OFFICIAL 2021 Coaching changes / Black Monday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Poppinfresh

Rookie
Glad you finally are taking the L and moving on. I appreciate the self awareness.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Nothing of the sort happened. You tried expanding range and then completely ignored how the racial demographic of student athletes on football teams completely changes when you get to those smaller schools where the football team is mostly just academic types with just enough athleticism to have a side hustle (jumps to over 80% representation from one race, in case you were wondering). Your take is so shockingly bad I almost thought of pulling one of my actuaries off a project to put it in a graph for the laughs, but t hen I remembered the V. Signal doesn't care about facts.

But you do you.

Poppinfresh

Rookie
Their top choice? I thought Eric B was the shoe in, and THE fit for Atlanta.

Its odd as the Jets, Jags, and Falcons all got their guys now, but they didn't wait for Eric B. The supposed grand prize this year.

Something is up. Maybe those reports of him bombing interviews have some merit. Or maybe he's not as cracked up to be.

Who's left? Texans, Eagles, Chargers. Am I missing anyone?

I think it's still not 100% the Bears aren't going to open up again, but yeah. I never had Eric going to ATL, I always figured he was going to end up at the LA JV squad.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whatever helps you sleep at night. Nothing of the sort happened. You tried expanding range and then completely ignored how the racial demographic of student athletes on football teams completely changes when you get to those smaller schools where the football team is mostly just academic types with just enough athleticism to have a side hustle (jumps to over 80% representation from one race, in case you were wondering). Your take is so shockingly bad I almost thought of pulling one of my actuaries off a project to put it in a graph for the laughs, but t hen I remembered the V. Signal doesn't care about facts.

But you do you.

Considering the fact that the majority of top personnel men would still have played college football at programs that are currently in the FBS or FCS (18 of 32, to be exact), your argument would still be dramatically off base. It's entertaining how deep you're willing to dig this hole simply because you want to defend a bad faith argument bitching about a NFL program that promotes the advancement of people of color. I think you made the right call not wasting an actuary's time defending such a misguided claim. And I am in fact doing me. ;)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Their top choice? I thought Eric B was the shoe in, and THE fit for Atlanta.

Its odd as the Jets, Jags, and Falcons all got their guys now, but they didn't wait for Eric B. The supposed grand prize this year.

Something is up. Maybe those reports of him bombing interviews have some merit. Or maybe he's not as cracked up to be.

Who's left? Texans, Eagles, Chargers. Am I missing anyone?

With the QB situation not sorted out for the Eagles, I'd say offensive coach would be the lean. With a great rookie QB I'd also say Offensive lean for the chargers, but Staley could work with that defense despite having more 4\3 personnel.

I'd say the Texans are most likely to go for a defensive coach and is the biggest risk to the Rams to nab Staley.

If the Bears dump Nagy I think they'd be in on Staley too.

If I was Staley I wouldn't want the Eagles job after Pederson slammed the management for too much meddling. I'd avoid Spanos too, for obvious reasons, however he could do a lot with that roster. The Texans would be the best match for him.

The reality is he went from LBs coach to DC with one year at that level. How many GMs will take the leap of faith and be convinced that he is ready to run a team or is just a good young DC with a loaded roster and needs some seasoning to learn under McVay?

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Re. Staley, Chargers scare me most.

Staley has a wife and 3 kids, maybe they want to stay put.

And petty Spanos might like the idea of mooching off of LA’s best team.

Hope Staley stays

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Re. Staley, Chargers scare me most.

Staley has a wife and 3 kids, maybe they want to stay put.

And petty Spanos might like the idea of mooching off of LA’s best team.

Hope Staley stays
I think you're on the money. I am just hoping that the fact it makes too much sense is why the Chargers screw it up

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think you're on the money. I am just hoping that the fact it makes too much sense is why the Chargers screw it up

Not concerend about the Chargers, that's Brian Daboll's job right now everything seems to be going fine with the exception of the Eagles, really hope they want an offensive coach and hire Chiefs QB Coach Mike Kafka.

When the dust settles my hope is the following:

1. Houston Texans...Eric Bieniemy...To appease Watson I believe this will be the hire.
  2. Los Angeles Chargers....Brian Daboll, good match and Charger type of hire
  3. Detroit Lions...Dan Campbell...Blue collar guy and Saint assistants have been ignored for too long.
  4. Philadelphia...Mike Kafka...I truly hope the Eagles want an offensive guru and this is a Lurie/Roseman type of move as they will claim that Kafka was more the reason for Mahomes success then Bieniemy.
Again right now the Eagles are the wild card, but to fix Wentz, I'm hoping they go with Kafka.

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
With the QB situation not sorted out for the Eagles, I'd say offensive coach would be the lean. With a great rookie QB I'd also say Offensive lean for the chargers, but Staley could work with that defense despite having more 4\3 personnel.

I'd say the Texans are most likely to go for a defensive coach and is the biggest risk to the Rams to nab Staley.

If the Bears dump Nagy I think they'd be in on Staley too.

If I was Staley I wouldn't want the Eagles job after Pederson slammed the management for too much meddling. I'd avoid Spanos too, for obvious reasons, however he could do a lot with that roster. The Texans would be the best match for him.

The reality is he went from LBs coach to DC with one year at that level. How many GMs will take the leap of faith and be convinced that he is ready to run a team or is just a good young DC with a loaded roster and needs some seasoning to learn under McVay?

If they go for a DC then all hell will break loose here lol.

Apparently Brian Daboll is now the favorite for the Chargers. We'll see, but it makes sense that they wanna make Justin Herbert progress like Josh Allen did.

So that leaves Philly and Houston as the remaining openings.

I just find it odd everyone was hyping Eric B. as soon as BOB got canned and now we're seeing all these teams, some with very good appeal, hiring someone else.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Rams will own the 2021 late 3rd round with 3 selections!

Snag up the best of the rest of the prospects at the end of the evening Friday Night.
They will trade back one of those for a 4th and a 5th. They don't have a 5th now and those guys hate going 70 plus picks without one.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If they go for a DC then all hell will break loose here lol.

Apparently Brian Daboll is now the favorite for the Chargers. We'll see, but it makes sense that they wanna make Justin Herbert progress like Josh Allen did.

So that leaves Philly and Houston as the remaining openings.

I just find it odd everyone was hyping Eric B. as soon as BOB got canned and now we're seeing all these teams, some with very good appeal, hiring someone else.

Yeah it makes you wonder. Some guys aren’t cut out to run the show. And think about what he has to work with. How good of a coordinator does he have to be with Kielce, Mahomes, Hill, CEH.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
JFYI...Robert Saleh has taken a couple of coaches from the 49ers besides Mike LaFleur, he also has taken Offensive Line Coach John Benton.

Irony is the 49ers are promoting Assistant Chris Foerster who McVay wanted to hire as his OC at first, but was denied permission and later Foerster was nailed for doing a snorting video for a call girl and was fired, well, now he will be the 49ers Offensive line Coach.