OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Rams wanted him to play OLB'er. Not the ideal post for him. In hindsight, he would have been a good DE in place of Brockers IMO.

DE A'Shawn Robinson has been not such a good deal or a good replacement for Brockers.

Brockers isn't doing anything in Detroit this year.
Gaines is playing well and, on total, I think they're replacing Brock just fine.
What they haven't replaced yet is Fox. I'm hoping someone starts to break out a little.

How is JFM setting the edge against the run? Brockers's game doesn't always show up in the stat sheet but he was important to our run game. IMO Fox was the guy that beat him out last year, and it was justifiable. JFM had 3 sacks last year and Fox had 6 sacks last year.

That is a large contract for 3 sacks last year and 3 sacks this year.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
So much for the "mild" ankle sprain. "Mild"= IR.

Being his 'contract' year, I'm sure D.Williams isn't very happy with the way things have been going so far. At least for the Rams sake, this injury, should D.Will only miss 3 games, is coming at the right time as it's the Giants, Lions & Texans we'll be facing.
jmo.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Being his 'contract' year, I'm sure D.Williams isn't very happy with the way things have been going so far. At least for the Rams sake, this injury, should D.Will only miss 3 games, is coming at the right time as it's the Giants, Lions & Texans we'll be facing.
jmo.
This is one area that the Rams really miss departed free agent DBs. JJ for his heady experienced role and Troy Hill because Hill was versatile enough to move to cover the slot so Ramsey could move around. It also kept Darius Williams on the outside, which is where he excelled. Now they have Williams moving inside on many plays and he hasn’t looked as comfortable doing it

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
This is one area that the Rams really miss departed free agent DBs. JJ for his heady experienced role and Troy Hill because Hill was versatile enough to move to cover the slot so Ramsey could move around. It also kept Darius Williams on the outside, which is where he excelled. Now they have Williams moving inside on many plays and he hasn’t looked as comfortable doing it

I can only hope that during these next 3 games we see some schematic and personnel adjustments while performing against what should be considered some inferior teams. The Burgess absence is baffling, and Long, Fuller & Rapp are disappointing, ... the Williams IR means more Long again by necessity, but we still need to get our Safety play in order somehow. As much as we currently miss JJ and Hill, I'm not sure the entire problem is personnel. jmo.

RamsOfCastamere

I can only hope that during these next 3 games we see some schematic and personnel adjustments while performing against what should be considered some inferior teams. The Burgess absence is baffling, and Long, Fuller & Rapp are disappointing, ... the Williams IR means more Long again by necessity, but we still need to get our Safety play in order somehow. As much as we currently miss JJ and Hill, I'm not sure the entire problem is personnel. jmo.
Yeah Hill and JJ just got torched by the Chargers

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah Hill and JJ just got torched by the Chargers
Different scheme. Fit is very important. Consider how well Marcus Peters fit in at Baltimore, compared to LA. People considered JJ a pro bowl snub. Hill wasn't great but he played an important role, that apparently isn't all that easy to fill, even fora guy who was a total stud last year.

RamsOfCastamere

Different scheme. Fit is very important. Consider how well Marcus Peters fit in at Baltimore, compared to LA. People considered JJ a pro bowl snub. Hill wasn't great but he played an important role, that apparently isn't all that easy to fill, even fora guy who was a total stud last year.
Our scheme this year is different too. Who knows if they would plug our holes as much as some think.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Changing teams and schemes ain't easy. So many factors.
Rams knew how to put both of them in positions to succeed and got the most out of them. Littleton too.
I do wish they would've found a way to keep Hill, for what he signed for. He was able to play the Star very well and that alone would've created marked improvement in this unit.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
God damn. Does anyone else make moves besides our division??