OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Nothing to trade really, pick wise. And yes why are they shopping him already?

If for some reason we really liked him and he had no off the field issues etc... Just trading from a position of strength, would you deal Van Jefferson and a late pick for him?
Unless they feel Van Jefferson is expendable, hell no

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Urban Meyer in the NFL should be an interesting side-story for football fans.

How will a tremendously successful college coach work-out in the pros?

Will it be a disaster like when Nick Saban crashed-and-burned with the Dolphins (Saban was 54 when he took over in Miami ... Meyer is 57)?

Knowing the talent and the game is great. Successfully coaching mostly-wealthy professional men can be quite a bit different than coaching 100+ college-aged-athletes that have little say and control.

I have heard Meyer described as a CEO-type coach but I don't follow the college game anymore, so I don't know.

I throw all this out there because I am wondering how Meyer will approach Jaguar players that came into the organization before him? Even 2020 first round draft choices. New head coaches often are allowed to disregard players they inherited. It happens a lot. Here in NYC, the Jets are reportedly looking into moving WR Denzel Mims who was their second round pick in 2020.

Sometimes, talented players become available when a new head coach comes aboard. C.J. Henderson could be one of those players. As to whether the Rams have an interest, or any trade capital, I do not know.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Unless they feel Van Jefferson is expendable, hell no
It would depend how much they like Triston Jackson, Skowronek, and even Jacob Harris seeing time at WR.

I doubt they would do it, but if Henderson was not considered a risk, or any player they felt they needed, Jefferson is likely their best trade chip and expendable IF they feel good about those other 3 players.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
It would depend how much they like Triston Jackson, Skowronek, and even Jacob Harris seeing time at WR.

I doubt they would do it, but if Henderson was not considered a risk, or any player they felt they needed, Jefferson is likely their best trade chip and expendable IF they feel good about those other 3 players.
True, but our WR depth would definitely be compromised. Fuck it, trade them Snead's most precious draft picks......two 6th rounders :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Nothing to trade really, pick wise. And yes why are they shopping him already?

If for some reason we really liked him and he had no off the field issues etc... Just trading from a position of strength, would you deal Van Jefferson and a late pick for him?
All depends on how much the value him but Van is a steep price for a first round pick a year ago whose team no longer wants him. Something’s gotta be up

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Urban Meyer in the NFL should be an interesting side-story for football fans.

How will a tremendously successful college coach work-out in the pros?

Will it be a disaster like when Nick Saban crashed-and-burned with the Dolphins (Saban was 54 when he took over in Miami ... Meyer is 57)?

Knowing the talent and the game is great. Successfully coaching mostly-wealthy professional men can be quite a bit different than coaching 100+ college-aged-athletes that have little say and control.

I have heard Meyer described as a CEO-type coach but I don't follow the college game anymore, so I don't know.

I throw all this out there because I am wondering how Meyer will approach Jaguar players that came into the organization before him? Even 2020 first round draft choices. New head coaches often are allowed to disregard players they inherited. It happens a lot. Here in NYC, the Jets are reportedly looking into moving WR Denzel Mims who was their second round pick in 2020.

Sometimes, talented players become available when a new head coach comes aboard. C.J. Henderson could be one of those players. As to whether the Rams have an interest, or any trade capital, I do not know.
Meyer will crash and burn imo. He no longer has the luxury of recruiting the best available talent. He better have some great Assistants.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn’t the Lions draft Melifonwu.
Obo has one of the highest athleticism grades Snead’s ever recorded. He’s been mentioned with Ramsey and Rochelle.

I just had a look. He was drafted by the Raiders in 2nd round of the 2017 draft.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wanted the Rams to get Melifonwu really bad. His college tape at U Conn was astounding. Either he doesn’t have it or he’s not in the right situation. But 5 NFL teams tells me he may not have it.
Maybe he can’t handle the mental part of the game. He has the athleticism.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Maybe he can’t handle the mental part of the game. He has the athleticism.
Yep, complete opposite of someone like Jordan Fuller. Not a freak athlete, but instinctive and smart. That's more important. If you have both you end up in the Hall of Fame like Palamalou. (sp?)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn’t the Lions draft Melifonwu.
Obo has one of the highest athleticism grades Snead’s ever recorded. He’s been mentioned with Ramsey and Rochelle.
Raiders draft pick but I think the Lions have a few guys with similar last names as well.