OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I would think Denver makes the most sense.
Out of the NFC and a solid bridge QB until Love is ready to include in the trade.
When all the dust settles I think Rodgers plays in GB this year.
You're probably right. I couldn't stand the thought of Roger's being a 49er but they got their guy so I'm not worried anymore. Roger's to the Broncos to play Mahomes twice a year would be fun to watch.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Yeah, I'm hopeful Rodgers does get traded to Denver. Would be fun to watch him with all that WR talent and KC and DEN could beat each other up for the chance to play us in the SB.

I think with the whiners taking Lance, there isn't much chance of him going there any time soon, IMO. Which is good, cuz, fuck those guys.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, I'm hopeful Rodgers does get traded to Denver. Would be fun to watch him with all that WR talent and KC and DEN could beat each other up for the chance to play us in the SB.

I think with the whiners taking Lance, there isn't much chance of him going there any time soon, IMO. Which is good, cuz, fuck those guys.
Plus what do they have to offer in trade? The traded the next two years of first round picks.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
There are a few good players that I think could help strengthen the Rams, even as part time players. Houston would be a good addition. Villanueva could compete at Guard
Villanueva is a starter, and have read in several places that he will sign with Baltimore and start at Right Tackle, replacing the traded Orlando Brown.

But I could see the Rams signing a veteran or two. Even with the draft-pool-allocation, they have between $6-7M to spend.

I think Edge-rushers like Melvin Ingram and Justin Houston will be outside their price-range, and will sign for more significant roles. However, I really like Ryan Kerrigan and think he's a good fit.

Again my friend, you SHOULD listen to me as I have not gotten a single free agent prediction correct this off-season. How impressive is that!?!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Villanueva is a starter, and have read in several places that he will sign with Baltimore and start at Right Tackle, replacing the traded Orlando Brown.

But I could see the Rams signing a veteran or two. Even with the draft-pool-allocation, they have between $6-7M to spend.

I think Edge-rushers like Melvin Ingram and Justin Houston will be outside their price-range, and will sign for more significant roles. However, I really like Ryan Kerrigan and think he's a good fit.

Again my friend, you SHOULD listen to me as I have not gotten a single free agent prediction correct this off-season. How impressive is that!?!
If Pittsburgh, who lost most of their Oline allowed Villanueva to walk. So actually he’s not on a team and he’s not a starter.

He could be signed to start but apparently a lot of NFL teams don’t see him that way anymore or he’d have been signed a few months ago. At this point maybe he’s just a stopgap or competition.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If Pittsburgh, who lost most of their Oline allowed Villanueva to walk. So actually he’s not on a team and he’s not a starter.

He could be signed to start but apparently a lot of NFL teams don’t see him that way anymore or he’d have been signed a few months ago. At this point maybe he’s just a stopgap or competition.
OK, fair enough.

However, the Steelers have a long history of letting quality veterans leave via free agency ... especially at OLB and WR.

Of course you are correct that Villanueva is still a free agent but the deadline for free agents signing and the impact on 2022 Compensatory picks is later today. My guess is that a number of older veterans have not yet signed because interested teams have not wanted their additions to impact next year's comp picks.

Young free agents are different because if a team tries to wait, another team will sign them. But players like Villanueva, Sherman, Heyward, Ingram, Houston, Richardson, Poole, Fisher, Okung and Schwartz and quite a few others will get signed.

I would expect Villanueva to be signed as a starting tackle, and think that might be with Baltimore. Really do not see him as a stop-gap-starter or competition for a starting role. We will see. NFL off-season is fun.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I’d love an EDGE and CB. What about Kerrigan Kerrigan and Poole?
I agree with you on Kerrigan but disagree on Kerrigan.

Seriously though, I have liked Kerrigan for the Rams this entire off-season.

dang

Legend
I agree with you on Kerrigan but disagree on Kerrigan.

Seriously though, I have liked Kerrigan for the Rams this entire off-season.
Do $2m plus incentives for both. Drop Young if you need the $$$ to make it happen. Brilliant!!! I’m calling McVay right now!!!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Washington should do whatever they can to get him. They have enough young talent to sacrifice some high picks the next few yrs.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Reiter, Trea Turner, Okung, Fischer, and Schwartz I believe Warford as he opted out not sure if he optobk in.

Ingram, Kerrigan, Houston,

Kwan

Geno Atkins, Sheldon Richardson

Poole, Sherman, Heyward, Nelson, Worley, Conley

Some real good talent available some hidden younger gems in there as well hopefully some of them just want to win and take less.

Poole played for Morris in Atlanta I believe.