2019 Injury Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Eh I'm pulling for the kid but i have seen nothing that would tell me hes better than Hagar.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We will rally behind Bryce Hagar, and we will play good football.

Hager - or someone else - will be fine. With a better pure nose tackle there will be less pressure on the ILBs for run defense.

But the team shouldn't have been counting on a guy who had zero defensive snaps last season without serious competition, resigning Hager late in the offseason. Hopefully lesson learned going forward. Even if Kiser is all that, injuries happen.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
We have depth at LB. Switch Matthews to ILB and give Obo some burn.

dang

Legend
It’s official. The Rams have their first serious roster issue. Hager and maybe Allen provide decent OLB depth but neither is the thumper ILB that the Rams need to help turn around their rush defense woes from last year. It’s time to get creative with an OLB like Oko or Ebukam or start looking for trade or roster cut candidates.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Are we discussing the same player where did I mess up?

, earned All-American accolades after recording 131 tackles on the year, the fifth-most in a single-season ever by a Delaware player.... named a finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award, given to FCS’ top defensive player. Not sure how many games he started in 2018 but he was the defensive team Captain in 2017/2018 seasons.

2017, started all 11 games at outside linebacker for the Blue Hens named First-Team All-CAA... finished the season ranked first on the team in tackles with 89 (34 solo)...added 1.5 sacks, seven tackles for loss, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery, one interception, three pass breakups... blocked one kick on special teams...fielded one punt return for 20 yards

2016, started all 11 games at outside linebacker after transferring from Penn State...earned honorable mention Hero Sports Sophomore All-American honors....named Second-Team All-CAA honors...finished second on the team with 63 tackles (36 solo)...added 1.0 sack, 4.5 tackles for loss, two interceptions, one pass breakup and two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, and a blocked kick.

2015, at Penn State, started at outside linebacker in 11 games as a redshirt freshman...earned First-Team Freshman All-Big 10 and Second-Team Freshman All-American honors... ranked fourth on the team with 67 tackles...added 5.5 tackles for loss and an interception.

Yeah, my bad. I must be thinking of another PSU linebacker. Ill have to look it up. My apologies. My memory is unfortunately getting worse with each passing year, apparently. Kind of scary since I'm only 52.

Edit: I did some research of recent PSU lovers. I was thinking of Jake Cooper. A PSU player from Downington near Philly. He was a player that we had high hopes for but he never panned out. Reeder I think transferred home to Delaware because of a family members health issue. I think his Mom maybe was ill.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yeah, my bad. I must be thinking of another PSU linebacker. Ill have to look it up. My apologies. My memory is unfortunately getting worse with each passing year, apparently. Kind of scary since I'm only 52.
Man, you are not alone.... I'm soon 65 & every day that passes my only remaining & working brain cell trends slowero_O.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
abc_logo.svg

sbg-close.svg

Seahawks' rookie draft class hit hard by injuries in camp
by TIM BOOTH AP Sports Writer
Thursday, August 22nd 2019
eae72c90-997f-4fdb-a0bd-45cc6f8d9fd1-large16x9_dj_metcalf.jpg

DJ Metcalf warms up before a scrimmage at Bothell's Pop Keeney Stadium (KOMO Photo)

RENTON, Wash. (AP) — When Cody Barton took a moment to think about it, the Seattle Seahawks rookie linebacker realized he has been going nonstop for about a year.
After his college career ended, it was straight into prep for the NFL combine. Then the draft, his first offseason workouts with the Seahawks and eventually training camp.
"We haven't had a break, really, since the summer of 2018," Barton said.
And it hasn't been an easy stretch for any of the rookies. Barton and the rest of Seattle's 2019 draft class have been slowed by injury problems throughout training camp, costing the rookies valuable opportunities to make an impression and get a feel for the NFL.

The injury bug issues were apparent Wednesday when none of the top three draft picks were on the practice field. Wide receiver DK Metcalf had minor knee surgery earlier this week while safety Marquise Blair was dealing with back spasms that flared up during Sunday's preseason game against Minnesota.
The two second-rounders joined first-round selection L.J. Collier on the medical report. Collier suffered a significant ankle sprain in the early days of camp.
In addition, Seattle has yet to see fourth-round pick Phil Haynes (sports hernia) and sixth-rounder Demarcus Christmas (back) on the field. Fifth-round pick Ben Burr-Kirven missed the early part of camp following surgery.
Even Barton missed a few days after tweaking a groin muscle.
"All the rookies out here, we're trying to get our exposure in the preseason and you have all these little things come up to where you can't play, that's challenging on a player," Barton said. "L.J., DK, they'll be fine. We also understand injuries happen."
Metcalf practiced last week, but then coach Pete Carroll announced after the Minnesota game that the big wide receiver needed surgery.
Carroll believes Metcalf will have a short recovery, though his status for the start of the season is in question. The coach wouldn't get into specifics about Metcalf's procedure.
"Excited that we got it done," Carroll said. "It was the kind of thing we could have put off but we wanted to use the time frame that we had available and hopefully it will work out just right for us."
Blair's issue also seems to be a short-term situation.
But Collier's ankle injury continues to be troublesome. Carroll said Collier has yet to put full weight on the ankle while running.
"L.J., we are just going to have to wait it out," Carroll said. "In that regard, L.J. is the one that's frustrating because he hasn't really had a shot to get going."
One rookie who has stood out — and has yet to miss time — is defensive back Ugo Amadi, who was taken in the fourth round. Amadi had a special teams highlight against the Vikings with a perfectly timed tackle on punt coverage. He's also been playing at safety and nickel cornerback.
"Availability is the best ability," Amadi said. "Taking care of your body is huge. I learned that early from the veterans here. ... If you want to be able to get paid you've got to be out here."
NOTES: Carroll said QB Paxton Lynch (concussion) will not play in the third preseason game Saturday against the Los Angeles Chargers. Carroll said Geno Smith, who had surgery to have a cyst removed from his knee, is back and will play extensively against the Chargers. ... Carroll said he's hopeful G Mike Iupati (calf) will be able to get back to practice soon. Along with the calf injury, Iupati has been slowed by a foot injury. ... CB Jamar Taylor will get the start at the nickel cornerback spot against the Chargers.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I hadn’t heard of some of those Seattle injuries, or didn’t connect how they’ve been hit.

Thanks for posting that @tomas (y)

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
WEEK 1 ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No idea what this was but just saw this. Panthers oline is complete trash according to their fans. Aaron Donald might start the year off good.

View: https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1164691864139816962?s=20

View: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1164694491313446912?s=20

I turned the game on right after the injury happened. All I saw was Cam limping and looked to be in quite a bit of pain. Dont know how serious it is, but week 1 is not to far away.
1 more reason to be glad McVay doesnt play the starters in preseason.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Cam in a walking boot with a mid ankle sprain. They are cautiously optimistic that he will be ready week 1.