CAMP REPORT 2018 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can Okoronkwo have number 7 please

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You mean the tackle that used poor technique and overextended? He'd probably say just that. Just like all rookies, hes gotta get coached. But he has the necessary physical tools, eg both hands.

And even a broken clock is right twice a day.

It's not like he's missing a finger, a toe, one arm is shorter than the other, or heck-- even a thumb. Dude is missing his entire left hand. That's a pretty big deal I'd say.

Lol. He stood up and shed a 300+ pound OT that we just spent a 3rd round pick on. And you see a ton of similar plays on tape. I posted them in the draft forum awhile back when someone had the same question. Griffin fights off blocks better than some of our past LBs did (cough Ogletree cough Laurinaitis). Shedding blocks is not necessary for the success of a guy with his speed, yet Griffin still does it better than many NFL LBs with similar athleticism.

The guy has been missing his entire left hand all his life. You can choose to get hung up on that, or you can choose to trust what the film shows. I've heard crap like that for years. "Aaron Donald is only 285 pounds; he can't hold up as a NFL DT. Cooper Kupp runs a 4.6 40; he won't separate against NFL CBs." When you focus on what a guy doesn't have, you miss all that he does have.

Finally, fact is that if a 300+ pound OT does everything correctly from a technical standpoint, no LB is going to get off his block. What separates the LBs who can shed blocks from the ones who can't is the ability to defeat blocks from much bigger players when those players aren't perfect with their technique. LBs who can't shed blocks don't do that. They still get engulfed.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I remember Snead lamenting the loss of Brockers in the playoffs and how that completely changed the complexion of the game. Seems like the Myers pick provides essential depth to withstand that type of loss the way the Rams weren't able to against the Falcons

At first glance, can't say I love the Allen pick, but I haven't watched him enough to make a solid judgment.

Love Obo.

Ive watched enough of Kiser to say he is my least favorite pick out the guys Ive seen on tape. On the bright side I was shocked by his athletic testing after watching his tape so maybe there is some upside there.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We still have the 2nd pick in the 6th round so we're close to being up again.