2019 Injury Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He does have a habit of doing stupid crap in the off season.

The social media post he tossed up awhile back was fucked up.

That's just horrible to read. The NFL insurance and the Dolphins are stepping up to cover all the expenses. Kudos to them for doing that.

The cost of multiple life saving emergency surgeries and follow up surgeries and having an arm amputated has to be astronomical.

Wear. Your. Seat belt.

Many years ago I lost a friend who was in an accident at an estimated 25 miles an hour because he wasn't wearing his seat belt. I actually had lunch with his brother today in fact. His brother is how I ended up here in SWFL.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Send in Jeff Gillooly.....

I hope he plays.

I'd love to see the Rams DL, especially Donald, pad the stat line on a hampered asshat like Newton.

I've been expecting him to come out for a presser in a fucking Hello Kitty outfit.

I can't stand that fuck.

(When you can't find your pants and have to wear the yoga pants your girlfriend wore to the gym that morning and couldn't find shoes and a jacket to match)

CN.jpg

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I hope he plays.

I'd love to see the Rams DL, especially Donald, pad the stat line on a hampered asshat like Newton.

I've been expecting him to come out for a presser in a freaking Hello Kitty outfit.

I can't stand that freak.

(When you can't find your pants and have to wear the yoga pants your girlfriend wore to the gym that morning and couldn't find shoes and a jacket to match)

View attachment 29782
Somebody needs to tell this cat he had no fashion sense. I mean, I have no fashion sense and I wouldn't wear that.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Somebody needs to tell this cat he had no fashion sense. I mean, I have no fashion sense and I wouldn't wear that.

Maybe he could have found a pair of socks that would have pulled the whole ensemble together.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The SB back off of the easily recovered fumble is tattoo.

It isn't going away.

Fuck him.

dang

Legend
I actually hope Newton plays against the Rams. We owe them a beat down from the time they ended Bradford’s season on an out of bounds hit.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I actually hope Newton plays against the Rams. We owe them a beat down from the time they ended Bradford’s season on an out of bounds hit.

It was a legal hit. Actually all he did was shove him out of bounds. Bradford blew out his knee more from the the awkward way his feet were in the turf.

I've watched it multiple times. The defender made contact in bounds and by the time Bradford was out of bounds the defenders hands were not on him.

It was a clean shove to the back that happens many times each game.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Man, you are not alone.... I'm soon 65 & every day that passes my only remaining & working brain cell trends slowero_O.

I think i'm 70 but I do have 3 cells still working. one keeps my heart and lung going one turns food to shit and one is for sex.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think i'm 70 but I do have 3 cells still working. one keeps my heart and lung going one turns food to crap and one is for sex.

Please don't let those last two cells get mixed up.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Panthers coach Rivera: No timetable for Newton's return
Reuters Reuters 3 hours ago
74aa8346439e50686b9a3cd2988702c0

NFL: Preseason-Carolina Panthers at New England Patriots
Cam Newton might be in jeopardy of missing the Carolina Panthers' opener against the Los Angeles Rams on Sept. 8.

Panthers coach Ron Rivera said "there is no timetable" for the quarterback's return, two days after Newton suffered a left mid-foot sprain in a preseason game against the New England Patriots. Newton exited the stadium in a walking boot and X-rays detected the sprain.
General manager Marty Hurney expressed hope Newton will play in the opener. Rivera wouldn't go that far, only declaring he is "cautiously optimistic" that Newton will soon be on the practice field.
"There really isn't any timetable, but we're going to do everything we can to make sure it's right and ready to roll," Rivera said after Saturday's practice. "What we're going to do is take it day by day because there is no timetable. So we'll begin to focus in on what we need to as time progresses."
The Panthers returned to the practice field on Saturday but Newton remained inside for treatment on his foot.
"The doctors feel the more we keep him off of it, the more we keep it elevated, we're expecting it to take care of itself quickly," Rivera said.
Rivera said Newton would have missed the preseason finale against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Thursday regardless. Newton had offseason shoulder surgery and Rivera has been mindful of the amount of throwing he does leading up to the season.
"Things are going great with his shoulder," Rivera said. "So the best part is he's getting a chance to rest. We're putting the positive spin on it."
Kyle Allen, who started one game last season, ran first string in the Saturday quarterback rotation. Will Grier, a third-round pick out of West Virginia, received an even amount of work, and Taylor Heinicke, who played in six games (one start) last season, also saw action.
Rivera said the club won't work out any unsigned quarterbacks.
"We feel really good about what we have," Newton said. "We like what we're seeing. There have been some good things about decision making that have been pretty good. The progress you see, especially in practice -- I know it's not a game -- but you see the growth.
"That's what we're trying to do is develop the one or two guys that are going to be here a while with Cam."
Allen said that he is preparing to the starter.
"I always prepare that way," Allen said. "If you don't prepare that way you're going to be underprepared. Whether or not Cam is going to be ready -- hopefully, he's going to be ready -- but ready or not I'm going to be prepared."
The 30-year-old Newton completed 67.9 percent of his passes for 3,395 yards, 24 touchdowns and 13 interceptions in 14 games last season. He missed the final two contests due to the shoulder injury.

dang

Legend
It was a legal hit. Actually all he did was shove him out of bounds. Bradford blew out his knee more from the the awkward way his feet were in the turf.

I've watched it multiple times. The defender made contact in bounds and by the time Bradford was out of bounds the defenders hands were not on him.

It was a clean shove to the back that happens many times each game.
I actually remember the defender standing over Bradford after he went down more than it being any kind of illegal hit. I just remember it being a mouthy game and we lost so I carry a grudge. So for me hater loves to hate.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was at that game in Carolina. There were a couple of scuffles, and someone got thown out of the game. Might have been Chris long, but I am old and have a bad memory. LOL

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Apparently Texans fear Lamar Miller tore his ACL tonight.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Aaron Neary, Josh Carraway carted off the field vs. Broncos
usatsi_11182028.jpg

By: Steve Rebeiro | 1 hour ago

The injury bug hit the Los Angeles Rams once again in Week 3 of the 2019 NFL Preseason. After losing projected starter Micah Kiser last week, two more Rams were carted off the field against Denver: offensive lineman Aaron Neary and linebacker Josh Carraway.
Neither Carraway nor Neary were expected to have big roles in 2019, but both guys are reserves at incredibly thin positions for the Rams. Neary was set to backup unproven center Brian Allen on offense, while Josh Carraway was competing for a reserve role at outside linebacker.

Neary is set to be suspended for the first four games of the season due to a violation of the NFL’s substance abuse policy. The fourth-year lineman was still a likely lock to make the team before the injury. Carraway had a bit more work to do, but impressed at linebacker against Dallas last week.
It remains unclear how severe either injury is.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Lots of injuries this pre-season. But then again, it seems we say that every year, so what we should really be saying, is that it is typical pre-season casualty list coming to its conclusion. I am extremely pleased that the Rams are again resting their starters this pre-season. And more than a little bit surprised that there are not more teams doing the same. Resting starters leading to a slow start in the regular season is non-sense. Rams had the longest undefeated streak to start the regular season last year. Rested starters and all.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Lamarr Miller out for the year with the torn ACL. Damn, Texans fans ripping into BOB for playing him RN.