OFFICIAL 2021 NFL arrests and lawsuits

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That explains why he wasn’t drafted…
I was thinking about that. If the league knew knew he was into some bad stuff, and the Seahawks drafted him anyway, that looks pretty bad for them. It's also likely that a guy who is involved in mass shootings is also an asshole, and most teams picked up on it.. except the Seahawks apparently.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's also likely that a guy who is involved in mass shootings is also an asshole, and most teams picked up on it.. except the Seahawks apparently.

For Seattle, it depends how you define “mass shooting”.

I mean, some shooting is probably okay… it’s the “mass part” they likely thought wasn’t so bad.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was thinking about that. If the league knew knew he was into some bad stuff, and the Seahawks drafted him anyway, that looks pretty bad for them. It's also likely that a guy who is involved in mass shootings is also an asshole, and most teams picked up on it.. except the Seahawks apparently.
Pete - "I think I can turn him around"

How many times has it actually worked?

Tano

Legend
Wow, I don’t like the guy but that is actually very surprising. The burglary part is weird… an ex take something he thought was his and forced his way in to get it back? Thats total conjecture on my part but he seems smarter that that.
Just saw this - you and I are on the same page

Psycho_X

Legend
Geez, investigated as a felony. Wtf this dude do? He snapped on someone.

Former Seahawks, 49ers CB Richard Sherman arrested on 'burglary domestic violence' charge​

Liz Roscher
Wed, July 14, 2021, 10:33 AM

Free agent cornerback Richard Sherman was arrested early Wednesday morning in King County, Wash., on the charge of burglary domestic violence. According public records, he was denied bail and the case is being investigated as a felony.
1626278631066.png

No additional details about the charge are currently available.
The NFL Players Association has released a statement about Sherman's arrest.
1626278618506.png

Sherman, 33, is a 10-year NFL veteran. He spent seven seasons with the Seattle Seahawks before signing with the San Francisco 49ers before the 2018 season. He was released by the Niners in February following the end of his three-year contract, and has yet to sign with a new team for the 2021 season.

Psycho_X

Legend
Family drama it sounds like.

View: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1415344829559709710?s=20

Free-agent cornerback Richard Sherman was booked at 6:08 a.m. local time Wednesday at the King County Correctional Facility in Seattle and is being investigated for burglary domestic violence, according to public records.

Records state he was denied bail, but a spokesman for the Redmond (Washington) Police Department told ESPN that is standard procedure for suspects of domestic violence until they can appear before a judge.

The spokesman, who would not confirm the name of the person taken into custody, said a 911 call from the residence was received at 2 a.m. PT. The person calling said that an adult male family member who did not live at the residence was attempting to force his way into the home.

When police arrived, the suspect was outside the home. He fought with police but was eventually apprehended and taken to a local hospital to be checked. After he was cleared medically, he was booked into the King County Correctional Facility.

The spokesman said no one at the residence was injured.

Sherman, 33, completed his third season with the San Francisco 49ers in 2020 after spending the first seven seasons of his career with the Seattle Seahawks.

Sherman also is a vice president of the NFL Players Association's executive committee.

"We were made aware of an arrest last night of one of our player leaders for an alleged domestic violence incident and have activated our domestic violence crisis protocol for the protection and support of everyone involved," the NFLPA said in a statement. "We will continue to monitor events closely as more facts are made available to us."

Sherman has been selected to five Pro Bowls and is a three-time first-team All-Pro in his 10 NFL seasons.

nighttrain

Legend
I am thinking he went into his ex-gf home looking for something still in the house and then hit her when she intervened.

Of course - I am only guessing here.
Sherman gets the "Dumbass of the Day" award for this slick maneuver, ouch!!!!!!
train

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
He "fought" with police? Sounds like more charges will be forthcoming if that is in fact the case. This dude is donezo. Already reported that he had a single car crash on a freeway offramp, which is likely a DUI as well. Man, when you have a bad night, you have a bad night.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Welp, we could get a cheap Pro Bowl CB in the bargain pile.....

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
There's more!

Richard Sherman was taken down by a K9 in a fight with cops, per TMZ​

Kyle Posey 54 mins ago
Kyle’s update, 10:35 a.m.: TMZ sent out a press release about Sherman’s incident:
a baseball player wearing a helmet
© Photo by Katelyn Mulcahy/Getty Images
Sherman was taken down by a police K9 after trying to break into a family member’s home in Redmond, WA before his arrest on Wednesday morning ... this according to law enforcement.
A Redmond Police Department spokesperson tells TMZ Sports the incident all went down at 2 AM.
According to the spokesperson, officers showed up to a residence in the Redmond area after receiving a call from the occupants inside the home who claimed a family member who did not live there was trying to break in.
Cops say when they arrived on scene, they identified Sherman as the suspect ... and claim he became uncooperative and combative during questioning.
Sherman allegedly fought with cops so much ... we’re told a K9 was deployed to take down the NFL player and help bring him into custody.
Cops say he was taken to the hospital to be looked at for possible injuries before he was eventually booked at the county jail.
There’s more ... the Redmond P.D. spokesperson also tells us the Washington State Patrol is involved in the case, after Sherman allegedly crashed his vehicle into a cement freeway barrier before he advanced on foot to the home.
Jail records show Sherman still remains behind bars.
Future Hall of Famer Richard Sherman was arrested early this morning in Washington for “burglary domestic violence” ... and has been denied bail, TMZ Sports has learned.
The 33-year-old NFL free agent was booked into the King County Correctional Facility in Seattle at 6:08 AM ... and is currently sitting behind bars.
The Burglary Domestic Violence charge is a felony in Washington state ... and can carry a lengthy prison sentence, if convicted.
The details surrounding the arrest are not yet clear.

Attachments

• 1626287712717.png
    1626287712717.png
    68 bytes · Views: 53