OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Hahahahahahaaaaa

I'm so old I couldn't remember the spelling. I admitted being too lazy to look it up though.

He was a favorite of mine too Brudda.
OK ... we're good.:laugh4:

When it came to Pankey, there was one thing that I was never comfortable with.
Like OL John Williams before him and D'Marco Farr after him, they all wore #75.

#75 was Deacon Jones.

If anyone has a problem with that, they can just step outside! But wear a sweater, it's getting a little chilly.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Happy for Deayon, I love his spirit and commitment to keep fighting despite being a practice squad guy for a long time now. I'm glad he's going to be getting some active roster paychecks finally. The guy is small which I'd say is one of the main reasons he hasn't been able to stick on an active roster yet but the dude is scrappy and physical for his size. Looking forward to see how hungry he is to compete to keep that roster spot. Rochelle will only get better too. Rapp being used appropriately like they did most of the Giants game and I have high hopes for this secondary by the time the playoffs come around.

it's funny, during the game last week the rams d were trying to stop the giants rb and a fairly large scrum was the result. i think they stopped him and at the end of it deayon runs in and jumps on top of the pile. this image instantly came to mind.

Oh Yeah Win GIF by Jordan Belfort

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Sounds like they may be preparing for a trade. Or an in season extension.
A by-product of restructuring Havenstein could mean they have no intention of moving-on from him after this season.

Havenstein is under contract through 2022 but several posters have suggested he could be a cap casualty after this season. I hope not. He's a quality veteran RT; and is not over-paid given current RT contracts ... in my opinion.

I don't see how the Rams could bring-back their 2021 O-Line, with Corbett and Allen hitting free agency, and Whitworth scheduled to start collecting social security in the coming months. Hope to have Rob Havenstein back in 2022; and this makes it more likely.

dang

Legend
A by-product of restructuring Havenstein could mean they have no intention of moving-on from him after this season.

Havenstein is under contract through 2022 but several posters have suggested he could be a cap casualty after this season. I hope not. He's a quality veteran RT; and is not over-paid given current RT contracts ... in my opinion.

I don't see how the Rams could bring-back their 2021 O-Line, with Corbett and Allen hitting free agency, and Whitworth scheduled to start collecting social security in the coming months. Hope to have Rob Havenstein back in 2022; and this makes it more likely.
Someone on this board does not support this message.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Sounds like they may be preparing for a trade. Or an in season extension.
Yeah a lot of guys worth extending.

Corbett
Allen
SJD
D.Williams
Noteboom (short term fix)

To a lesser degree & doubtful

Orwronko
Young

Starting to think they move on from Robinson next yr. With a post June 1st designation, they can save $7M off next yrs cap. That could open up room for Whit, who I believe could be back if he is willing to take another paycut next yr. If they half his cap hit next yr it would not be much more than extending Noteboom. So might keep him, let Noteboom walk and draft a LT in round 2. A lot of OTs right now listed in that 50-80 range on some big boards.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
They also may extend a guy like Edwards who has a yr left, but now you have some leverage to get him a little cheaper.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Corbett
Allen
SJD
D.Williams

Orwronko
Young

Starting to think they move on from Robinson next yr. With a post June 1st designation, they can save $7M off next yrs cap. That could open up room for Whit, who I believe could be back if he is willing to take another paycut next yr. If they half his cap hit next yr it would not be much more than extending Noteboom. So might keep him, let Noteboom walk and draft a LT in round 2. A lot of OTs right now listed in that 50-80 range on some big boards.
I wonder if they think Alaric Jackson could be the left tackle of the future or even the backup tackle. It could soften the blow if Whitworth retires, or make Noteboom expendable if Whit continues to play.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2...Rework OL Rob Havenstein’s Contract[/HEADING]

October 23rd, 2021 at 9:21am CST by Ben Levine
The Rams have opened some much-needed cap space. ESPN’s Field Yates reports (via Twitter) that offensive lineman Rob Havenstein has agreed to restructure his contract.

Specifically, the Rams converted $3.84MM of Havenstein’s salary into a bonus. The team also added three void years to the deal. Overall, the move saved the organization $3.072MM against the cap. Per NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport (on Twitter), the team previously had about $150K in cap space, so this will provide the front office with some necessary breathing room.

Rapoport also adds that the Rams have used in-season restructurings to move about $48.222MM to future seasons. Teams generally shuffle around cap space as they look to make promotions and midseason signings, but Los Angeles has taken it to another level as they look to contend for a championship.

Havenstein was a 2015 second-round pick by the Rams, and he’s spent his entire career with the organization. The veteran has started all 90 of his regular season appearances, and he’s appeared in 100 percent of his team’s offensive snaps through the first six weeks of the season. The 29-year-old inked a four-year, $32MM extension with the Rams in 2018.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

Corbett
Allen
SJD
D.Williams

Orwronko
Young

1st off, there is no reason for Whit to take a pay cut. He is either worth starters money or he is not. If anything at his age the pay has to make it worth it to go thru all the prep. 2nd Keep an eye on Noteboom. In the last game when he came in he pancaked a Dline on one of Hendersons late runs. He has also held up pretty good at LT last year. Don't think they will let him go unless someone else over pays.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I wonder if they think Alaric Jackson could be the left tackle of the future or even the backup tackle. It could soften the blow if Whitworth retires, or make Noteboom expendable if Whit continues to play.
Yeah, forgot abt him... Might make it more likely Whit could be back one more yr as well if Jackson needs a little more seasoning. I mean you can't allow Stafford to be protected by a LT learning on the job. So a high draft pick this yr, sitting behind Whit fir a yr or Jackson sitting behind Whit fir ibe kire yr might be the plan.

And Jackson might make a Noteboom expendable if they feel he can play LT. Obviously they are not thinking of moving on from Hav at RT, so could be. Or Jackson is just the future swing tackle.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Marlon Mack makes a lot of sense with the Hav restructure.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
1st off, there is no reason for Whit to take a pay cut. He is either worth starters money or he is not. If anything at his age the pay has to make it worth it to go thru all the prep. 2nd Keep an eye on Noteboom. In the last game when he came in he pancaked a Dline on one of Hendersons late runs. He has also held up pretty good at LT last year. Don't think they will let him go unless someone else over pays.
Could be in regards to Noteboom. Hope so. Would hate to have to burn a high pick on a LT. As for the paycut, Whit took one this yr. His cap hit next yr is $13M. If he wanted to play again and they wanted him, it won't be for $13M. That's just reality.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shoring up the RB position would go a long way in making this a SB favorite. CB is another area that could be addressed.
Indeed especially with one of the 2 or 3 best targets for the position that a lot of us were mentioning when Akers went down initially.