2020 NFL Draft Thread - Round 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Totally understand, And agree. Never forget, we got cute, and missed on Bobby Wagner. I hope Snead, remembers, his own blunder.

that was due to trading back and not staying put.

but if there's someone they must have getting close it will be hard to just sit there.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I don't see a need to move IMO. The draft is deep in areas they are needy. Besides they don't need starters. This draft is about rotational depth and the future.

I hope and expect that our goal is to draft starters, especially with the second round picks, not rotational depth.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah I know some people are feeling the pressure here but there's a shit ton of talent on this board for tomorrow. I mean damn. And this first round went pretty well for us. There's a really good shot for us to see some high value needs in those two picks.

Also the difference between the guys who went off that board in the second half of round 1 vs the guys who are gonna go off tomorrow isn't all that great. We're in a great spot still, just sucks to wait.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wanting to prove he's the GOAT Belichick trades for Aaron Rodgers. He mumbles, I can win with any QB.

I used this in the draft chat.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Merlin's potentially real quotes for round 2 Friday Night...

"Trade up for him if he gets close DO IT NOW!!!": OT Jones. IMO he's the only guy I'd really make a move for because of how important that LT spot's gonna be here real soon and I really like his feet. But seriously I don't think he lasts long. This is wrt draft picks when I say trade up btw, I don't care if they trade some of the potential trade chip types like Hav or Everett because if they do it means they don't think they're in position to really help us.

"Draft him now Les or I'm gonna kick you in the dick": RB Dobbins. I mean this guy just damn. I don't want to even get my hopes up...

"Not a need but well hell I am ok with this guy being in horns": TE Kmet. This TE group gets a lot of flak but I really love this player. I think he's going to be a fine pro TE and he'll get dirty blocking.

"Hey babe make me up some popcorn jrry's going into convulsions and I can't... stop... watching...": LB Baun. If the Rams get this dude it'll be a great start for us but not gonna get too hopeful yet. And yes I am stocked well with popcorn because of you people. :ROFLMAO::horns:

"Ok Les if you don't take him and he falls to round 7 I'm gonna look like an idiot!": LB Uche.

"Oh great we just took a fuckin wideout who spends more money on his hair than Oprah": WR Shenault.

"Huge need and his name means alcohol. I call that destiny <hic!>": C Hennessey.

"<sitting in stunned silence>": WR Peoples-Jones. I like projections as much as anyone but he scares me a bit. If we take him hopefully it's not too early.

"OMFG what is with all these Tavon comparisons???": WR Hamler.

"2nd round project WR drafted by the Rams what could go wrong <cough> Brian Quick <cough>": WR Mims. For the record I love him learning from our staff, I'm just stoned and fuckin around lol.

"Holy shitballs Rams how many DT do you need???": DT Davidson. Not gonna happen. Or is it. :biggrin:

"Great. Rams better have a fuckin ambulance ready": OLB Lewis. Really hope it's not this one.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Friday night should be a blast! A lot of good players are still available.
We should walk away with 4 or more quality players and fill a few needs and add some needed depth.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Good post. We've got to continue reminding ourselves that we do have a first round pick. His name is Jalen Ramsey and he would be a top 5 - 10 choice in any/every draft.

yeah ramsey is a good first rnd pick except we don't get the 5 year discount on salary

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
yeah ramsey is a good first rnd pick except we don't get the 5 year discount on salary

Yeah. I think most people are cool, myself included, when you think of us trading our 2020 first rounder for Ramsey. I mean, he’s a stud and good luck finding one of those any draft.

However...

Your point about salary is a good one, and I’ll frame the Ramsey trade a little differently...

Would you trade Ramsey for any of these guys, or any remaining player, and a 2021 1st rounder? So..

Rams: trade Ramsey

Rams: receive one of these guys, plus a 2021 first rounder

20. Jacksonville f/LAR: EDGE K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU (our pick position, we could have picked any of these or any remaining player)
21. Philadelphia: WR Jalen Reagor, TCU
22. Minnesota f/BUF: WR Justin Jefferson, LSU
23. LA Chargers f/NE: LB Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma
24. New Orleans: OL Cesar Ruiz, Michigan
25. San Francisco f/MIN: WR Brandon Aiyuk, Arizona State
26. Green Bay f/HOU via MIA: QB Jordan Love, Utah State
27. Seattle: LB Jordyn Brooks, Texas Tech
28. Baltimore: LB Patrick Queen, LSU
29. Tennessee: OL Isaiah Wilson, Georgia
30. Miami f/GB: CB Noah Igbinoghene, Auburn
31. Minnesota f/SF: CB Jeff Gladney, TCU
32. Kansas City: RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, LSU

I bet a fair amount chime in that they’d trade Ramsey. Me, I don’t know.

TexasRam

Legend
Giving up the #57 and 84 can get the Rams at the top of RD 2.

Personally I won’t be upset if the Rams did this to pick up Swift or Baun or Cushenberry.

Swift would massively upgrade our passing game and may be the best RB in the draft.

Baun could be a massive impact for our defense.

Cushenberry may fix our biggest weakness.

All 3 will be gone by 52 guaranteed.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the rest of the secondary is dirt cheap so now is the time to extend him with a front loaded contract.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah. I think most people are cool, myself included, when you think of us trading our 2020 first rounder for Ramsey. I mean, he’s a stud and good luck finding one of those any draft.

However...

Your point about salary is a good one, and I’ll frame the Ramsey trade a little differently...

Would you trade Ramsey for any of these guys, or any remaining player, and a 2021 1st rounder? So..

Rams: trade Ramsey

Rams: receive one of these guys, plus a 2021 first rounder

20. Jacksonville f/LAR: EDGE K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU (our pick position, we could have picked any of these or any remaining player)
21. Philadelphia: WR Jalen Reagor, TCU
22. Minnesota f/BUF: WR Justin Jefferson, LSU
23. LA Chargers f/NE: LB Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma
24. New Orleans: OL Cesar Ruiz, Michigan
25. San Francisco f/MIN: WR Brandon Aiyuk, Arizona State
26. Green Bay f/HOU via MIA: QB Jordan Love, Utah State
27. Seattle: LB Jordyn Brooks, Texas Tech
28. Baltimore: LB Patrick Queen, LSU
29. Tennessee: OL Isaiah Wilson, Georgia
30. Miami f/GB: CB Noah Igbinoghene, Auburn
31. Minnesota f/SF: CB Jeff Gladney, TCU
32. Kansas City: RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, LSU

I bet a fair amount chime in that they’d trade Ramsey. Me, I don’t know.
Gimme Ramsey every day of the week.