get good compensation for him if they move him, probably not someone of his quality but they'll be able to find other weapons for Shanny to scheme up.

IMO Deebo wants out because he's smarter than people realize. He sees the shitty QB situation, Shanny losing his long time run game coordinator, the 9ers shitty ownership situation not to mention the city is fucking garbage now, and on top of that he got trucked in the NFC Championship and that probably got him thinking about longevity. I don't think it reflects well on Deebo that he wants out this quick, but it is true he's been used in a higher risk role out of the offensive backfield.

And after they trade him the best part about this move is it forces Shanny to schematically reboot what he's doing. Because whoever else they imagine in that role even if it's a draft pick will probably start whining about it too. This is really a great series of events for us because it erodes the 9ers depth chart as well as Shanny's schematic approach. I don't know that this could have been a better offseason for us from that perspective. Just crazy and it's not just the 9ers you see the entire division realizing the Rams are on a different level.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The frustration with Scott’s hit on Samual (IMO) was as soon as the players cleared and the flag was out. He pulls a Premier League move and gets up right away. I think he milked it for the penalty. All JMO
I thought he stayed down for quite a while and also stayed out of the game for a couple series. I could be wrong.

But in reality, Scott brought the pain. I don't think acting was part of it. Deebo had to be wondering how they let a truck onto the field.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
I thought he stayed down for quite a while and also stayed out of the game for a couple series. I could be wrong.

But in reality, Scott brought the pain. I don't think acting was part of it. Deebo had to be wondering how they let a truck onto the field.
And he was probably also steaming over Jimmy G string, who was the reason Deebo got clocked in the first place for waiting too long to throw the ball. A better QB would have thrown sooner, or to someone else.

Deebo doesn't want to be held back during his prime years with Jimmy, nor does he want to waste his time waiting for Trey Lance to develop into an NFL QB.

His time is now, and both Frisco QBs are only holding him back.

Last edited:

dang

Legend
Deebo obviously still feeling the effects of Scott’s beheading. Does he want max pay ($25m/year) as a dangerous RB/WR or does he want longevity by being used strictly as a WR2 (because he is not a true WR1).

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
And he was probably also steaming over Jimmy G string, who was the reason Deebo got clocked in the first place for waiting too long to throw the ball. A better QB would have thrown sooner, or to someone else.

Deebo doesn't want to be held back during his prime years with Jimmy, nor does he want to waste his time waiting for Trey Lance to develop into an NFL QB.

His time is now, and both Frisco QBs are only holding him back.

LOL, Trey Lance isn't going to be an NFL QB. If he was any good, he'd be starting by now.

dang

Legend
LOL, Trey Lance isn't going to be an NFL QB. If he was any good, he'd be starting by now.
Not sure how successful he will be but Trey Lance is very talented. I suspect he will have every opportunity to start this year. I liken the situation to the Rams/Goff. Goff was talented but couldn’t carry the offense and was not successful at come from behind victories. Jimmy G-string is above average but the 69ers cannot count on him to carry the offense. That and he seemed to have a lot of crushing turnovers. It was time to try another option at QB.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
FB_IMG_1650818516999.jpg

dang

Legend
Man the shit stain city all stars better hope they get rid of crapopollo before the draft!

View: https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1518248710550917120

That's pathetic to be in even worse cap situation than we are :D

“Deebo..,we passed the hat and came up with another $860k for you this year. We also have some new knee, neck and ankle braces for you since you will be our lead RB. Thanks for all you do!!” 69er front office.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Apparently the Jets are all in on dweebo and are prepared to offer their #10 pick to make it happen.

dang

Legend

Apparently the Jets are all in on dweebo and are prepared to offer their #10 pick to make it happen.

Be careful what you ask for. Deebo will be WR/RB/PR/KR/LB/CB/GM/ Security/Concession Worker/Uber Driver for a team like the Jets.