2017 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Have yet to see an O-line pick, shows that Snead must've made reliable pickups in 2015. Hoping Kromer can turn them into respectable starters at least.

Obviously they trust the talent of our OL's more than our WR's!!

I'm glad McVay trusts his staff to elevate our 2nd year linemen. He doesn't feel we wasted some picks last year. (I sure did)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know you've always disliked Spruce on the roster, but this makes no sense unless it has been determined that he won't be healthy. Kupp is essentially Spruce 2.0: measureables, route-running, hands, brains. Spruce is as cheap as it gets in his second year on a UDFA contract and has a year of camp and some club experience. Why would the Rams burn a third round pick and pay that round money to replace Spruce with a guy so similar to him? If Kupp is better than Spruce, the improvement isn't worth the price. The logical conclusion is that The Rams have a WR corp profile in mind and both Spruce and Kupp will be part of it.

People really need to stop with the Kupp is essentially Spruce. They're very different players. It's like claiming that Odell Beckham Jr. is essentially Doug Baldwin 2.0.

Spruce might make this roster. He's reliable. It'll depend on his special teams value. But he's not Kupp. He's just not that talented (Kupp-level talented). He's savvy, he's tough, he's physical, he's reliable, and he plays hard. That might earn him a job.

Ramification

Happy at the Coliseum again
People really need to stop with the Kupp is essentially Spruce. They're very different players. It's like claiming that Odell Beckham Jr. is essentially Doug Baldwin 2.0.

Spruce might make this roster. He's reliable. It'll depend on his special teams value. But he's not Kupp. He's just not that talented (Kupp-level talented). He's savvy, he's tough, he's physical, he's reliable, and he plays hard. That might earn him a job.
Please detail the differences.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Interesting picks so far didnt know they were going WR deep this year. Our current receivers must be not so good? Wonder who will go...

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Obviously they trust the talent of our OL's more than our WR's!!

I'm glad McVay trusts his staff to elevate our 2nd year linemen. He doesn't feel we wasted some picks last year. (I sure did)

It's hard to really measure where most of our talent on offense currently stand considering that Boras was unqualified to scheme as an OC

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Orlosky - Toth - Fuller still on board.

Don't we need a K? Gonzales? lol

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Roullier gone. God damn indians

1801_5a.gif

But seriously..

w61N5.gif

SierraRam

Recreational User
Well Shit.

I'm thinking Tanzel's still there at 206, unlike Chase

Hindsight: 20/20

Gotta be Toth now!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Please detail the differences.

I'll start with the measurables:
Cooper Kupp:
10 yard split - 1.57s
Short Shuttle - 4.08s
Three Cone Drill - 6.75s
40 time - 4.62s

Nelson Spruce:
10 yard split - 1.63s
Short Shuttle - 4.20s
Three Cone Drill - 7.09s
40 time - 4.69s

Basically, Kupp's top-end speed isn't great, but he has great acceleration, quickness, and change of direction ability. On the other hand, Spruce's top-end speed is also lacking, but his acceleration, quickness, and change of direction ability range from average to bad.

That all shows up on his game tape. Spruce lacks physical talent. He creates separation through savvy and physicality. It works for him. He will finish in traffic. He makes tough catches. But he tends to body the ball more and doesn't attack it that well in the air. Spruce plays every down like it could be his last. That's something to be commended. Spruce is a slot WR who will have to win working the middle. He won't separate outside and won't win in the air well enough for teams to accept that.

Kupp is a different type of player. He lacks top-end speed, but as I stated, he has acceleration, quickness, and change of direction ability. He has the athleticism to separate consistently. He combines that athleticism with skill and savvy that is simply beyond what Spruce offers. In addition to that, he attacks the ball better than Spruce does, catches the ball in traffic better than Spruce does, and he runs after the catch better than Spruce does. Spruce is essentially Kupp if you strip away the things that make him special.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well crap.

I'm thinking Tanzel's still there at 206, unlike Chase

Hindsight 20/20

Disagree. Smart was expected to go earlier. Roullier was considered a 6th round pick. It doesn't seem like the Rams like this OL class. JMO.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
At this point in the draft in this poor OL class not a huge difference between UDFA center and 6th rounder. Max Halpin western Kentucky a name to keep an eye on in UDFA. Board may have overrated Roullier a little projecting him in the 4th and he went mid 6th. Not a big loss ive felt all offseason the Rams thought the backup center with potential starting upside was already on the roster.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm gonna go cry a little bit :(

That aside I'm very happy with the draft so far.