2020 NFL Draft Thread - Round 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Take the best runner and WR tomorrow. I don't care who they are, just do that.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

Head condom guy? Feel worse for the dude in the room behind him.
Attach32356_20200423_211251.jpg

MachS

Hall of Fame
What would it cost to move up from 52 to late 30s if we really want to grab someone? Les has a hard time NOT trading, and if we could somehow trade our 4th to move up and keep 57 and both 3s, that would be sweeeet.

Anyone good with the draft trade value charts?

Edit- just looked up the chart actually and trading our 4th wouldn't do it, we would need to move one of our 3rds to move up in the 2nd round. Here it is for reference:

1587702936015.png

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What would it cost to move up from 52 to late 30s if we really want to grab someone? Les has a hard time NOT trading, and if we could somehow trade our 4th to move up and keep 57 and both 3s, that would be sweeeet.

Anyone good with the draft trade value charts?
#52 + #126(4th) will only move us up to #47 or #48. It would take #52 and #84 to move to the mid thirties.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I watched the first round with friend via Google Hangout.

Towards the end of the draft I said to them "We're about to pick 32 and Rams are still 20 picks away from that. . . but the kicker is that I think Rams will certainly trade down out of 52"

It really is fun to watch how the draft rolls out. There were a lot of surprises in the first round - as there are surprises every year.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
then why not send 57 & keep 52 ??
Personally, I don't really want to move up. There are going to be good players available all through the second and third rounds. We can sit still and let the draft come to us.
If you can get a team to trade back for 57 instead of 52, but not all teams will lose the 50 points off the trade chart.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Personally, I don't really want to move up. There are going to be good players available all through the second and third rounds. We can sit still and let the draft come to us.
If you can get a team to trade back for 57 instead of 52, but not all teams will lose the 50 points off the trade chart.
You are right. But, if you see a difference maker, on either side, you have to consider it. Most likely, we will try to trade down, one of our 2nd rounders. IMO, the players I would have made that move for are gone.

So, now, based on my evaluation, I’d be looking for a minor trade up, to ensure we get the player we want, if he’d be a great fit only.

Last edited:

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You are right. But, if you see a difference maker, on either side, you have to consider it. Most likely, we will try to trade down, one of our 2nd rounders. IMO,the players I wpull have made that move for are gone. So, now I’d be looking for a minor trade up, to ensure we get the player we want.
Sure they can do that, if there is someone there they like. They did it last year with Henderson. If they really want someone and think they won't last until our pick, they very well may move up. I said personally that is what I would do this year because we have a lot of needs and zero cap.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Sure they can do that, if there is someone there they like. They did it last year with Henderson. If they really want someone and think they won't last until our pick, they very well may move up. I said personally that is what I would do this year because we have a lot of needs and zero cap.
Totally understand, And agree. Never forget, we got cute, and missed on Bobby Wagner. I hope Snead, remembers, his own blunder.

oldnotdead

Legend
They have 4 picks tomorrow with trade bait in Havenstein and Hill. The Cards improved on defense and the 49ers IMO aren't as good on D without Buckner. Their WR pick is a bit of a project so questionable how he will impact or not. The Hawks drafted for the future not this year.

The Rams can move ahead if they get the players they need. There are quality players still on the board. Dobbins at RB, Trevon Diggs CB is still on the board as well. He's got excellent length and good speed for a man his size. He's a bit of a developmental player but not completely raw, more like requires polishing. Epenesa is also on the board and he's reminiscent of a younger Brockers but I think he's stronger at the POA on runs than Michael. This would allow them to use Okoronkwo as a rotational player behind Floyd. This would give them a solid rotation on the d-line.

IMO tomorrow is basically their draft. How good or not will depend on those picks.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams have pieces to trade to move up IMO. They could use them to lighten the load on the draft picks if they really want to get someone. I prefer we hold onto our picks here as much as possible.

Might’ve been a bit of a reach for our rivals at 27 tho.
I think so. But you can see what they are thinking re: stopping the run if you want to top SF. Division goes through them now.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams have pieces to trade to move up IMO. They could use them to lighten the load on the draft picks if they really want to get someone. I prefer we hold onto our picks here as much as possible.

I think so. But you can see what they are thinking re: stopping the run if you want to top SF. Division goes through them now.

yep, need a beast of a lber in the middle. preferably one that can hit the hole and tackle the rb at or behind the line of scrimmage.

oldnotdead

Legend
I don't see a need to move IMO. The draft is deep in areas they are needy. Besides they don't need starters. This draft is about rotational depth and the future.