OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
At 32 Dunbar could be had rather cheaply. There seems like there will be many veterans available in this tight cap crunch

Did you say cap crunch, ... oh wait, this isn't the game thread.

captain-crunch-cereal-box-b1121112.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At 32 Dunbar could be had rather cheaply. There seems like there will be many veterans available in this tight cap crunch
I‘m glad they’re letting him go. That defense was noticeably better with him.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Feels like the stars are aligning for the Rams. Free agency and the draft are loaded with positions at need. I think we could pull off 4-5 new starters with our budget.

btfd16

Rookie
Feels like the stars are aligning for the Rams. Free agency and the draft are loaded with positions at need. I think we could pull off 4-5 new starters with our budget.

I think a wait and see approach may be the way to go. There are going to be a lot of good players, with not a lot of money.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I admire the optimism, and hope (pray) you’re right.

I am a little less optimistic. Rams will pick first at #57, and then again around 100 with two expected comp picks.

The Rams may need to cut around $30M just to get to the 2021 salary cap. That just gets them to the cap. They would need to create more space before they can do any acquisitions.

To get down to the cap, the Rams may need to release a couple starters, or do a salary-dump trade for a late round pick.

I agree that there will be multiple new starters but I am not confident they will all be upgrades.

Hope I am wrong.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I admire the optimism, and hope (pray) you’re right.

I am a little less optimistic. Rams will pick first at #57, and then again around 100 with two expected comp picks.

The Rams may need to cut around $30M just to get to the 2021 salary cap. That just gets them to the cap. They would need to create more space before they can do any acquisitions.

To get down to the cap, the Rams may need to release a couple starters, or do a salary-dump trade for a late round pick.

I agree that there will be multiple new starters but I am not confident they will all be upgrades.

Hope I am wrong.
If the rams restructure Donald, Ramsey, Kupp and Woods that should put them at about 15 million under. Extend stafford and it's around 25. My numbers aren't exact but I remember seeing that the Rams can easily get under