OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Some are saying that the salary cap will boom like the nba did when they got their new tv deal.
There's rumors that Jerry signed dak for this very reason. And then we'll have space

God-damn-it! I want you to be right!!!

I am going to hold you personally responsible, if this does not play-out.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
No, I meant Zay, not Zak ... him being a 26 year old former 2'nd round draft pick who runs a 4.45 - 40 and was underutilized by the Raiders. He'd be our #4 WR and good insurance against injury for our starters, and should be quite affordable. jmo.

he has off the field issues. Had an episode fighting naked. might have some mild metal issues. JMTC

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah. It depends though. Some are saying that the salary cap will boom like the nba did when they got their new tv deal. There's rumors that Jerry signed dak for this very reason. And then we'll have space

When something doesn’t “seem right”, this contract being a surprise somewhat... this would explain it.

If its true that they can get under by 15 million by restructuring contracts then I don't screw with the roster by cutting good players. Both Brokers and Haveenstein had good years. Like my post said, if the return was for the right amount then I could see trading from a surplus. Or if they have plans to pick up a certain free agent, or promote a player from within like Brewster and they need to clear a roster spot or cap space for that. But Brokers is a team leader. Havenstein is only one of two real veterans on the Online currently.

My head is generally here. I have a hard time moving these players.

But, we will need to get creative. So, anything is possible.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
he has off the field issues. Had an episode fighting naked. might have some mild metal issues. JMTC

I believe it was his brother he was fighting with, but if he checks out, he could be a real value for some team so long as he isn't a locker room problem. jmo.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Zay Jones’ father is former NFL Linebacker Robert Jones who was a #1 pick by Dallas and started at MLB in Super Bowls.

Jones later signed with the Rams as a big ticket free agent.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, I meant Zay, not Zak ... him being a 26 year old former 2'nd round draft pick who runs a 4.45 - 40 and was underutilized by the Raiders. He'd be our #4 WR and good insurance against injury for our starters, and should be quite affordable. jmo.
I love this idea. He didnt really have a shot in Buffalo, and barely got PT with the Raiders. I remember liking this kid a lot coming out of college, I seem to recall he caught everything. Well worth reclamation project for sure

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Zay Jones’ father is former NFL Linebacker Robert Jones who was a #1 pick by Dallas and started at MLB in Super Bowls.

Jones later signed with the Rams as a big ticket free agent.

I will confess I actually liked him more than Copper Kupp.I leaked Kittle in the same draft as well along with Josh Reynolds.

Truth though is Dalvin Cook was my guy though coming out of FSU

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Then again what an excellent draft. I liked Juju smith shutter more as well.

The Rams have Derick Rivers on there roster who was drafted before John Johnson. Looking back Les Snead with Mcvay did really good.
I was not a big Gerald Everett fan especially where The Rams drafted him. Copper Kupp I think it was Jrry the draft guy who LOVED Copper Kupp.
—Sorry wrong post.
Still 2017 draft has had so much effect on the changing of this Rams Franchise .Comp Picks were never a thing before Sean Mcvay Joyner Tru— yes the 2 FA guys JJ & McCoy’s.
—signings of FA were never good.
Whitworth & Woods. Sullivan—

—Over spending on KEVIN DEMOFF’s part has ALWAYS been a problem. His DADDY being the Players Agent.It shows when it comes to players contracts. In fact holding Aaron Donald out I liked because of who Aaron Donald is.. He has been more of an INvert type personality & now he is maturing so nice.
—Brockers & Saffold both walked for more money & both resigned for BIG contracts to comeback a Ram.Saffold always told Ram Fans he would EARN his & The Rams would get a discount when it was all over.He did that & The Rams went to The SuperBowl. I believe would never have had happened without Whitworth & Sullivan. He never knew what leadership was from Rams last locker rooms.I give Jared Goff credit for that as well.
—Brockers has always been a LEADER.Morgan Fox a strap it on Hard worker type that was always with Brockers.Wade thought so much of him that he wanted Fox as a OLB/DE.When he got healthy he played DT/DE/NT. Fox might be a Ram to bring back(like youth),but Brockers needs to be traded & SJD & DONALD NEED to take on that Leadership role.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Then again what an excellent draft. I liked Juju smith shutter more as well.

The Rams have Derick Rivers on there roster who was drafted before John Johnson. Looking back Les Snead with Mcvay did really good.
I was not a big Gerald Everett fan especially where The Rams drafted him. Copper Kupp I think it was Jrry the draft guy who LOVED Copper Kupp.

Several of us liked Kupp.

btfd16

Rookie
Friends with the Jones family. Won't reveal too much about the specific episode, but yes it was with his brother Cayleb who was trying to protect him/put him to bed. Word was it was something I bet 75% of us have done, but laced... Don't want to get too in to it, but Zay is a great kid.
Edit: although mama and pops love to be outspoken on twitter lol..

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Kyle Long coming back into the NFL. Have zero idea what he will fetch but interesting.

View: https://twitter.com/macongunter/status/1369340753479163921?s=20

I'd be down to give him a try at the right price. Never can have enough good lineman. Maybe shift Corbett or Edwards to center, maybe not. Would also allow us to take less of a blow if the team decides to trade Hav since Edwards could probably move to RT as well. And yes I know it's risky, but just throwing shit out there to see what you all think. Besides it's the off-season which equates to discussing things that will most likely won't happen anyways :LOL:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I'd be down to give him a try at the right price. Never can have enough good lineman. Maybe shift Corbett or Edwards to center, maybe not. Would also allow us to take less of a blow if the team decides to trade Hav since Edwards could probably move to RT as well. And yes I know it's risky, but just throwing shit out there to see what you all think. Besides it's the off-season which equates to discussing things that will most likely won't happen anyways :LOL:
Why? We have plenty of young guards. We need a C and a future LT. That's it. Don't over complicate things and spend money where it's not needed. I mean you can draft top level OGs on late day 2 or early day 3 if you want to address that position fir the future. It's not an immediate need.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Why? We have plenty of young guards. We need a C and a future LT. That's it. Don't over complicate things and spend money where it's not needed. I mean you can draft top level OGs on late day 2 or early day 3 if you want to address that position fir the future. It's not an immediate need.
I'm not saying to do it, but just presenting an option the Rams could go if they are trying to figure out ways to save money, besides just restructuring contracts, plus fill holes while doing it. Kyle Long was a Pro Bowl guard so I'm sure there are coaches out there that probably feel they can get way more out of someone that's actually done it. Saying you can draft any lineman that is a starter is guesswork at best, remember Greg Robinson or Jason Smith? The guess work with Kyle Long is less on the talent side, but most definitely there from a health stand point. We know that the Rams evaluate everything and we don't truly know what they think of the o-line since Kromer is no longer there.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I'm not saying to do it, but just presenting an option the Rams could go if they are trying to figure out ways to save money, besides just restructuring contracts, plus fill holes while doing it. Kyle Long was a Pro Bowl guard so I'm sure there are coaches out there that probably feel they can get way more out of someone that's actually done it. Saying you can draft any lineman that is a starter is guesswork at best, remember Greg Robinson or Jason Smith? The guess work with Kyle Long is less on the talent side, but most definitely there from a health stand point. We know that the Rams evaluate everything and we don't truly know what they think if the line since Kromer is no longer there.
Yeah, but they are not desperate for a G. They have a couple young guys under contract for this yr and some for next yr. Still think Anchrum has a shot to play there in a yr. Just no need for a vet, concussion prone, old OG.