OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Could be in regards to Noteboom. Hope so. Would hate to have to burn a high pick on a LT. As for the paycut, Whit took one this yr. His cap hit next yr is $13M. If he wanted to play again and they wanted him, it won't be for $13M. That's just reality.
Won't be 50%

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Shoring up the RB position would go a long way in making this a SB favorite. CB is another area that could be addressed.
I think Mac right now is only about 1M cap hit. So probably will take more in the way of picks or players. Not going to get him for 6th or 7th.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
added three void years to the deal.

With Havenstein’s reworked deal… is that just a technicality, that in essence Rob voids it at the normal end of the original deal?

Or what’s deal here?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yeah, forgot abt him... Might make it more likely Whit could be back one more yr as well if Jackson needs a little more seasoning. I mean you can't allow Stafford to be protected by a LT learning on the job. So a high draft pick this yr, sitting behind Whit fir a yr or Jackson sitting behind Whit fir ibe kire yr might be the plan.

And Jackson might make a Noteboom expendable if they feel he can play LT. Obviously they are not thinking of moving on from Hav at RT, so could be. Or Jackson is just the future swing tackle.

For Whit, I believe a Rams Super Bowl win increases his odds for retirement, anything less and who knows what may happen regarding his future. Whitworth has been giving the team a large salary discount and he'll likely do the same again should he remain for another season, although whatever happens, I sure hope the Rams give this guy a second career in coaching the OL.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
For Whit, I believe a Rams Super Bowl win increases his odds for retirement, anything less and who knows what may happen regarding his future. Whitworth has been giving the team a large salary discount and he'll likely do the same again should he remain for another season, although whatever happens, I sure hope the Rams give this guy a second career in coaching the OL.

This is where my head is. We win, he’s done. If not… damn, it’s hard to see why he wouldn’t try another year.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
This is where my head is. We win, he’s done. If not… damn, it’s hard to see why he wouldn’t try another year.

Although he's not signed for 2022 like Whit, DeSean Jackson may be in a similar situation in regards to the Super Bowl as possible retirement approaches.
jmo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get the feeling the Rams are planning on Whit and DJax being gone after this year maybe DJax stays if it's a super cheap deal. That's money that can be given to Stafford for an extension.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I get the feeling the Rams are planning on Whit and DJax being gone after this year maybe DJax stays if it's a super cheap deal. That's money that can be given to Stafford for an extension.

Stafford's CAP hit will be greatly reduced for 2022 once he's extended. The Rams would be wise to consider Whit and DJ as gone following the season, although they both present great options if they decide on something different over the course of the season.
jmo.

dang

Legend
Cap space is probably for emergency shopping spree. We lose Michel or Henderson we’ll be shopping. We lose Rochelle or DWill we’ll be shopping.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
With Havenstein’s reworked deal… is that just a technicality, that in essence Rob voids it at the normal end of the original deal?

Or what’s deal here?
I just can not see that anything that has transpired recently to the Havenstein's contract relates anything to the official starting RT status today or into next season.

The Rams OL is going to be reshuffled at the end of this season. Your main & top veteran starter will retire @ LT Whitworth, current starting RG Corbett, OC Allen, top reserve OT Noteboom & Top interior OL'er Shelton will no longer have Ram contracts. That's five major OL'ers to deal with. That's a bunch of serious work to do.

Leaving only two starters RT Havenstein & LG David Edwards as the remaining. But they do have a good amount of reserves in Bobby Evans, Mas Pircher, Alaric Jackson, Tremayne Anchrum, Jeremiah Kolome, Chandler Brewer.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
The good news is that the Rams now have the personnel to field a top 10 (at least) OL, assuming that they like Boom at LOT upon Whit’s retirement.

The bad news is whether they have the cap room to keep Boom, Corbett, and Allen onboard.

Ironic, isn’t it?

If it were up to me I would put a very high priority on keeping this young OL together for ‘22 and beyond.

Find or manufacture the necessary money by extending Staffor’s contract creatively, maybe releasing ARob, and allowing DW and others to walk. Yeah, it’ll hurt but it’s in the long term best interest of the team.

Ain’t no free lunches in the NFL under the cap.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I feel like it will be one of the more less complex off seasons to manage in a few years. There are alot of names that will be let go with young hungry guns waiting in the wings.

Retain Allen & Corbett, try to bring back SJD. If Whit comes back it'll be team friendly. If not the Rams will trade for another stud LT using more future picks/players. If the timing doesn't work with that, they'll retain Noteboom as a one year bridge. They'll find the money. They always do. Every year.

We're talking about no-name interior OL not edge rushers, high profile DL or DB's. I'm optimistic our OL will NOT need a full rebuild.

This isn't the AZ Cardinals who draw up a new plan every year. :bullseye:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I just can not see that anything that has transpired recently to the Havenstein's contract relates anything to the official starting RT status today or into next season.

The Rams OL is going to be reshuffled at the end of this season. Your main & top veteran starter will retire @ LT Whitworth, current starting RG Corbett, OC Allen, top reserve OT Noteboom & Top interior OL'er Shelton will no longer have Ram contracts. That's five major OL'ers to deal with. That's a bunch of serious work to do.

Leaving only two starters RT Havenstein & LG David Edwards as the remaining. But they do have a good amount of reserves in Bobby Evans, Mas Pircher, Alaric Jackson, Tremayne Anchrum, Jeremiah Kolome, Chandler Brewer.
A lot of unproven back up talent. Will they be Brian Allen right, or Bobby Evans wrong?
The good news is that the Rams now have the personnel to field a top 10 (at least) OL, assuming that they like Boom at LOT upon Whit’s retirement.

The bad news is whether they have the cap room to keep Boom, Corbett, and Allen onboard.

Ironic, isn’t it?

If it were up to me I would put a very high priority on keeping this young OL together for ‘22 and beyond.

Find or manufacture the necessary money by extending Staffor’s contract creatively, maybe releasing ARob, and allowing DW and others to walk. Yeah, it’ll hurt but it’s in the long term best interest of the team.

Ain’t no free lunches in the NFL under the cap.
Unless DWill gets healthy and starts to improve then the Rams may be able to get a cheaper deal with him. If he walks they likely won’t get a high comp pick.

If Morris moves him back to outside corner only and he returns to last years form they could get a third round comp pick.

It’s an unexpected situation.