2019 Injury Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just saw the Jets lost starting ILB Avery Williamson. I wonder if a guy like Hager could interest them as a stop gap starter this year?

I see Howard bypassing Hager and maybe Kiser on the depth chart this year. Also have a few intriguing rookies as depth.

After preseason game one Hager is still in the conversation for starting (albeit distantly). The Rams probably shouldn't trade a potential starter/needed depth at the team's weak position from 2018. They won't get a high enough pick for him to justify gambling for a repeat of the 2018 run defense issues.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
NFL Injury Report
Arizona

NamePOSStatusDateInjuryReturns
Robert AlfordDBSidelinedAug 15, 2019LegOut indefinitely
Haason ReddickLBSidelinedJul 27, 2019KneeWeek to week
Patrick PetersonDBSuspendedMay 16, 2019-Return Week 7
Max GarciaCSidelinedMar 14, 2019Knee surgeryQuestionable for training camp
D.J. FosterRBSidelinedAug 27, 2018Knee surgeryQuestionable for training camp
A.Q. ShipleyCSidelinedAug 6, 2018KneeReady for OTAs

Los Angeles

Aaron NearyGSuspendedJun 28, 2019-Week 5
Samson EbukamLBSidelinedMar 22, 2019KneeReady for training camp

Seattle

Ezekiel AnsahDLSidelinedAug 16, 2019GroinWeek 1
Jordan SimmonsGSidelinedAug 16, 2019KneeOut Indefinitely
Mike IupatiGSidelinedAug 16, 2019CalfStatus uncertain
George FantTSidelinedAug 8, 2019AnkleQuestionable for Week 1
Ed DicksonTESidelinedAug 5, 2019KneeQuestionable for Week 1
L.J. CollierDLSidelinedJul 30, 2019AnkleQuestionable for Week 1
Jarran ReedDLSuspendedJul 22, 2019-Return Week 7
Marquise BlairDBSidelinedJun 12, 2019HamstringReady for training camp
Bradley McDougaldDBSidelinedMay 21, 2019KneeReady for training camp

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas

San Francisco

Mike Person
GSidelinedAug 16, 2019FootQuestionable for Week 1
George Kittle
TESidelinedAug 14, 2019CalfDay to day
Shon Coleman TI.L.Aug 12, 2019AnkleOut indefinitely
Trent Taylor WRSidelinedAug 10, 2019FootWeek 1?
Jerick McKinnon RBSidelinedAug 8, 2019KneeQuestionable for Week 1
Jason Verrett DBSidelinedAug 8, 2019AnkleQuestionable for Week 1
Ahkello Witherspoon DBSidelinedAug 2, 2019-Status uncertain
Dee Ford DLSidelinedAug 2, 2019KneeWeek to week
Josh Garnett GSidelinedAug 1, 2019FingerReady for Week 1
Nick Bosa
DLSidelinedMay 23, 2019AnkleQuestionable for Week 1
Raheem Mostert RBSidelinedMay 21, 2019Concussion
Fred Warner LBSidelinedMay 21, 2019KneeReady for training camp
Garrett Celek TESidelinedMay 21, 2019BackQuestionable for training camp
Elijah Lee LBSidelinedMar 7, 2019-
Weston Richburg CSidelinedJan 24, 2019KneeQuestionable for training camp
D.J. Reed DBSidelinedJan 24, 2019ShoulderQuestionable for training camp
Laken Tomlinson GSidelinedDec 31, 2018KneeReady for OTAs
Kyle Nelson TESuspendedDec 4, 2018-Return 2019
D.J. Jones DLSidelinedApr 29, 2017-

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Micah Kiser suffered pectoral injury, severity not yet known
usatsi_13127346.jpg

By: Cameron DaSilva | 6 hours ago

Sean McVay and the Los Angeles Rams prefer to play it safe in the preseason, resting the majority of their starters. There are some heated position battles still going on, however, which has forced some potential starters into preseason action – players such as Micah Kiser, Bryce Hager, Greg Gaines and Sebastian Joseph-Day.
Unfortunately, Kiser suffered an injury in Saturday’s preseason loss to the Cowboys. Sean McVay said after the game that he injured his pec, which caused him to watch the second half in street clothes from the sideline.

“He got banged up. He had something with his pec,” McVay said. “We’ll have a little bit more information later on and we’ll give you an update tomorrow, for sure.
“We’re hopeful that we’ll get some good information back on Micah, but when you look at one of the guys that’s projected as a starter that’s actually participated (in preseason), if you end up losing him, certainly I think you’d say, ‘Man, I wish I’d handled that differently.’ But you’ve got to trust the decisions and everything we do is for a reason and in the best interest of the players.”

McVay doesn’t know the extent or severity of the injury, but he expects to provide a further update on Sunday. Regardless of whether it’s major or minor, this is unfortunate news for the Rams.
Kiser has been projected as the starting inside linebacker next to Cory Littleton, holding off Hager for that spot. Any injury at all could set him back and give the Rams no choice but to start Hager.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Los Angeles Rams ILB Micah Kiser might have suffered serious injury

Uh oh, the inside linebacker position could be in flux here shortly.

By Sosa Kremenjas@QBsMVP Aug 18, 2019, 7:51am CDT
NFL: Los Angeles Rams-Training Camp
Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
Even with the Los Angeles Rams benching every starter on the team outside of one player, they may have suffered a potentially significant loss as inside linebacker Micah Kiser was injured in the week two contest of the preseason versus the Dallas Cowboys:

Speculating wont do any good, though it sounds like Kiser’s pectoral injury could very well be a season-ending one, unfortunately.
Here’s Head Coach Sean McVay on the injury:
(On LB Micah Kiser not playing in the second half)
He got banged up. He had something with his pec (pectoral muscle). We’ll have a little more information later on and we’ll figure that out and we’ll give you an update tomorrow for sure.
(On if Kiser’s injury makes him more hesitant to play players in the preseason)
Yeah. Part of the reason that you want to be careful, but you can’t go so overboard. With guys that have shown and established the fact that they can play significant snaps, we just felt with our team that was the approach we wanted to take. Football is a violent, physical game where injuries are inevitable, and you always have to be able to adjust and adapt accordingly. We’re hopeful that we’ll get some good information back on Micah. When you look at one of the guys that’s projected as a starter that’s actually participated, if you end up losing him, certainly I think you’d say, ‘Man, I wish I had handled that differently.’ But you’ve got to trust the decisions and everything that we do is for a reason and what we think is in the best interest of the players. Sometimes these unfortunate things happen and if that is the case with him, we’ll put our arms around him, we’ll support him and he’ll come back stronger. But we’ll figure out exactly what’s going on with him tomorrow.
Both Kiser and Bryce Hager were rotating at inside linebacker the past two contests as they’ve been a part of a fierce battle for the starting inside linebacker spot next to Cory Littleton. Kiser — who started week one — entered the game in the second quarter last night after Hager received the first quarter of work.

The release of Mark Barron in the offseason showed how confident the Rams were in Kiser’s ability, leaving a ton of playing time available for the second-year prospect out of Virginia. Unfortunately for both parties, the season may have ended before it started.
In the case that Kiser is out for an extended period of time, Hager could draw the start at inside linebacker, though young players Travin Howard and Dakota Allen have shown a lot of promise in two preseason games.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Dakota Allen brought something to ILB that I haven’t seen in Horns for sometime

I know it’s just one game, but this guy has a chance imo

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

He'll make the team, but not sure the Rams would trust him to start, although Hager takes bad angles and was responsible for a big run. I believe as he season plays on, we could see more of Allen and less of Hager.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like Hagar, he's football smart, but just too slow sideline to sideline and is not very good in coverage, though he is good on ST.

fearsomefour

Legend
I would think both McCaffery and Kamara are salivating looking at the Rams potential run D right now.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
He'll make the team, but not sure the Rams would trust him to start, although Hager takes bad angles and was responsible for a big run. I believe as he season plays on, we could see more of Allen and less of Hager.
I am there with you that Dakota Allen chances of making the final roster after his performance against the Cowboys & the injury to Kiser has just increased mightily.

As for Bryce Hager just not sure .....I was expecting better play from this veteran. I have always liked him & felt that he could be a good reserve & average reserve.

Just based off the play of two preseason games involving the ILB'er unit... I like what I see from Howard, Reeder & Allen much better than what I have seen from Hager & Kiser.

If as we expect to be minus our starting MLB'er Kiser for a major part or all of this 2019 season then MLB'er Hager looks to benefit from it but I think the reason we saw Kiser playing.... up to now his play has not been as expected & way below what Wade feels he needs. I also believe Hager falls into that category too.

Keep in mind that Kiser & Hager were playing in last seasons Littleton post @ MLB. Allen & Howard has both been playing the weakside ILB'er post that Littleton is slated to start in & has been working in since OTA's. Rookie Troy Reeder has been the 3rd MLB'er behind Kiser & Hager with Kupp being the 4th.

Troy Reeder just might the sleeper here nobody is really looking at;). Just what the doctor ordered to beef up that run defense that we had last season with Littleton as our MLB'er.

Last edited:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, many of us felt the Rams should have brought in more ready to play competition for Kiser than Hager. Oh well, hopefully one or two of the kids will continue shining as they face tougher competition.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
OMG the one thing I didn't want to see is Hager starting at ILB. That's not good

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Troy Reeder just might the sleeper here nobody is really looking at;). Just what the doctor ordered to beef up that run defense that we had last season with Littleton as our MLB'er.

Agreed, aside from Reeder's play that got him ejected he was playing ok and around the ball a lot for his short stint. He's got good size as well. Dakota Allen is a missile to the ball but not sure he could take on blockers between the tackle which is what we were needing from Kiser. Same for Howard. Hager has been average at best and I think we've seen his ceiling. And Kupp is raw and probably a PS player for a year. If Kiser is out for the year I'd like to see Reeder get a lot of reps these last two games to see if he's capable.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Maybe try Patrick back at ILB? or Mathews plays a lot at ILB? I definitely expect to see a lot of Rapp like we did last season with Marqui when Barron was hurt. That might be the best solution to the Kiser injury

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am there with you that Dakota Allen chances of making the final roster after his performance against the Cowboys & the injury to Kiser has just increased mightily.

As for Bryce Hager just not sure .....I was expecting better play from this veteran. I have always liked him & felt that he could be a good reserve & average reserve.

Just based off the play of two preseason games involving the ILB'er unit... I like what I see from Howard, Reeder & Allen much better than what I have seen from Hager & Kiser.

If as we expect to be minus our starting MLB'er Kiser for a major part or all of this 2019 season then MLB'er Hager looks to benefit from it but I think the reason we saw Kiser playing.... up to now his play has not been as expected & way below what Wade feels he needs. I also believe Hager falls into that category too.

Keep in mind that Kiser & Hager were playing in last seasons Littleton post @ MLB. Allen & Howard has both been playing the weakside ILB'er post that Littleton is slated to start in & has been working in since OTA's. Rookie Troy Reeder has been the 3rd MLB'er behind Kiser & Hager with Kupp being the 4th.

Reeder started out at Penn State. He seemed to be injured often and never cracked the starting lineup. I hope they could bring in a proven NFL ILB in a trade.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

I was impressed with him last night. He seems to play with a chip on his shoulder. I've heard he works hard and is one of those guys with a high motor. It showed last night. If I'm the Rams I get him out there some more and see if he's a guy they can rely on for more snaps. I think he has potential. We also might see more of Rapp down in the box in the SS/LB hybrid type of role that Barron had.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Reeder started out at Penn State. He seemed to be injured often and never cracked the starting lineup. I hope they could bring in a proven NFL ILB in a trade.
Are we discussing the same player where did I mess up?

, earned All-American accolades after recording 131 tackles on the year, the fifth-most in a single-season ever by a Delaware player.... named a finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award, given to FCS’ top defensive player. Not sure how many games he started in 2018 but he was the defensive team Captain in 2017/2018 seasons.

2017, started all 11 games at outside linebacker for the Blue Hens named First-Team All-CAA... finished the season ranked first on the team in tackles with 89 (34 solo)...added 1.5 sacks, seven tackles for loss, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery, one interception, three pass breakups... blocked one kick on special teams...fielded one punt return for 20 yards

2016, started all 11 games at outside linebacker after transferring from Penn State...earned honorable mention Hero Sports Sophomore All-American honors....named Second-Team All-CAA honors...finished second on the team with 63 tackles (36 solo)...added 1.0 sack, 4.5 tackles for loss, two interceptions, one pass breakup and two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, and a blocked kick.

2015, at Penn State, started at outside linebacker in 11 games as a redshirt freshman...earned First-Team Freshman All-Big 10 and Second-Team Freshman All-American honors... ranked fourth on the team with 67 tackles...added 5.5 tackles for loss and an interception.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
If Kiser is out.... tough break for him...but Howard and Dakota Allen have shown some solid energy this preseason....they've made plays... .

Natrez Patrick certainly showed some skill as an edge rusher.....which even without the injury to Kiser made him a better chance to make the roster...but he is an ILB...and actually has the size to be exactly what we need in that spot...

I'd like to see Allen, Howard and Patrick get some work inside these last 2 games to see if they could make their way into the line up.... Hager is a solid back up, but all 3 of those guys have more upside than he does, if they can show they can handle the position